Wiki Posts
Search

CEN Matrix TR Turn Radius

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default CEN Matrix TR Turn Radius

I have a CEN Matrix TR and I noticed it just does not seem to turn sharp at all. After a few tweaks I managed to make it turn a bit sharper however it is still not getting the full left to right like it should. I noticed on the front CVD's there is a spot in the joint of the CVD's that will not allow it to turn sharp. You can clearly see where the small pin goes that its not completely ground enough. I'm sure its like that for a reason, but my questions is how do I take it apart? There is no alien screw like normal to disassemble the CVD at the joint. I know If I can take it apart I can grind it a bit more and it would turn much sharper. On my other truggy its nothing like that and I get full turning. Maybe there is another CVD that I can use to replace the CEN TR one? I don't know but this is a bad design in my opinion..

Any suggestions would be great.

Pain
Old 07-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Allot of reads on this post but no reply's? Not looking good I guess. Thanks tho
Old 07-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pain
I don't know but this is a bad design in my opinion..
Just like all of CEN's products.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

I don't no why people put down CEN. I have the CEN matrix TR and buggy. I have had many RC buggies and can clearly see that the CEN TR an buggy are built very well.

Anyways back to topic please. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

on power or off power? are you racing or bashing? maybe less toe out will help, i don't think dremeling out should be your next option, maybe your last. tire choice should be option 1, camber? there's plenty of tr's here in fl and they turn just fine on the track. i drove one for a few months and it had more than enough turning. try less rear toe in or a thicker rear diff oil also. hope that helps.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

with my buggy, I took a grinder to the hubs and removed some material from it, I also added a longer servo arm and it has helped quite a bit. Adding these
http://www.cenracingdirect.com/index...OD&ProdID=4316 will help as well.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the tips guys. I ended up dremeling out the CVD's to allow them to turn more. The TR actually turns pretty sharp but the CVD's would not allow it. I had to remove the pin from the CVD with a vise and a nice thin center punch and the pin came rite out. My brother and I dremeled out the CVD just a little bit on both sides and that worked like a charm. The TR turns on a dime now.

Hey Trail Bruizer is that part you linked me to a direct replacement to the CEN TR? I didn't look up the part number yet. Thanks man!!