R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #31
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
I just put one in my D8T last nite with a JP4 pipe....

...stay tuned
Old 07-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #32
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

Go E......

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I would so love to see a video of Dreaux's MBX 6 with the stock OS.28 or the Jammin .28 or the modded whatever, and he guns the throttle and we can see his diffs explode out of the car, and the CVD's bent and snap and send pieces of shrapnel at the camera..It can be a what not to do video...he could put a little warning "Don't try this at Home"

come on jazz. It's a spare buggy made out of spare parts. It's just for fun, if my diffs explode it's cool I will wear a face shield
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know its a little old and probably most don't even know what it is, but a RB Rody C5 (circa 2003, maybe) is the fastest engine I have seen in person....lacks bottom end (can be tuned for SOME bottom) and gets awful mileage, but when that lightswitch is turned on, it is a hell of a ride.
Crim3Wav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:03 AM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmo View Post
Maximo-

Between your modded JPX .21 and your modded Ninja MR .28,which one do you think has the higher top end and more power.I saw your vids on both and they both are promising.

well funny you should ask... we drag raced one of my stage 1 JPX .21's in a X2 CRT vs my mugen with the ninja 28 the night i shot the video.....The Mugen was running heavier Badland tires, the X2 was running Bowties.... off the line the JPX got a good jump and carried it for about 250 feet, then the Ninja managed to catch up and maybe pass, we were at the limit of radio range anyways....The X2 is running a 13 th bell, I was running a 14 th bell...we also raced on asphalt..... We did the race 2 times and the results were the same every time....The Ninja does have more midrange punch, but i feel unless your running bigger tires like Badlands or Mulchers the .21 is a better engine choice.....With todays lighweight tires and a good clutch like a M2C the jammin 21 is likely going to take down pretty much every 28 you put it next to, especially so on the dirt.. As well the .21's are much easier on clutches and seem to tune and run more consistently...the .28's are always eating clutches and clutch bearings, which truly gets tiresome......
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:27 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If all you are looking for is stupid unusable power to tear up some grass, go electric.

A Neu 1512 3300kv on 4s is pushing 49,000 rpms and will easily push a 1/8 buggy to 60mph in about 2 seconds without breaking a sweat. That is about 2.7hp. I ran my rc8 on 5s with that motor parking lot bashing and got to 70mph with a gps strapped on the wing at 3/4 throttle and was still pulling wheelies. About 3.2 hp.

Sponsors: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and my wife's bank account.
Edumakated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #37
Tech Adept

Go with the OS .28 I have a 5.5 carb restrictor in to try tame the thing down and it still pancakes the tires and temps coming of at 220- 235. If get that .28 and put a .9 carb restrictor, you hair on you body stand up. I have seen most of the big bulks out there and the OS .28 is sick.
ready rollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:43 AM   #38
Tech Adept

I almost forgot the engine with an 086 pipe and a L header is untouchable. You do not even have to mod that engine. You can also get the EBmod pipe if you can find any of them.
ready rollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #39
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
come on jazz. It's a spare buggy made out of spare parts. It's just for fun, if my diffs explode it's cool I will wear a face shield

I'm only playin Dreaux...but dont say you haven't been warned..maintenance, parts replacement, tire replacement, and the amount of money this little project is going to cost you in repairs is going be off the charts, and you will end up being sorry you did it. It sounds like a really fun expensive experiment, but its your money bud, spend it how you like
Old 07-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hustler777 Send a message via Yahoo to hustler777

well if your lookin for just alot of fun with no regard to parts replacement, i'd say go with an sts dm30...you may only get a gallon or 2 (if your lucky) thru one, but at @$120 a piece, you'll have fun! try locking up your center and rear diff also....it'll be a handfull!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #41
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Maximo-
Thank you..

Another question,which one do you think will be better modded JPX .21 or the Picco P9R EVO3 .21??I'm just looking for all out parking lot/top speed power in a nitro engine..Thanks again..
Timmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #42
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmo View Post
Maximo-
Thank you..

Another question,which one do you think will be better modded JPX .21 or the Picco P9R EVO3 .21??I'm just looking for all out parking lot/top speed power in a nitro engine..Thanks again..

the onroad engine will pull much harder on top end, but it will be softer on the low end...if all your doing is high speed blasts then the onroad engine would be the better choice for sure
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hey guys, on the topic of big blocks and power..

I got a picco p3-28, my question is this

do you think the engine will have enough power, in a buggy, with all four sand paddles (truck paddles, not buggy), to keep the buggy on top of water?

the power to weight ratio should be pretty good, I've seen some vids of monster trucks trying to do that, but they were much heavier with not too powerfull motors. I'm trying to recreate the iceland hill climber rigs but with the R/C

I figure since this is a powerfull engine discussion, my question is somewhat on topic

p.s. I have very well considered the insane power of say a 6s brushless, but the cost and risk factor make it a no-no for now..
spawn_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #44
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, I am new to RC Cars and am just getting my 8ight-T 2.0 put together. However... I have been into RC Helicopters for quite a while. So, my obvious question would then be given the topic of discussion, what about using one of my Heli engines in a car? Something like my new RedLine 53 or even my OS 90? This may just be an outrageous question but, if your not worried about the cost of blowing parts or you can make some custom ones that could possibly handle the size/power of the motor... is it possible??? Could you make one MEAN MACHINE this way????
Old 07-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #45
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
the onroad engine will pull much harder on top end, but it will be softer on the low end...if all your doing is high speed blasts then the onroad engine would be the better choice for sure

Maximo-
Based on your judgement,which onroad nitro engine .21's do you think will peak out the most regardless of price beside the P9R?I'm just looking for some options.Thank you..

Last edited by Timmo; 07-09-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Timmo is offline   Reply With Quote