Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFNA Buggies

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Get the bumpstart backplate for the engine..I am not sure if it comes with the Hyper .21 engine or a macstar.

get a good starter box..

get a steering servo that has at least 200 OZ. in torque and move the steering servo included to the throttle

Get 2-4 extra glowplugs
It will come with a "good enough" glow ignitor, but you should upgrade sometime down the line to a rechargeable one.

You should get 2 1600+ MAH RX packs, and a decent pack charger..

Extra air filter foams..

After run and air filter oil

Diff oil, buy 5000 WGT, 7000 wgt, and 3000WGT..5 front, 7 center, and 3 rear...I think the Hyper comes with grease filled diffs and you want to change that..grease is for bashing..Diff oil is for racing
I believe it comes with the Hyper .21 (that is what the specs say.)

Starter box and battery(s)

Receiver pack

Rechargable (NiMH batteries) for the transmitter if you don't already have them.

Charger

Diff fluids

Shock oil (probably 45, 40, and 35. Those are "smaller bore" shocks even though they call them big bore, so the heavier 45 front 40 rear is probably a good starting point... can go down to 40 f 35 r)

Tools if you don't have them. (The OFNA will be all metric) 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3 mm... and a long, thin bladed screwdriver for tuning the motor.

You are going to want some decent tires... the ones it come with are not going to be that great, and believe me, tires are THE BIGGEST change you can make to improve a car's handling. Without knowing your track it is hard to say WHAT to get, but look at what the local folks run.

And 7k center diff fluid is pretty heavy for a beginner. Try 5f 5c 3r to begin with.

If you have already got the spektrum system and are happy with the one you have... this car might be a better deal. The Losi IS still a superior car, but there is nothing wrong with a Hyper 7 for a beginner.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Here's a link for the backplate you will need to use the bump box..you can use it with the pullstart on..but not recommended"

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=13152
Old 07-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Here's a link for the backplate you will need to use the bump box..you can use it with the pullstart on..but not recommended"

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=13152
Are you basically removing the pullstart and pluggin the hole with this backplate?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Remove pullstart, shaft, metal plate, and the one way bearing that looks like a fan, cover the whole thing with the new bump plate
Old 07-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

This is what you'll need to get for the hyper 7 tq black.

-fuel
-AAs for the radio and receiver AA pack (12 total)
- 1 d cell battery for the ignitor
-extra plugs
-a heat gun to heat up the motor before to try to break it in. Motor is pretty tight.
- plug wrench
I think that's all you ll need and you'll wont be disappointed with this buggy. Then you can tell the losi guys to pound sand. opps....

Tyler
Old 07-22-2011, 01:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Gearhead racer
This is what you'll need to get for the hyper 7 tq black.

-fuel
-AAs for the radio and receiver AA pack (12 total)
- 1 d cell battery for the ignitor
-extra plugs
-a heat gun to heat up the motor before to try to break it in. Motor is pretty tight.
- plug wrench
I think that's all you ll need and you'll wont be disappointed with this buggy. Then you can tell the losi guys to pound sand. opps....

Tyler
ive had the pico bugy for over a year, I had to replace all electronics seeing as they dont fit the bill.............. threw a rod my fault, but there wasnt a crack in the block so i put a new one in it still runs great im recently turning it into an sc truck because the ofna perform great and dont break.......... unles u dont have fail safe
Old 07-28-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Regular

Get a Losi 2.0