Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Sirio CL3B .21 Off-Road Buggy Engine >

Sirio CL3B .21 Off-Road Buggy Engine

Sirio CL3B .21 Off-Road Buggy Engine

Old 08-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JUD
I think I used the turbo head from the Evo IV STI tuned... I think the one with the black crankcase is slightly bigger.. Im very sure its a Sirio head button. I thought they were all the same.....
lols...glad to hear it worked for ya! I'll be making the switch as soon as I can get one.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

The CL3B and the CL7B are the same bore and stroke, so a head button from a CL7B is what you need. You can't use the head button from the Evo because it's a short-stroke engine with a slightly bigger bore. If you're installing a used head button, be sure to remove the glow plug - when the plug is installed, the button may not be able to fit in the bore.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:43 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveP
The CL3B and the CL7B are the same bore and stroke, so a head button from a CL7B is what you need. You can't use the head button from the Evo because it's a short-stroke engine with a slightly bigger bore. If you're installing a used head button, be sure to remove the glow plug - when the plug is installed, the button may not be able to fit in the bore.
Yeah that's the word. The bore!!! I knew I was doing something wrong!!! Thanks for your help!!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking

Hi folks,

I've just Bought a CL3 Sport (that is the same as CL3B) and I would like to know what are te improvements of using the CL7B head button and if its good to put an CL7B carburator in it.

Hope you can help a guy from the other side of the world

Tks in advance
Old 11-17-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Anyone knows the CL3 Sport?

Hello, anyone?

I've read in some places that my engine (CL3 Sport) is for the TURBO plug....

I'm a bit confused, because if the CL3B is a normal plug The combo (CL3 Sport) shoud be also. But in some websites I read that this engine Should have a Turbo Plug....

I'm Very confused and I still didn't break in my engine because of that. No one seebs to be capable to answer that to me
Old 11-17-2009, 11:51 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nelio

Hello, anyone?

I've read in some places that my engine (CL3 Sport) is for the TURBO plug....

I'm a bit confused, because if the CL3B is a normal plug The combo (CL3 Sport) shoud be also. But in some websites I read that this engine Should have a Turbo Plug....

I'm Very confused and I still didn't break in my engine because of that. No one seebs to be capable to answer that to me
It comes with the standard plug, but if you want the turbo head it has to come from the CL7B engine. Use it for better power and mileage.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Oh... OK. I thought that the CL3 Sport maybe was diferent from the CL3B.

My confusion was because of this -> ww.mrc-rc.com/index.php/en/products/motori-21/23-001-21cl3bsport

You can notice that it says GLOWPLUG:Turbo.

Good its a normal one because its already fitted in the engine.

BTW, is there anyway to look at the engine and sayng is normal or turbo?
Old 11-17-2009, 05:36 PM
JUD
Tech Master

Just take the glow plug out and look at it. If it has a copper washer on it, its standard. If it has tapered threads and no washer, its turbo.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:17 AM
Tech Initiate

My question was how to know if a button head is Turbo or not, because the engine came without Glowplug.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Same engine as werks B3???
Old 01-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nelio
My question was how to know if a button head is Turbo or not, because the engine came without Glowplug.
If it is new in the box it is a STD plug motor. do not try and force a Turbo plug into the head as STD and Turbo have different threads. Try the new Novarossi C6G it works great in that motor.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just started up my Dragon III yesterday. I noticed when turning the flywheel that it had no mechnical pinch at all even before the start.Is yours like that too? It fired up right away and i lowered the idle and leand the top three hours den did easy 30-80% throttle runs on short grass. It was way too fat on top needle in factory setting to gain heat and did not rev at all. Today i will put a tune on it at the track. The low needle seems pretty dialed already.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flat7
Just started up my Dragon III yesterday. I noticed when turning the flywheel that it had no mechnical pinch at all even before the start.Is yours like that too? It fired up right away and i lowered the idle and leand the top three hours den did easy 30-80% throttle runs on short grass. It was way too fat on top needle in factory setting to gain heat and did not rev at all. Today i will put a tune on it at the track. The low needle seems pretty dialed already.
This is the pre broken in engine. It only needs a few tanks and it's ready to race tune.