R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-07-2009, 05:28 AM   #31
Tech Elite

hahahahahahahaha - after reading this thread - this is pretty darn funny.

First of all SOKAR welcome to 1/8 scale. I dont think that anyone one this forum will say this is a cheap hobby. Some where one here you said that you did not take it off jumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokar View Post
I'm not over heating, and I plan on getting a starter box if I don't sell the car. I've said that numerous times.

Whether I follow advice is my decision. I have followed nearly all the advice the people on this forum have given me. I believed either a buggy or a truggy would be OK for me. Keep in mind that I never jump my car off ramps or crash it into things. I mostly drive around or race my friends. Like many people have said, I know my situation better than you do, and I would be perfectly happy with the Hyper 8 if it was as durable as everyone said it was.

Maybe I'm still a bit new to RC, but I didn't know I would be expected to not become angry when a brand new $400 machine is reduced to a fancy paperweight out in the field.
Sorry but I dont think buggies just dont break driving them on a flat surface. I have seen buggies and truggies going full tilt down a 50ft straight to a jump that is 48 feet long and the fromt lip is 7ft up - the buggy case the landing sending it flipping for another 30-40ft. Land on its wheels and keep on trucking.

It sounds like to me you have an RTR and RTRs are not the best thing out there. You will need to replace the engine and servos soon

Pull starts suck. I would get a new engine with a starter box. But again this is 1/8 scale.

Oh by the way NEVER listen to a LHS. I think that 95% of the guys on this fourm have had issues with LHS just tring to sell us crap. Do your homework and go there knowing what you want and dont let them change your mind and they dont have it or will not order it for you, there is always good trusted fast shipping, cheaper that most LHS - AMAINHOBBIES.com
Old 07-07-2009, 10:01 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)
Send a message via AIM to megasaxon Send a message via Yahoo to megasaxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
hahahahahahahaha - after reading this thread - this is pretty darn funny.

First of all SOKAR welcome to 1/8 scale. I dont think that anyone one this forum will say this is a cheap hobby. Some where one here you said that you did not take it off jumps

Sorry but I dont think buggies just dont break driving them on a flat surface. I have seen buggies and truggies going full tilt down a 50ft straight to a jump that is 48 feet long and the fromt lip is 7ft up - the buggy case the landing sending it flipping for another 30-40ft. Land on its wheels and keep on trucking.

It sounds like to me you have an RTR and RTRs are not the best thing out there. You will need to replace the engine and servos soon

Pull starts suck. I would get a new engine with a starter box. But again this is 1/8 scale.

Oh by the way NEVER listen to a LHS. I think that 95% of the guys on this fourm have had issues with LHS just tring to sell us crap. Do your homework and go there knowing what you want and dont let them change your mind and they dont have it or will not order it for you, there is always good trusted fast shipping, cheaper that most LHS - AMAINHOBBIES.com
Most def. I am lucky enough to have a hobby shop that carries LOADS of stuff, and if they don't have it, they will get it for me. AMAIN and TOWERHOBBIES can get you hooked up with whatever you need for a reasonable price if you LHS can't
Old 07-07-2009, 11:34 AM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to zJatoRad

Upgrade to the Hyper 8.5 PRO engine mounts...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OFNA-HYPER-8...3286.m20.l1116
Old 07-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree with your lhs recommending the hyper 8 cause its a good buggy, far better then your skill level I'm sure. Ill be the bad guy in saying you need to stop wining . Rtr's usually have durability issues at first and you will find out what you need to upgrade through experiance. I kinda feel bad for the car in this situation lol
dandrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrat View Post
I agree with your lhs recommending the hyper 8 cause its a good buggy, far better then your skill level I'm sure. Ill be the bad guy in saying you need to stop wining . Rtr's usually have durability issues at first and you will find out what you need to upgrade through experiance. I kinda feel bad for the car in this situation lol
hahahahahahaha
Frisco huh
you shop at Fransican Hobbys on Ocean?

Is Burt still there? Ask him about them? Tell him GJ ask........... See the truth

Hyper 8 - hahahahahahaha -no way -
Old 07-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #36
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
hahahahahahaha
Frisco huh
you shop at Fransican Hobbys on Ocean?

