Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Buggy engines GRP, trinity/sirio, O.S., Novarossi, etc.... >

Buggy engines GRP, trinity/sirio, O.S., Novarossi, etc....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buggy engines GRP, trinity/sirio, O.S., Novarossi, etc....

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

I love my V-spec and would tell anyone to buy one

but my next engine is going to be the New Orion.

I've heard they have great power, last fairly long and feel like a V-spec.

and I've seen a lot of the Losi guys starting to run them.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

JX 21 Ninja is my choice. Its a little more expensive then the V-Spec but the coated crank makes it worth it. The coated crank will not wear out making it possible to keep the engine much longer.

Its easy to tune and its as fast as anything. I'm on my 2nd one now and thinking hard about buying a 3rd. If I had been a little smarter I would still have the 1st one going strong but when the bearing starting making noise at 5 gallons I kept running it until it grenaded. Had I pulled it out when I heard the noise I could have put a new bearing in it and gotten another 5 gallons or more from it. I plan to make this one I have left last well into next season using a bit more care.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
First of all AMAINHOBBIES is better.

dont get the Promod - if you are going OS, then run the -

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...n-Buggy-Engine

I know the Speed is good engine - but guys he wants a buget engine. I would strongly get the regular OS-Max-21VZ-B-V-Spec-T-P with a 2060 pipe or Losi make a pipe with the same specs as the 2060 for half the price. Never used it but its there

This is what they are refering to:
the OS Speed: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...n-Buggy-Engine

correct about the Ninja - new piston and sleeve - OS .28 case and the speed rod = bad ass engine
What is bad about the promod? I think i might go with the ninja. What is the best pipe/manifold for the ninja and the normal V-spec. How does the pipe/manifold affect engine performance and feel?

Also i am not really looking for a "budget engine" should I up my budget past $500 for an engine/pipe or is there not really much of a difference as i get into things more expensive than that? I would rather get a good engine now that i can keep for a while than find out that i need something better a few months into it.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ive run the JX Ninja with the OS 2050 and 2060 pipes. I also here it does well with a AE 2035 but havent tried it.

I dont think its one of those engines that really only runs right with one pipe. I think it can be matched with many different pipes to give different powerbands.

Pipes do make a substantial difference on where an engine produces power and because of that sometimes certain pipes dont work well with certain engines and others really shine.

The first JX I had I used the 2060 pipe. It was silky smooth and had seemingly never ending top end. On the newer JX I put my trusty old 2050 pipe on it. It runs like a stump puller now with gobs of power right from the moment I pull the trigger so much so in fact I geared up a tooth. I say the 2060 is smooth and the 2050 is explosive you can choose whatever your looking for
Old 07-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cstroh
What is bad about the promod? I think i might go with the ninja. What is the best pipe/manifold for the ninja and the normal V-spec. How does the pipe/manifold affect engine performance and feel?

Also i am not really looking for a "budget engine" should I up my budget past $500 for an engine/pipe or is there not really much of a difference as i get into things more expensive than that? I would rather get a good engine now that i can keep for a while than find out that i need something better a few months into it.

I just brought the pro mod engine and really dont feel like its worth the extra 100 bucks. for me its 1. OS speed - 2-ninja - 3-vpec
Old 07-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
I just brought the pro mod engine and really dont feel like its worth the extra 100 bucks. for me its 1. OS speed - 2-ninja - 3-vpec
+1 on the os speed you know where the extra bucks went you can feel it.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you all very much for all the help and input. I think i am going to go with the Ninja. Since i am new to nitro and used to electric I think i am going to go with the OS 2060 pipe for the smooth power-band. What is the best manifold for the 2060? Are there any other options i should explore?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cstroh
Thank you all very much for all the help and input. I think i am going to go with the Ninja. Since i am new to nitro and used to electric I think i am going to go with the OS 2060 pipe for the smooth power-band. What is the best manifold for the 2060? Are there any other options i should explore?
The one that comes with the pipe get the pipe and header combo. Unless you are running a MBX6 then you need a ninja C type header. The Mugen 2042 and c or L type header will keep it all Ninja. The mugen 2042 is a 2060 copy.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

I couldn't find a combo on Amain. What will the performance difference between the C and L headers be? Is one better suited to the 2042?