Community
Wiki Posts
Search

caster grenade mk2

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

HEY!! I thought I owned the only Clockworks GO 7 port.
Yes Brian, Neil has had his hands on a GO engine. It's
not the normal race mod though. It's what I like to call
one of his "insane" mods. I am also still running the PTM
5 port, 7 port and .25 (turbo now) GO engines. All my
PTM motors are still running strong and are easy on fuel.
The Clockworks GO 7 port has sent a stock Toro home
to find it's balls two weekends in a row. He!He!
Both of you guys do great engine work and are good
people to deal with.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Twister
lol word, someone pm me how this whole TT thing work's. Thanks
pm sent dude
Old 09-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maximo
I have worked on these engines, I am telling you the caster is not any different by appearance then a standard Go 5 port......They might have adjusted the timing to Caster's Specs, but the visual appearance of the internals it is 100% identical...... FYI timing adjustments make a hell of alot more performance difference then flow mods on a sleeve.... regardless the external modding on the sleeve is standard Go production.... I am going to get some pictures posted and hopefully this will be settled !
they are identical in timing , like i said the diff is the crank , its a gen 4 with some material taken out of the bore .. thats it

here are the mapped port timings of the gen 4 5 port go engine and the caster mk 2 side by side

Go tech 5 Port Aug-06 16.26 16.8 29.5 3.8 3.49 13.5 179 16.4 136 17 126 43 19.2 141 7.8 52 193

MK2 CG 5 P Sept-08 16.26 16.8 29.5 3.8 3.49 13.5 179 16.4 136 17 126 43 19.2 141 7.8 52 193

EYE DENT TICKLE !!!

Cheers MM
Old 09-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

as of today........
Old 09-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Smokin? maximo is Neal...Neal is Clockwork..Just FYI

He tells it like it is, even if its not what people want to hear..he is capable of modding any engine, but keep in mind there are a few engines that dont need modding..Neal is going to make us a team mod with an engine that has not yet been determined..we were going to use the grenade but since its about to be an entirely new engine we will see. I think Neal has it narrowed down to 3 or 4 choices..His favorite is the jammin .21..I have seen one of his race mods on this engine and it actually outpowered the guy who was driving it..The actual engine choice and the Team Terribles Mod has not yet been determined but hang tight it will be posted on our site soon enough. Neal ( Maximo ) has the Teams best interest at heart, and he will not offer a modded engine to 300 of us until its perfect
Old 09-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Smokin? maximo is Neal...Neal is Clockwork..Just FYI

He tells it like it is, even if its not what people want to hear..he is capable of modding any engine, but keep in mind there are a few engines that dont need modding..Neal is going to make us a team mod with an engine that has not yet been determined..we were going to use the grenade but since its about to be an entirely new engine we will see. I think Neal has it narrowed down to 3 or 4 choices..His favorite is the jammin .21..I have seen one of his race mods on this engine and it actually outpowered the guy who was driving it..The actual engine choice and the Team Terribles Mod has not yet been determined but hang tight it will be posted on our site soon enough. Neal ( Maximo ) has the Teams best interest at heart, and he will not offer a modded engine to 300 of us until its perfect
Hey James me and Neal have got together he is taking my brand new grenade to new hights he is going to race mod it and I will have a side by side comparison of them both running on sidewinder fuel don't fear I only use the gallon of sidewinder for break in becaus I have added oil to it so it's around 13 to 14%
Old 09-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Tech Champion

My new pipe set up is a go 0801 header with an ofna 086 pipe should give mebgreat top awesome mid and perfect bottom wi be testing as soon as I get my alain order in to get the new carb boot and head screws
Old 09-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokinu
Hey James me and Neal have got together he is taking my brand new grenade to new hights he is going to race mod it and I will have a side by side comparison of them both running on sidewinder fuel don't fear I only use the gallon of sidewinder for break in becaus I have added oil to it so it's around 13 to 14%
Awesome news, Let us know how that turns out
Old 09-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

