Community
Wiki Posts
Search

superchargers? on nitro

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

There is a valve. It's called the crankshaft. Works just like a rotary valve motor.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the superchargers dont really work for these engines, you cant force air into this engines and expect it to work. sorry
Old 07-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by pinky2252s
the superchargers dont really work for these engines, you cant force air into this engines and expect it to work. sorry
well you can force air into anywhere its just a matter of transfering it to where you need it and the pressurized air goes into the crankcase before the combustion chamber which is where it needs to go.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

The "supercharger" will destroy your motor. Do not buy one.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Alan D.
The "supercharger" will destroy your motor. Do not buy one.
what you dont understand is that the supercharger is alot more versatile and tuneable than you think the reason people melt motors is because they dont worry about the driven pulley that spins the turbine. too fast of a turbine=too much boost=MELTDOWN. Too slow of a turbine=not enoughair/fuel=too rich or too lean.

Superchargers and setting them up to work the way they're supposed is all about ratios.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

The problem is that you can only mount the band to a specially made fly wheel. The flywheel is a fixed diameter so that a starter box will work.

The reason that superchargers work on real cars is because you can program the fuel injection system to pump more fuel into the motor when the air is being forced in.

It's the nature of the beast. Once glow engines have fuel injection and fuel pumps then it will work.

It would be interesting if there could be a supercharger made that is mounted after the carb. That one will probably work.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

I just figured out how you could adjust ratios
The current line of superchargers won't work even if the ratio was set correctly.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Initiate

I just figured out how you could adjust ratios
The current line of superchargers won't work even if the ratio was set correctly.
ok first of all where did fuel injection come into play with supercharger what happened to i know im going to say it but a supercharger with carbuerators on it. if you look at paxton and vortech superchargers they push THROUGH the carbuerator. not the other way around. i didnt drag race for 4 years to not know what to do to a supercharger to make it work on ANY engine two stroke or not. yeah sometimes you get lucky and you can bolt one on and go but nine times out of ten theres tuning involved just like an engine on first tune up, and it goes beyond just turning idle screws in the carbuerators.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You don't need fuel injection. Carbs have been used with superchargers for a hundred years. If you try to run a lot of boost, the carb can't be richened enough to get the right tune and it leans out. You would probably need to find a HSN from a much bigger motor to get enough fuel into it.

I do agree that having the supercharger between the carb and the motor would work better.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Initiate

these engines belive it or not are exactly like detroit diesel engines only they run nitro. and detroits are turbocharged and supercharged.

detroit is a motor company that makes tractor trailer engines.

the concept is EXactly the same only smaller and less cylinders. OH and did i mention nitro
Old 07-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wingracer
You don't need fuel injection. Carbs have been used with superchargers for a hundred years. If you try to run a lot of boost, the carb can't be richened enough to get the right tune and it leans out. You would probably need to find a HSN from a much bigger motor to get enough fuel into it.

I do agree that having the supercharger between the carb and the motor would work better.
THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY haha
Old 07-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Just try it out. Because the superchargers that are sold now won't work on toy cars. Nobody makes different size pulleys to change the boost level. The fuel can't keep up with the air being forced in. The time and money spent would out weigh the benefits.
I would rather get my engine modded to gain performance and run time in the exact way that I wanted.

That is the major downfall of superchargers. If it was able to work on toy cars it would decrease millage too much for racers to care about how much power increased.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wingracer

Like you said the whole problem is the fuel keeping up with the air. More air + more fuel= more power.

How would you get more fuel into the motor with out something to shove more fuel in.

Real cars have fuel pumps are cars use air from the exhaust to push fuel in. As the fuel level drops the pressure in the tank drops causing the motor to run leaner.

If we could come up with something to create more fuel pressure I think it would work.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Just try it out. Because the superchargers that are sold now won't work on toy cars. Nobody makes different size pulleys to change the boost level. The fuel can't keep up with the air being forced in. The time and money spent would out weigh the benefits.
I would rather get my engine modded to gain performance and run time in the exact way that I wanted.

That is the major downfall of superchargers. If it was able to work on toy cars it would decrease millage too much for racers to care about how much power increased.
im not racing this car your not allowed to use forced induction but in the spirit of a racer you do what ever it is possible to achieve peak horsepower and performance of a motor yeah maybe they dont make different charger pulleys BUT what says you cant turn one down on a lathe or make one on your own. I built my first V-8 Race engine by the time i was 13 and when it comes to designing racing parts i know the tasks at hand. stop being stubborn and telling me it WON'T work when its already been done. WHY WOULD THEY BE ON THE MARKET IF THEY DIDN'T WORK. personally i applaud RB innovations they did a hell a job even if you think they WON'T work.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Have been able to get superchargers for 2strokes for ever. They are called tuned pipes. Do some reading on tuned pipe theory.

Forced induction superchargers dont work well on nitro engines because the timing is controlled by the piston and placement of ports. The exhaust and inlet overlap, so any more volume than what fills the cylinder will just blow out the exhaust.

Detroit diesels whilst twostroke have valves .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.