R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
Default revo 3.3 is cutting out at low speed

Ok, so I did the whole tuning process starting with the richening/leaning of high speed, did the whole 2-3 second cutoff test, and reset the idle to factory and it seems perfect, overall the performance of the revo is amazing as long as I don't pull the accelerator at half or so speed for more than about 10 seconds constant, my brother has had a jato 3.3 for about 6 months and he can't figure it out either, on a side note the reverse doesn't engage ever for the whole week I've had it, and the car works like a dream as long as I pulse floor the car every time I drive it. I see smoke coming out of the tailpipe as well when I drive. I haven't had any problems with idle cutting out and when I pick the car up off the ground the tires don't spin
dabomb824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
Tech Initiate
 
darkvolf100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 30
Send a message via AIM to darkvolf100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabomb824 View Post
Ok, so I did the whole tuning process starting with the richening/leaning of high speed, did the whole 2-3 second cutoff test, and reset the idle to factory and it seems perfect, overall the performance of the revo is amazing as long as I don't pull the accelerator at half or so speed for more than about 10 seconds constant, my brother has had a jato 3.3 for about 6 months and he can't figure it out either, on a side note the reverse doesn't engage ever for the whole week I've had it, and the car works like a dream as long as I pulse floor the car every time I drive it. I see smoke coming out of the tailpipe as well when I drive. I haven't had any problems with idle cutting out and when I pick the car up off the ground the tires don't spin
did you mess with the mid range screw at all?
darkvolf100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
Default

yeah, i did the mid range when i did the 2-3 second engine pinch test, that was the low speed i was talking about
dabomb824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabomb824 View Post
yeah, i did the mid range when i did the 2-3 second engine pinch test, that was the low speed i was talking about
NEVER TOUCH THE MID NEEDLE

NEVER
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
NEVER TOUCH THE MID NEEDLE

NEVER
You have no idea what you are talking about, the video and manual that come with the revo 3.3 both tell you to adjust the low speed
dabomb824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabomb824 View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about, the video and manual that come with the revo 3.3 both tell you to adjust the low speed
hahahahahahaha dude your driving a REVO w/ reverse

there is a LSN, MSN and HSN - Im not sure on a TRAXXAS but on MOST GOOD race engines there is a Middle range needle.



And I only said this becasue your said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabomb824 View Post
yeah, i did the mid range when i did the 2-3 second engine pinch test, that was the low speed i was talking about

Which is totally different than LOW

I was just trying to help............................. now go back to your little DVD or instruction book.
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
Tech Addict
 
Rampokker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
Posts: 613
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
hahahahahahaha dude your driving a REVO w/ reverse

there is a LSN, MSN and HSN - Im not sure on a TRAXXAS but on MOST GOOD race engines there is a Middle range needle.



And I only said this becasue your said:




Which is totally different than LOW

I was just trying to help............................. now go back to your little DVD or instruction book.
Traxxas engines don't have a MSN. They only have HSN, LSN and idle.
__________________
XRAY XB8 - Keep Off 21-4
XRAY XT9 - Elite 8 Off
XRAY XB4 - Tekin RS Pro / Fantom 6.5
Rampokker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #8
Tech Elite
 
Gearhead racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere in PA
Posts: 2,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampokker View Post
Traxxas engines don't have a MSN. They only have HSN, LSN and idle.
__________________
"Seeing the world on 2 wheels"
Losi Ten-T SCTE~Tekin SC4X 4.5~ Tekin RX8
Gearhead racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:51 AM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead racer View Post
cool, that I was not sure on....... But he is say he did the mid range
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric 1/8th Scale conversion kits. DJ1978 Electric Off-Road 19923 06-12-2017 05:16 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:54 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net