R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 604
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default NEVER A PICCO 28 !!



guys never ever buy this engine. I bought it from rc hop up.

the engine has been broken in text book and only after a gallon , the rear bearing failed.

some bits must have floated into the engine and damaged the piston, con rod, so its now useless.


the distributors in england wont fix it cause i bought from rchop up on ebay and worse the idiots in ofna USAdont want to help me now since i bought from ebay


even though i got from an american site with a receipt.


I GOT CHEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
muaythai is offline  
Old 07-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
losi8ight832's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Buckeye,AZ
Posts: 717
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

sucks man, i feel your pain!
losi8ight832 is offline  
Old 07-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #3
Tech Champion
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

That sucks to hear, but Fleabay---it's not exactly a distributor. Ya never know what you're going to get there. Better luck next time.
__________________
--Driver...you are cleared into the track.....Smoke On.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline  
Old 07-10-2009, 12:06 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 855
Default

Would you warranty something that was bought second hand NO. Warranty is only given to the 1st buyer they have no idea how the 1st guy treated it. States right on there website they WILL NOT warranty things bought from Ebay. I don't blame them I bet they have gotten scammed alot on this.

As for the Picco 28 never had issue with the 2 I have. Anything can happen to a engine and from any manufacture can have the same issue can you say OS speed
pdmustgt is offline  
Old 07-10-2009, 02:57 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
vladconnery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

You flamed the engine and the manufacture. When the truth is you bought it second hand on ebay. rchop is not an authorized dealer for picco. The real truth is no race engine manufacture offers a warranty. Some will help if there is a problem but most will not. I have had 5 picco's and not a problem with any of them. Thats not to say you didn't get a bad engine cause anythings possible. Just think your flaming the wrong people. I would be more inclined to say that you didn't get the new engine you thought you were getting from the seller on ebay.

There are 3 things in this hobby you never try to cut corners on. Radio's, Engine's and servo's. Look for good deals from reputable authorized sellers and keep your receipt.

All the same it sucks when you don't get what you paid for no matter who its from.
__________________
KO PROPO EURUS
Kyosho: TKI3, TKIe Tekin RX8 Gen2
vladconnery is offline  
Old 07-10-2009, 03:01 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice
 
dirtyboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
Would you warranty something that was bought second hand NO. Warranty is only given to the 1st buyer they have no idea how the 1st guy treated it. States right on there website they WILL NOT warranty things bought from Ebay. I don't blame them I bet they have gotten scammed alot on this.

As for the Picco 28 never had issue with the 2 I have. Anything can happen to a engine and from any manufacture can have the same issue can you say OS speed
i agree with u, im using picco p3 28 n hav no issue n been running for 2 gallons.
had the same problem wit my os speed vzb spec 2 n it was brand new. it can happen to any engine,sometimes is factory default but nothing we can do cause ther is no warranty. try n buy or order engines from ur local dealer instead.
__________________
mugenseiki mbx-6, mugenseiki mbx-6t, hpi savage x 4.6, hpi savage flux, tamiya tb-03, kyosho v-one rrr evo 2 wc edition, kyosho dst
tt raptor 50 titanium, align 450 sports, e-sky honey bee
dirtyboo is offline  
Old 07-10-2009, 05:03 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
MrUnlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,463
Default

I always run picco in my hydroplane and have no problem. In my buggy I race go-engine which is fast and reliable.
__________________
U5 Formulaboat 1/8 hydroplane - MHZ138 AQUAMANIA - Axial Exo Terra - Tamiya Avante - LC Racing EMB1 - Atomic AMZ 4WD Touring car
MrUnlimited is offline  
Old 07-10-2009, 05:08 AM   #8
Tech Elite
 
MadRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SE USA
Posts: 2,378
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Its absurd to blame Picco for a problem incurred with a used engine off of e-bay.
MadRussian is offline  
Old 07-10-2009, 05:22 AM   #9
Tech Regular
 
RCRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 348
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCRat Send a message via Skype™ to RCRat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRussian View Post
Its absurd to blame Picco for a problem incurred with a used engine off of e-bay.
+1
RCRat is offline  
Old 07-10-2009, 05:38 AM   #10
TIX
Tech Master
 
TIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 1,943
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

wouldnt you be better off to just put a claim in with paypal because you were sold a busted POS instead of a working item
__________________
Alan Nankervis.

TIX Race Designs. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
TIX is offline  
Old 07-10-2009, 06:25 AM   #11
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
You flamed the engine and the manufacture. When the truth is you bought it second hand on ebay. rchop is not an authorized dealer for picco. The real truth is no race engine manufacture offers a warranty. Some will help if there is a problem but most will not. I have had 5 picco's and not a problem with any of them. Thats not to say you didn't get a bad engine cause anythings possible. Just think your flaming the wrong people. I would be more inclined to say that you didn't get the new engine you thought you were getting from the seller on ebay.

There are 3 things in this hobby you never try to cut corners on. Radio's, Engine's and servo's. Look for good deals from reputable authorized sellers and keep your receipt.

All the same it sucks when you don't get what you paid for no matter who its from.
Yes they do, OS 2 year warranty (does not cover speed), Novarossi, and RB have manufactor warranites


And NEVER buy a used engine especially if you do not know the person
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline  
Old 07-10-2009, 06:33 AM   #12
Tech Fanatic
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 931
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

He never said he bought it used..
__________________
Losi 8ight-E 2.0, LRP Shark, Xray M18T custom extended, Traxxas VXL Revo
Hide is offline  
Old 07-10-2009, 07:11 AM   #13
Tech Elite
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,345
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

yeah that's the part I'm missing here - where does he say he bought it used????

Additionnally, remember one doesn't buy FROM ebay, one buys FROM someone (shop or individual) VIA ebay... which is no different from buying from the same someone (shop or individual) VIA internet or VIA the phone or VIA (let's be old school here) sending a postal letter or (shit, let's be crazy!) taking the car and drive all the way to the LHS (isn't that NUTS???? ). Ebay is just a platform that puts buyers and sellers in touch via internet and that uses an auctionning system. Stormer sells via ebay if I ain't mistaken. Atomichobbies does the same. RCBoyz ditto. and the list goes on and on.

If the motor was bought new, in the US, from a US distro approved retailer, whether it was via ebay or via any other mean, I think it's completely unfair that the local importer says they don't want to hear about it.

Of course, if it's sourced from the gray market it's completely different... let alone if it was bought used

Paul
__________________
When the flag drops, the BS stops.

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline  
Old 07-10-2009, 07:19 AM   #14
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 815
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
If the motor was bought new, in the US, from a US distro approved retailer, whether it was via ebay or via any other mean, I think it's completely unfair that the local importer says they don't want to hear about it.
I agree completely, if it was new, there is NO reason warranty should be denied. Who cares where it was bought from? Its a brand new Picco product


my only gripe with my picco is that its SO DAMN TIGHT. I am still going through break-in, and even with heating it up, I've stripped four belts.
spawn_x is offline  
Old 07-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #15
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Foley, Al
Posts: 516
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I buy alot of rc stuff off of ebay and the shops are no different than amain or carolina rc. They are shops just like them. Ebay is just another way for them to get there service out there. If bought new something should be covered.
__________________
Making a comeback !!
roadracer43 is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:45 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net