R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #16
Tech Prophet

what another mods to u need to do to make the gt2 a gad corr truck without the excented chassis
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:52 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

How bout peoe just start getting the old GT class back fired up again?! No way a corr truck could be a more enjoyable class than GT. Plus it cost you no extra money in mods or anything as such. Blow the dust off, charge the batteries, and start burnin some fuel through them to bring the class back to life!
cleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:59 AM   #18
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleblanc View Post
How bout peoe just start getting the old GT class back fired up again?! No way a corr truck could be a more enjoyable class than GT. Plus it cost you no extra money in mods or anything as such. Blow the dust off, charge the batteries, and start burnin some fuel through them to bring the class back to life!
That's what i've done here localy but people still need something to wake ther a__ up so one of those silly Corr body's could do the trick!

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:08 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to JATOdriver

if thats what it takes to wake the classs back up im game , ill clean up my XXXNT and throw a slash body on it see what kinda looks i get at the track
Old 07-15-2009, 07:20 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is a great idea, I hated to see 1/10th GT class kinda fizzle out. I saw it happening when they really started making the tracks for 1/8th buggy (Super Massive Jumps) I remember having to put a .15 engine in just to clear the big double!

I have machined myself a piece to extend my XXXnt to SCT length

I will let you know how it goes

The extension goes from the motor mounts to the end of the chassis.

I am also going to mount the front carriers/hubs to the XXXNT so Slash wheels will fit on front.
synap2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:24 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
what another mods to u need to do to make the gt2 a gad corr truck without the excented chassis
SC10 tires,a body and a way to mount it and a front bumper and a whole lot of skill to control that engine with those tires.
Cleblanc, I'm with ya on the Gas truck class but I'm afraid it's gone.This SC thing could at least save it from pure extinction.Putting fenders and hard tires on them really might be fun.The ability to bump and bang without crashing makes for a really good time....Any thing we can do to keep these trucks on the track is worth the effort.And the sound would very closely mimick the 2wd lite 1:1 SC trucks....I think it's destiny.
pete 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I can see it now, AE with a Pro-2 Factory Team and Pro-4 (Ready to run). Traxxas is already in the Pro-4 game if this all started up. So is Kyosho I believe. I can't remember if Kyosho's truck is 2wd or 4wd but either way they could be a contender. YEAH BABY, now I can put my brand new six months old GT2 to use. LOL.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:39 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Yeah,this class is the next step in SC racing.1:10 SC 2WD nitro.Should have mine finished next week.Will do some testing racing with SC MOD electric just to see where we're at performance wise.Ought to be a hoot.
pete 26 is offline   Reply With Quote