Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Some revo and t-maxx help for a noob like me =P >

Some revo and t-maxx help for a noob like me =P

Some revo and t-maxx help for a noob like me =P

Old 07-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Well, nough said audie. Mainly, im guna break it in,, bit in the parking lot as much as i can. And riding through the grass, MAX! No jumping in the dirt and mud/ water. Probobly a bit hops landing on soft woodchips at the park. Thats about it man. Too much money for me to b doing alot of that messn around. But ofc, its all meant for fun.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Initiate

any more ideas out their?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RcRacer12
any more ideas out their?
If your getting the revo 3.3, run a heavier shock oil, get a hump pack for it. You will run all day without your truck dying. The AAs' do not last very long.

Tyler
Old 07-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Initiate

i have no idea what that stuff is Tyler.

ive been doing alot of research, but still no clue what like a Nimh battery is, and that stuff.

explaining it would be cool.

When i go to the hobby shop next week.

what ELSE do i need to buy besides the RTR Revo 3.3.

how many batteries, and stuff you woudl recomend to buy.

thankx, tyler
Old 07-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

The battery he is talking about is the Receiver battery. It's a battery pack instead of having to replace the AA's in the truck. Your hobby shop will have them in stock, ask them about the receiver pack.

Get the 5308 version of the revo. It's got a few upgrades on it from the factory (17mm wheel hexes, Single Steering Servo, 150cc fuel tank, good air filter, etc.)

Yes, clean your air filter element after your break in, and after every hour. You only have to clean and oil the outer element every hour, and you can do the main filter every 3 or so, depending on where you drive.

I would get about 5 extra glow plugs, and maybe a spur gear or two. I bash mine pretty heavy, and I haven't broken anything yet.

I would go ahead and get a Glow ignitor too. The EZ Start system heats the plug, but the blue wire is easily damaged, so I would go ahead and get that.

I would invest in a decent set of tools, a 4 way glow plug wrench, and a nice set of hex drivers at minimum.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

As for batteries for the remote, go to Home Depot, and buy their 36 pack.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Initiate

oohhh i see. thanks man.

That just sounds kid of complicated.

what i dont understand is....

*1.how do i oil the Main filter? (just making sure).

2* whats a glow plug? post a pic plzx?

and 3, I would be driving through the grass, absolutely no dirt. Maybe 15% of the time in dirt, but no big bashing. Just around the pavement and grass at the park. Nothing big.

Thank you, boomgagem
Old 07-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Initiate

btw, im guna have to stick with the easy start, MOST LIKELY, i hate pull start, i feel like taking that peace of yard and ripping it off

i had a previous nitrco rc, hated the pull.

and i doubt ill need a glow plug if i stay with EZ start?
Old 07-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

plz put a motorsaver 3stage airfilter on it. it will pick you up a little and its one filter you dont contantly clean. its got an outer casing unlike the losi filters and buggy filters in general. i would also buy a radio. spectrum if possible. if you dont want to spend to much money buy a futaba 3pm with fast system that way you dont have to worry about interfernce. i run a dx3s and i love it. if you ever go bash with some friends you dont have to worry about channels. it just you and your truck. btw +1 on that reciever pack. that pack will give you more volts to you servos and just make the truck that much better.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Initiate

bigblockt-maxx i really appreciate the reply, but i have no idea what those things are u told me to get.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bigblockt-maxx
plz put a motorsaver 3stage airfilter on it. it will pick you up a little and its one filter you dont contantly clean. its got an outer casing unlike the losi filters and buggy filters in general. i would also buy a radio. spectrum if possible. if you dont want to spend to much money buy a futaba 3pm with fast system that way you dont have to worry about interfernce. i run a dx3s and i love it. if you ever go bash with some friends you dont have to worry about channels. it just you and your truck. btw +1 on that reciever pack. that pack will give you more volts to you servos and just make the truck that much better.
hmmm, the reciever pack, any idea how long it can last ? 3 hrs? i got no clue
Old 07-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Initiate

btw, do i need a glow plug ignitor if i use ez start? because im planning on sticking to the EZ.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

you seem rather confused about some of this stuff

http://www.rchobbies.org/cars_what-to-buy.htm

http://www.rc-cars-hobby.com/nitro-rc-cars.html
Old 07-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RcRacer12
btw, do i need a glow plug ignitor if i use ez start? because im planning on sticking to the EZ.
you won't need one right away but you will be replacing the blue wire every 2 weeks sooo...it would be smarter to just get a glow ignitor and avoid the stress
Old 07-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Domo3
you won't need one right away but you will be replacing the blue wire every 2 weeks sooo...it would be smarter to just get a glow ignitor and avoid the stress
kk. so all i need to do is plug in the ingnitor, and the ez start . start it up with the ez start, put a bit of gas just to keep it runnin, and take out the glow ignitor and, then i just have fun?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.