R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default JP Racing FX21 B-5T ???????

I just picked up one of these from a friend that has had it about a year but never really ran it (less than a gallon). I was just wondering if anyone has ever ran one before and what your opinion is of it? I'm going to race it this weekend but I'm not sure which of my pipes I should run on it. I have a Dynamite 053 that I run on my Nova 367 and a Ofna PCR 2027. Also which Turbo plug is best for this engine running Byron 30% pro driver (9% oil)? I think the Nova 5 but does it matter if it's a long or short?
shotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotime View Post
I just picked up one of these from a friend that has had it about a year but never really ran it (less than a gallon). I was just wondering if anyone has ever ran one before and what your opinion is of it? I'm going to race it this weekend but I'm not sure which of my pipes I should run on it. I have a Dynamite 053 that I run on my Nova 367 and a Ofna PCR 2027. Also which Turbo plug is best for this engine running Byron 30% pro driver (9% oil)? I think the Nova 5 but does it matter if it's a long or short?
the dynamite 086hs would be one of my first choices for pipes . the dynamite 053mr will be very good but better with the ofna square header

use odo97t or 77t plug , this engine will have wayyyyy more bottom end punch then your 367

the engine is more than likely not broke in all the way so be nice to it and dont expect crazy power out of it until at least 1.5-2 gallons mark
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks houston! I'll be impressed if this JP performs as well as you say! My 367 has been well worked by Chris Nunez at fusion. I race with him regularly so he takes care of me and a few of the other guys I run with. If it's any better than my 367 I'll have a grin from ear to ear! If you've ever ran the JP, what kind of run times can I expect? It's the fully modded black version with the R6 Con rod. I noticed it comes from JP with a #8 restrictor but I'm thinking I should run a 7. What do you suggest if I run my Dynamite 053 as is with the stock medium round manifold? I'm running it in a buggy so I'm not to concerned about any loss in bottom end.
shotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
Tech Adept

I ran the STD plug fx21b5n stock version and it really was a great motor.. I ran it with a jp3 pipe and usually got 8 mins a tank in a buggy. Jp makes awesome stuff...
Old 07-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

I have been running JP engine for the past 6 years nothing but great results
as for a pipe choise Novarossi 9886 - 9853 - 9901
as for the glow plug run SH8 turbo plug they are great
q8heli is offline   Reply With Quote