Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEVER A PICCO 28 !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Cussing at a service rep is an extremely poor way to ask for help....If someone cannot control their temper and started cussing at me I would tell them to go fly a kite......

However if the person was nice and polite I do feel OFNA should at least take a look at the engine... If it was a factory defect bearing it shouldn't matter where the engine was bought, a factory defect is a factory defect and a fault of nobody but the factory.....As the truth is if the bearing is faulty that engine was going to fail no matter where it was purchased from..and if it was a OFNA branded Picco then I feel OFNA should at least have a look to see what went wrong..........
Old 07-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by -R2-
Please elaborate on how you tend to argue with me and when we do not warranty items on E-bay just we state on our site we've had issues in the past of changed over parts and items handled through e-bay as 3rd party nor beyond North America, and please let them know on how you seem to cuss me out them try to hang up in my face, but I cannot tolerate the first cuss word that comes out of a persons mouth so the phone gets the hang up before you finish. Sorry that you got duped from buying from e-bay but there's nothing I can do with it.
I own a business, and when someone calls and proceeds to cuss me or ANY of my employees, that is the end of our business relations. I will NOT and do not expect any of my team to deal nor tolerate it. Any of you that think that is the route to go, then you deserve to get hung up on.

As far as ebay, why aren't you holding the seller liable?? I try and purchase from 2 shops, so we when I have had a problem, they know me and are willing to go the extra mile to help make it right. If you do try and go cheap all the time, this will happen, it may not be right, but thats the way it goes.

Customers of mine are always trying to get something from us for nothing, it happens daily!!!!! So I understand what these dealers are having to do. There are so many variables with a nitro engine, it is the customers word, because of all the Knuckle heads that are lying all the time, so of the legit problems will get passed on due to all the scammers.

I DO NOT buy from ebay for this reason, sorry it happened, but I just do not like ebay.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by muaythai

guys never ever buy this engine. I bought it from rc hop up.

the engine has been broken in text book and only after a gallon , the rear bearing failed.

some bits must have floated into the engine and damaged the piston, con rod, so its now useless.

the distributors in england wont fix it cause i bought from rchop up on ebay and worse the idiots in ofna USAdont want to help me now since i bought from ebay

even though i got from an american site with a receipt.

I GOT CHEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, ur trippin the FTT picco .28 is probably one of the baddest engine u can get it sucks that that happend to u but i've never heard of that happening before so I guess anythings possible its just one of those things all "you can do" is break in the engine properly and always use after run oil
Old 07-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Straight from ofna's website. I dont know how this would'nt make perfect sense. Totally lame how people whine about crap that is thier own fault.

Notice: Buyer Beware, E-Bay Sales
Issues concerning unauthorized OFNA products have recently been brought to our attention. Gray market kits and products bearing the OFNA name are being sold via 3rd party sources which are not official OFNA products, generally from outside the US. Also we have heard of kits being sold on E-Bay which are lacking components or are possibly stolen.

How can you tell if the kit you are about to purchase is official merchandise? Your kit will come in an OFNA box, with OFNA literature inside, but most importantly your box will carry the official OFNA factory seal. Prospective buyers should check these items before purchase. If the seal is broken, OFNA reserves the right to decline warranty, although this will be taken on a case per case basis.

OFNA Warranties are Non-Transferable.

This means if you purchase a kit or products via a 2nd or 3rd party and you develop a warranty issue, you will have to go back to the Original Seller. The Original Seller must then initiate the warranty process (via an authorized hobby store or dealer) on behalf of the new owner.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hide
He never said he bought it used..
No one did say it was used but it becomes used after being sold the 2nd time no matter if it was ran or not.

The other issue you don't exactly have a receipt for proof of purchase. Like Speedski said there are so many out there looking to rip you off.

Last edited by pdmustgt; 07-10-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sickboy
Straight from ofna's website. I dont know how this would'nt make perfect sense. Totally lame how people whine about crap that is thier own fault.

Notice: Buyer Beware, E-Bay Sales
Issues concerning unauthorized OFNA products have recently been brought to our attention. Gray market kits and products bearing the OFNA name are being sold via 3rd party sources which are not official OFNA products, generally from outside the US. Also we have heard of kits being sold on E-Bay which are lacking components or are possibly stolen.

How can you tell if the kit you are about to purchase is official merchandise? Your kit will come in an OFNA box, with OFNA literature inside, but most importantly your box will carry the official OFNA factory seal. Prospective buyers should check these items before purchase. If the seal is broken, OFNA reserves the right to decline warranty, although this will be taken on a case per case basis.