The Caster Grenade in it's stock form is a very good motor.I have raced two of them for almost a year now.No failures at all.No leaks and I'm still on the original connecting rods and bearings.These motors run strong and will yank a V spec on the straits.I cannot imagine anyone wanting more power in a race engine.When I was told Mario designed this engine I knew it wasn't true because it was too affordable.I think he designed the one that this is a copy of...I could care less.These engines work for me.I am a mid pack pro on a very tight budget.This is an affordable truely race worthy motor.As far as budget priced motors go I think it's the very best.They're a little more tune sensative but once you learn the carb your good to go. Everyone thinks mine is modded.It just screams.I hope they don't change it.I like it just the way it is.When these two are worn out (soon) I'll buy a couple more.I am not sponsored by these guys either.I just know a good deal when I see one.....No engine in this price range is better than the Caster Grenade...Period.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pete 26
The Caster Grenade in it's stock form is a very good motor.I have raced two of them for almost a year now.No failures at all.No leaks and I'm still on the original connecting rods and bearings.These motors run strong and will yank a V spec on the straits.I cannot imagine anyone wanting more power in a race engine.When I was told Mario designed this engine I knew it wasn't true because it was too affordable.I think he designed the one that this is a copy of...I could care less.These engines work for me.I am a mid pack pro on a very tight budget.This is an affordable truely race worthy motor.As far as budget priced motors go I think it's the very best.They're a little more tune sensative but once you learn the carb your good to go. Everyone thinks mine is modded.It just screams.I hope they don't change it.I like it just the way it is.When these two are worn out (soon) I'll buy a couple more.I am not sponsored by these guys either.I just know a good deal when I see one.....No engine in this price range is better than the Caster Grenade...Period.
dont get me wrong my stock grenade is AWESOME! but i want to get more run time out of it 13 mins is not ENOUGH! power if it comes with the economy so be it!
i had both of mine in a brick of an mbx5r and she pulled losi 2.0s with v specs down the straight then again i was running a 14t clutch bell

and james as soon as i get my a main order ill get some testing in and some vids
Old 09-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

here is some info for ya!

running my d8 today i went ahead and ran three major brands of fuel i have always ran

First up was a tank to tune od to the grenade tuned it perfect to 230 on the dot

refilled it and started the stop watch and started racing around my back yard track

she died 6.5 mins in.

Next up was morgan fuels aka sidewinder

tuned it for the first tank got her perfect again 230 on the dot!

filled the tank up and started racing around again

she made it 8.45 mins

last two tanks were torco

got her tuned in perfect again 230 (only had to lean the low end needle two hours)

and full tank off i went she died at 12.55

and the engine temps at the end of the run were 235 for oddonnel 237 for sidewinder and 224 for torco!

i can go leaner on the engine up to 265 and be happy with 13 mins a tank!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

I get realistically about 8 to 8.5 minutes out of mine with a 9mm restrictor and a 086 pipe.I use Coldfusion fuel.I could get better milage but I am very heavy on the throttle and I race against world champions that get about the same milage with their 600 dollar motors.If you take time to properly break these engines in with a heat gun and at least a gallon of fuel they will run long and hard.......
Old 09-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokinu
here is some info for ya!

running my d8 today i went ahead and ran three major brands of fuel i have always ran

First up was a tank to tune od to the grenade tuned it perfect to 230 on the dot

refilled it and started the stop watch and started racing around my back yard track

she died 6.5 mins in.

Next up was morgan fuels aka sidewinder

tuned it for the first tank got her perfect again 230 on the dot!

filled the tank up and started racing around again

she made it 8.45 mins

last two tanks were torco

got her tuned in perfect again 230 (only had to lean the low end needle two hours)

and full tank off i went she died at 12.55

and the engine temps at the end of the run were 235 for oddonnel 237 for sidewinder and 224 for torco!

i can go leaner on the engine up to 265 and be happy with 13 mins a tank!
never tune a motor to temperatures, ask all the people that hate gen2. tune to performance with good smoke through the whole tank. one day it will be 220, the next it will be 260. temp guns are only to verify that the motor is too hot without guessing.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
never tune a motor to temperatures, ask all the people that hate gen2. tune to performance with good smoke through the whole tank. one day it will be 220, the next it will be 260. temp guns are only to verify that the motor is too hot without guessing.
thats what i did
but i also know how to tune a motor and can get almost a perfect tune by ear.