Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cheesecake
mines currently on ebay

no time for nitro but its a great engine
Not no more
Old 07-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by moparsrule
These motors are not a re-badged Go 5 port, the piston, sleeve and crank are completely different then the Go's as well as the bearings.
Maybe what your comparing it to is not a gen 4.This is all covered in the Go Tech thread.I thought it was different too.Massive mods says its the same.He knows more than I do about Go Techs.
This motor is awesome.Pulls hard all the way through the powerband.Best budget priced .21 in my opinion.Competitive with any engine out there.I race my Grenades hard and they run reliably and consistantly even in Floridas constantly changing weather.Great engines.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Thats correct the Grenade is factory ported and the piston material is different from the GO versions.
Very impressive motor and runs great with the Grenade pipe or 086.
Very underated !!!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes he does say that it is a re-badged Go 5 port which it is not, to the best of my knowledge Go has never used bearings made in italy which is what's stamped on the grenades front bearing. I have compared the grenade sleeve with a Go 5 port sleeve fresh off the boat and there are not the same in any way shape or form. The motor is very under rated at the moment but that will change once everyone sees that it can hang with any of those $400 motors out there.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Mine don't have to make any excuses.I race with some very fast factory pros.My stock Grenade w/086 pipe is as fast or faster than most of the modded motors I race against.I think it's more reliable than all of them.It screams!!!All the motor I need.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pete's Grenade is FAST!!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Initiate

What size bearings does the grenade take I was thinking about ordering some but I cant find any info on them ?????
Old 07-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Yes he does say that it is a re-badged Go 5 port which it is not, to the best of my knowledge Go has never used bearings made in italy which is what's stamped on the grenades front bearing. I have compared the grenade sleeve with a Go 5 port sleeve fresh off the boat and there are not the same in any way shape or form. The motor is very under rated at the moment but that will change once everyone sees that it can hang with any of those $400 motors out there.
The caster grenade is a Gen 4 Go 5 port. the bearings are the same as the Go range of engines. The SKF front bearing ( which go have been using since 2007 ) is the same as the go engine bearing. and as far as Mario Rossi designing the engine the last time i spoke to him he had no idea the engine even existed.

here is a thread with the sleeve and crank pics

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?i...a%3DG%26um%3D1

you will notice the sleeve is identical to the 5 port and the crank is a Gen 4 .

The difference is the gen 4 crank and the orange heat sink VS the gen 5 Go engine.

Hope this helps any of the confusion.

Cheers MM

Last edited by MassiveMods; 07-06-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks MM.Really like this engine.What performance and milage gains can be expected from your modded version?Price? How about a pic of one of your modded sleeves and crank for this engine?
Old 07-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Running in on my 8th tank. Seems fine.
I started running it harder on the 5th tank.
It seems to be fond of rich settings, to make it run properly and not to nag (like if its lean) I had to richen it on both HSN and LSN.
Temp is fine, and I expect it to be a little higher than normal due to pinch. I'll continue to run it on the rich side, but harder and harder.
It is still a bit boring, cause I'm letting it cool down completely between each tank. Then preheat and continue.
Break in was comfy, but it needs preheating!

All in all, seems nice! Running it with a Dynamite 086.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

As far as I understood it, he designed it, but maybe in the translation, there was a mistake? I find it hard to believe that in conversation all across the world to several different people, that this was done.

Maybe everyone doesn't know it, but Caster is sold outside of the U.S. more than in the U.S. as of the numbers this year, but we are starting to gain momentum and I can proudly say that even in this recession, we are growing...

Maybe they followed a design of his instead of him physically designing it. I fiind it hard to believe that to be the case, but I am throwing the theory out there. I personally do not believe it, but that is the only way it could be.

Either way, I would imagine that GO might start using some of the technology and should be proud that they have built such a phenominal engine, especiallly for the price.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

I still think this is a great mill for the buck!
Runs definetly best with the O.S. 2060 pipe - or the losi alternative.
The 086 makes it screeeam on top, but nothing on bottom
Old 09-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by pete 26
The design is based off the p5x NR.These are not modded.It's a gen 4 Gotech 5 port with a different head.Go with the 086 pipe.I run this motor and pipe in an MBX6T.Stupid power and good run times.An orange headed holeshot machine.Everybody thinks mine is modded since I started using the 086.LUV IT
Actually the ENGINE IS MODDED!
Grenade left stock go right

Originally Posted by cheesecake
mines currently on ebay

no time for nitro but its a great engine
i own this motor now with over 5 gallons and it still gets stuck a tdc.

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
I have a good racing buddy that has one and he likes it, for the most part. It has an insane amount of pinch!!! He has a gallon through his already, and it still sticks ALOT at tdc! It also runs quite a bit hotter than most engines at this time. It runs good, just has to be set more rich than he would like to help keep the temps down, and that really cuts into runtime quite a bit.

I'll see where it's at after a few more gallons before I make my decision about it.

Brad
mine runs around 265 all day long and 13 min run time and she still gets stuck at tdc if shes cold

These motors are not a re-badged Go 5 port, the piston, sleeve and crank are completely different then the Go's as well as the bearings.
they kinda are

Originally Posted by pitstang
Not no more
i bought cheese's motor from you lol!

Originally Posted by casevac
I still think this is a great mill for the buck!
Runs definetly best with the O.S. 2060 pipe - or the losi alternative.
The 086 makes it screeeam on top, but nothing on bottom
no better pipe for it then a go engines 0801 Great bottom perfect top

bearing sizes in the motor is a 25.0 rear and a 19 front.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokinu
Actually the ENGINE IS MODDED!
Grenade left stock go right

i own this motor now with over 5 gallons and it still gets stuck a tdc.

mine runs around 265 all day long and 13 min run time and she still gets stuck at tdc if shes cold

they kinda are

i bought cheese's motor from you lol!

no better pipe for it then a go engines 0801 Great bottom perfect top

bearing sizes in the motor is a 25.0 rear and a 19 front.

Sorry to say, but your pic is comparing a STS .21 to a Go 5 port( Caster).......ask on these forums for pics of a stock 5 port sleeve, you will see what we are saying.....
Old 09-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Sorry to say, but your pic is comparing a STS .21 to a Go 5 port( Caster).......ask on these forums for pics of a stock 5 port sleeve, you will see what we are saying.....
yes i know that sir, but the sts engine looks identical to a go non gen 4 go tech 5 port.
i was just saying the sleeve is modded and massive mods sells the mod piston sleeve for this engine for 130 bucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.