Community
Wiki Posts
Search

21 engine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Arrow 21 engine?

on my rsuh evo i have a 15 engine, wud a 21 engine fit or what modifications would i have to make???
Old 07-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

is this an onroad or offroad car?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

What is that?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Rookie

it is a hpi evo rush off road car, currently with a t 15 engine, i want to put a bigger engine in, so could i?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Vaughan0
it is a hpi evo rush off road car, currently with a t 15 engine, i want to put a bigger engine in, so could i?
Best bet would be to get a Traxxas 3.3 (a .20) or the new Losi 3.4 (a .20 almost a .21). These are both small blocks that will bolt right in to your Rush evo. For either of these you will need a rear exhaust header(losi and associated make nice ones for gas trucks) and you will need to change your throttle linkage to work with the slide carburetor. There are other motors too that are smaller than your .15 that will actuallly be faster than the .15 you have. RB and Novarossi make some really nice .12s that are especially designed for Gas 2wd trucks, and they are side exhaust and Rotary carb motors like your T15.

Also the OS .18 CVRX is an ANIMAL in a gas truck.I had one in my RC10GT and it was a handful. It also has side exhaust and can come with a rotary carb

In order to put a Big Block .21 in it you would have to prolly have some custom motor mounts made and/or modify your chassis(or make a custom one)

Choices:
Traxxas 3.3 with pullstart

Losi 3.4 Non-pull(maybe roto?)

RB C12 Gas Truck motor

Novarossi .12 non pull

Novarossi .12 with RotoStart

OS .18CVRX with pullstart

And of course there are tons of other motors out there. You just have to decide how much you want to spend. YOu also need to know what style crankshaft your current motor has that way you can find a motor with the same style so your clutch will work. Obviously other clutches may be used as well. etc etc Most aftermarket motors are better, stronger, faster and more reliable that the HPI T-15 that you currently have...

Last edited by megasaxon; 07-13-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Rookie

ok i fink i will leave it lol cheers any way