R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #16
Tech Regular
 
davidg01234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
LOL. Different color = different stiffness of a spring. If you want the most possible sanp, run all aluminum shoes with heavy springs. It will snap hard, but wear out faster. For bashing all aluminum would be fine. Us racers like to be able to control wheel spin, and tune our clutches for different conditions.
ya i stopped racing because theres WAAY to much things to watch out for, Diff fluid, clutches, shock oil, ride height, etc.
davidg01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #17
Tech Regular
 
davidg01234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 385
Default

[QUOTE=Jaz240;6032613]The black are the stiffest springs, which will hold the shoes in place longer, and then when they open they will lock up your clutch bell[/QUO

will doing that wear out my clutch bell fast or just the shoes
davidg01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #18
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=davidg01234;6032659]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
The black are the stiffest springs, which will hold the shoes in place longer, and then when they open they will lock up your clutch bell[/QUO

will doing that wear out my clutch bell fast or just the shoes
faster, but not fast. I would think the shoes will be good for 1 1/2-2 gallons. I cant comment on your bell as I have no clue what it is. You do know all about clutch shoe maintenance right??
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #19
Tech Regular
 
davidg01234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 385
Default

[QUOTE=Jaz240;6032670]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidg01234 View Post

faster, but not fast. I would think the shoes will be good for 1 1/2-2 gallons. I cant comment on your bell as I have no clue what it is. You do know all about clutch shoe maintenance right??

i dont know a thing about clutch shoes thats why im asking all these questions
davidg01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #20
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

You need to take off the bell and de-burr the shoes, meaning you will grind off all the aluminum that has flattened and melted.
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #21
Tech Regular
 
davidg01234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
You need to take off the bell and de-burr the shoes, meaning you will grind off all the aluminum that has flattened and melted.
is that just with the aluminum because right now i have the stock carbon ones on it and what does de-burr mean
davidg01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #22
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidg01234 View Post
is that just with the aluminum because right now i have the stock carbon ones on it and what does de-burr mean
Take a dremmel with sanding drum or a file to remove all of the excess aluminim that forms on the outside of the shoes. This only applies to aluminum shoes as carbon shoes don't do this.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #23
Tech Elite
 
mblgjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: AL
Posts: 2,175
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Sounds kinda like you might want to consider just running the Ofna 10010 and 10100 springs/shoes.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...oducts_id=8664

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...oducts_id=8591

They won't hit hard, but they last virtually forever under normal conditions.

But, if you want something more aggressive go with any of the aluminums.

I've heard good things about the Answer shoes as well, but in my truggy I'm getting awesome life out of the red Jammin' shoes as well.
__________________
Team Associated Reedy JConcepts.net FusionX USA
mblgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #24
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidg01234 View Post
is that just with the aluminum because right now i have the stock carbon ones on it and what does de-burr mean
with carbon you need to sand off the glaze that forms inside your clutch bell, so one way or another your sanding something
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #25
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidg01234 View Post
ya i stopped racing because theres WAAY to much things to watch out for, Diff fluid, clutches, shock oil, ride height, etc.
OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rolling my eyes
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:54 AM   #26
Tech Elite
 
DOMIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Posts: 4,034
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidg01234 View Post
ya i stopped racing because theres WAAY to much things to watch out for, Diff fluid, clutches, shock oil, ride height, etc.
That's like saying "I stopped dating because there are way too many things to watch out for... golddiggers, STDs, players..." ROFL
__________________
Brad "DOMIT" Smith - I'm not fast, but at least I wreck a lot.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #27
Tech Regular
 
davidg01234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
That's like saying "I stopped dating because there are way too many things to watch out for... golddiggers, STDs, players..." ROFL
no thats way different racing just isint for me i just like to race around on the track between races
davidg01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #28
Tech Regular
 
davidg01234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
with carbon you need to sand off the glaze that forms inside your clutch bell, so one way or another your sanding something
well when i take my clutch bell off i just wipe the inside with paper towel and the black stuff comes off, theres nothing to sand
davidg01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #29
Tech Regular
 
davidg01234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rolling my eyes
are you agreeing or disagreeing
davidg01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #30
Tech Regular
 
davidg01234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
Sounds kinda like you might want to consider just running the Ofna 10010 and 10100 springs/shoes.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...oducts_id=8664

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...oducts_id=8591

They won't hit hard, but they last virtually forever under normal conditions.

But, if you want something more aggressive go with any of the aluminums.

I've heard good things about the Answer shoes as well, but in my truggy I'm getting awesome life out of the red Jammin' shoes as well.
no i want to try the aluminum out first to see how i like it
davidg01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XRAY XB8/XT8 THREAD 20 SMOKE Nitro Off-Road 404 04-23-2014 05:32 PM
Losi 8ight building and setup JBRacing Nitro Off-Road 8691 06-27-2011 08:43 AM
Leaving Nitro MTX-4 MTX4, Motors, Pipes, Starter Box, Break in Stand, Tire Lot Bigbarn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 34 07-25-2008 11:16 AM
2008 MOTONICA Grand Prix Las Vegas Silver Bowl Raceway richey Nitro On-Road 227 04-20-2008 08:04 AM
***The Ultimate Jammin' Package*** AZRCaddict R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 24 02-15-2008 08:35 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:41 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net