R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #61
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its sad that rctech has come to these type of threads and the same old which servo is better thread, and what would happen if I hit a tree thread. It wasnt this way at one time. I use to get online to learn about rc related stuff and now I get on for pure amusement and entertainment . Some of the crap thats talked about now has nothing to do with rc at all. It has become a place for grown men to sit and argue about who knows the most or who thinks they know the most. There are only a few threads on here these days that can truly help someone with rc. All the others are just a bit$h fest !!!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #62
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wingracer, pretty much the point I was going to make.

The motor ran fine out of the box, the OP broke it in but doesn't say how and then ran a half gallon or more fuel through the motor. So there was no problem at first and for him to say it had a bad bearing from the start is wrong.

I have a Ofna Force 28 motor that has about 4 gallons on it now where I have seen people say it is good for only 2 1/2. We just ran it ina 1 hour non-stop enduro race with 2 different drivers and driving styles changing every 15 minutes. The motor ran great the whole way and in 114 degree heat it ran temps of 210 for an hour solid and only used about 1 quart of fuel.

So based on that the OP ran his motor a lot longer than he makes it out to be before it went bad.

Just a thought.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #63
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer43 View Post
Its sad that rctech has come to these type of threads and the same old which servo is better thread, and what would happen if I hit a tree thread. It wasnt this way at one time. I use to get online to learn about rc related stuff and now I get on for pure amusement and entertainment . Some of the crap thats talked about now has nothing to do with rc at all. It has become a place for grown men to sit and argue about who knows the most or who thinks they know the most. There are only a few threads on here these days that can truly help someone with rc. All the others are just a bit$h fest !!!

just be cool
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 07-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #64
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZrcdriver View Post
Wingracer, pretty much the point I was going to make.

The motor ran fine out of the box, the OP broke it in but doesn't say how and then ran a half gallon or more fuel through the motor. So there was no problem at first and for him to say it had a bad bearing from the start is wrong.

I have a Ofna Force 28 motor that has about 4 gallons on it now where I have seen people say it is good for only 2 1/2. We just ran it ina 1 hour non-stop enduro race with 2 different drivers and driving styles changing every 15 minutes. The motor ran great the whole way and in 114 degree heat it ran temps of 210 for an hour solid and only used about 1 quart of fuel.

So based on that the OP ran his motor a lot longer than he makes it out to be before it went bad.

Just a thought.
i wanna know who won

pm me
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 07-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #65
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
An iPod is not a race engine. Plus, the engine ran fine for about a gallon. How would OFNA or anyone else know if this guy had a proper air filter on it or not?
It doesn't matter what kind of product it is. Whats important is that its product sold buy a company, just like Ipod. How would apple know if their guy hadn't dropped the ipod or not?

Quote:
What if he was running bad fuel, then put it in a damp basement for two months with no after run? What if he was running this thing lean and hot? I am not saying this guy did any of that, how would I know but that is my point. How do you warranty something when 90% of all failures are caused by improper use? Yeah it sucks for the 10% with a legitimate problem but what can you do?
It really shouldn't be hard to tell what the problem is with a look inside the engine. Signs of compression loss and heat damage should be apparent. A little detective work would be in order.

Quote:
There are no warranties on NASCAR, IRL or F1 engines either to my knowledge.
To the best of my knowledge, Nascar engines are not very popular with the everyday consumer.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #66
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn_x View Post
Anyway, you get my point, anything else said on the matter will be pointless
I totally agree, pointless. Since the thread was started by someone who is now suspended, I'm going to close the thread. It is just a place to argue (these threads always are).

Thanks!
Jason