OFNA Warranties are Non-Transferable.

This means if you purchase a kit or products via a 2nd or 3rd party and you develop a warranty issue, you will have to go back to the Original Seller. The Original Seller must then initiate the warranty process (via an authorized hobby store or dealer) on behalf of the new owner.
Amen

Buy it directly from Nitrohouse which is Ofna's direct outlet they are one in the same poeple
Old 07-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
No one did say it was used but it becomes used after being sold the 2nd time no matter if it was ran or not.
who said anything about it being sold a second time?

you DO know there are full blown R/C shops that do business through ebay, right?

99% of the stuff I buy online is brand new and is from ebay stores...
Old 07-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

exactly spawn
Old 07-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

like TheToyz, etc. I do believe the seller should be held responsible. Usually if you have a faulty item, take it or send it back to the seller and they should deal with OFNA themselves.

And I guarantee everyone has a temper at one time or another. If someone ends up cussing another person out, then the manufacturer should still do the right thing and FIX it. Thats what businesses strive for, is a GOOD reputation. Are the people that answer the phone usually at fault? no. Its usually the creator of the product. As a business whole, they should strive for reliability and reputation. Trust me, I know of a couple businesses that treated customers like crap and they dont stay around long. Their rep gets trashed QUICK. Like OFNA for example. Ive known a couple people affiliated with OFNA who have ended up bein a$$holes and no one around here owns any kind of OFNA product anymore. Its not about what you know. Its about WHO you know!!!

This is just another example that some businesses shouldn't be around!
Old 07-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

They wouldn't be in business if they warranted third party engines anyway whether they are new or not..What is your feeling about OS? Are they a great company who is customer service driven and deserve to stay in business?

Their Service and warantee policies are the worst anywhere! If the engine in question had been bought from a LHS or even a major online retailer..Picco is one of the few racing Mills that would have at least been looked at by OFNA..RB, NOVA, OS, SIRIO all would have told him there was nothing they could do..

Bottom line, for a high dollar racing engine made in Italy. As long as you follow OFNA's polocies they are pretty Much The ONLY company that stands behind their engines
Old 07-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I tend to disagree, as i purchased a JPX .21 and after breakin and a little under half a gallon the rear bearing went on mine and they told me they wont do anything for me other than sell me a new bearing. I find if anything Picco/Jammin company has to be the worst to get any help from. (and i was polite..lol) I now run OS and wont look back.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Lord

Then maybe it is luck of the draw as far as who answers the phone. I have had issues 6 times with 4 different vendors (Traxxas, OFNA, RCAMERICA, and OS)

OS was the only vendor that told me to F$#ck off! Everyone else took care of my problems pronto
Old 07-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Personally, I wouldn't offer any sort of warranty on any racing engine.

Why?

Because the customer demands performance over all else and to get that performance you have to push it to the limits. I could design a motor that would be inexpensive, last for 20 gallons and have a great warranty but guess what, NO ONE would BUY it. Why? Because it would be super slow and weigh a ton.

I have a $700 Nova onroad engine that only lasted about a gallon before the exhaust port side of the piston was so worn it lost compression and won't hold a tune anymore. There is no one that is going to fix that one for free. I still run Nova motors though, because they are the best.

The best you can hope for is a deal like Ron Paris used to offer on his motors. If I remember right, he didn't warranty anything but if you had a problem with it, he would fix it for the cost of the parts.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have had very good results from Ofna/Jammin support. Sometimes they offer to replace things sometimes they don't but that is life.

The problem today is people buy an item no matter what it is, break it and expect, no demand the manufacture to replace if for them for free no matter what. Remember as well most of these people lie like crazy as to when and where they bought it and why it broke.

Why is it then we demand a free replacement or say this company sucks big time. These companies would not be able to stay in business doing this everyday unless they add all this extra cost into the product they sell. So do you want to pay 3 or 4 times as much to get your free replacement when you screw up your product.

Now I understand it is possible to get a faulty motor out of the box but the odds of this are fairly small in the big picture of how many they sell. So that leaves all the rest as user errors of some sort.

I am still running my Ofna/Picco Force 28 that came in my X1 CRT and it has several gallons through it so I guess by most of you I am the lucky one of the bunch.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Lord

Last edited by Jaz240; 07-11-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: referenced post deleted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.