Is Burt still there? Ask him about them? Tell him GJ ask........... See the truth

Hyper 8 - hahahahahahaha -no way -
didnt know about that hobby shop, maybe i will check it out.
as for the hyper 8 , it may not be new or cutting edge but that doesnt mean its not a good buggy. there are people who still swear by the h8.5 . in truth most of us would only be alittle bit slower with a last gen buggy then we are now.
dandrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #37
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_blaze14 View Post
i never understood bashing with rc cars, up and down the street full speed, driving on grass and melting the cluch shoes to the clutchbell, wearing out tires in 2 tanks, engines running at 350+ degrees, parts ripping off the chassis of the car as you hit the base of a stop sign at 30mph, runaways bashing into fenses. maybe thats why they call it bashing. sorry, just not a fan.
i LOL'd at this ....nice j_blaze

I have to say after going through this thread and being in this hobby (and not just with cars - as Ive done boats and planes) Ive also been on both sides of the counter in the hobby world....Nitro R/C does take a bit of patience ...not to say your not mechanically inclined or dont know what your doing.

Like some others have said ...give it a chance...Typically nitro r/c anything will have more maintence than electric as Im sure you have found in your expirences...the Hyper 8 as I understand it is more of a race bread machine - you could bash with it, have fun with it, just keep in mind it has been bread for more specific type of r/c racing vs backyard bashing. In any event there is maintence involved in general with R/C and nitro R/C adds about 3x the work - Ive read your threads on the specifc issues youve had, sounds like some of it is routine maintence....then again Ive also heard OFNA stands for Oh F... Not Again

Its not what you buy....its what you build...
daygoVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #38
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

the R/C in nitro r/c stands for reaching for the credit card
cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #39
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cary View Post
the R/C in nitro r/c stands for reaching for the credit card
Hahaha that would be R/CC
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCRat Send a message via Skype™ to RCRat

Yeah, I stand..corrected, sir! This hobby costs $$ no matter Elec. or Nitro...Either way I am discovering (since this is my first Nitro Vehicle..) that nitro is way more FUN!!! IMHO
RCRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Well i normally dont respond to threads like this one but this one got to me, a freind of mine dicribed this hobby to someone like this:

This is an expencive hobby no matter what you do either it be planes, cars, trains, boats, etc... hobby grade rc's are not plug and play by no means, they ALL take upkeep and mantance AND repairs.... If you dont want to spend money or take the time to learn the hobby the right way like we all have, then pick a hobby like sitting on the couch watching foot ball, tennis, or watching nascar. Dont just get on here complaning why a car keeps breaking or it cost to much, learn the hobby and enjoy it like the 1000's of us do daily... ok im done ranting.....lol I'll shut up now.......

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #42
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Would somebody please please just let this guy out. He wants to go like 3 pages ago. Lets let him go.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #43
Tech Master

I tried that already.last page ,dont know how to be any more blunt. Last page post 24 !
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Is all the "stop bitching and deal with it" going on in this thread really necessary? I came on this forum asking for some simple advice. I can't be the first person who has been a little frustrated with this hobby, and I fail to understand the hostility.

To the people who gave thoughtful responses, thank you. I've decided to just buy a starter box and stick with it. Hopefully I can get the kinks worked out fairly soon. Good day to you all.
sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #45
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokar View Post
Is all the "stop bitching and deal with it" going on in this thread really necessary? I came on this forum asking for some simple advice. I can't be the first person who has been a little frustrated with this hobby, and I fail to understand the hostility.

To the people who gave thoughtful responses, thank you. I've decided to just buy a starter box and stick with it. Hopefully I can get the kinks worked out fairly soon. Good day to you all.
Garfield, its a little frustrating for some people to come onto a thread titled "I want Out" and not give you some crap. This is a hobby that most of us on this thread, eat sleep and breathe, and when someone who just started tells us this hobby sucks, they are too frustrated, they want to quit, they got a shitty buggy, etc, etc..Next time you have problems try a different title to your thread. If you are sincere about wanted to learn and getting help, people will know. If you just bash the hobby, you will get mostly bashing in return. just some food for thought. peace, JAZ