Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LITTLE HELP !!!! with my losi 8ight 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default LITTLE HELP !!!! with my losi 8ight 2.0

hi all im from australia and i recentley bought a losi 8ight 2.0 and im having a bit of a problem, it took off today by itself and had a bit of a rough time before stopping and now it wont roll freely its like having a car in 2nd gear and trying to push it , like the engine wants to try and kick over when i try to push it. when i start it on the starter box i cant get the wheels to stop spinning and when i apply the brake or put the car on the ground to use it the car stahls.

im only new to the rc seen and its got me a little stumped what it could be only thing i could put it down to that irts stuck in gear but the car doesnt have gears ????

any help would be very greatful thankyou
Old 07-05-2009, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

your clutch is stuck, take out engine and have a look at it
Old 07-05-2009, 05:03 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

where is Aus are you from?

it will definatly be your clutch. you may have broken a clutch spring or had one of the locating pins come loose and drag on the bell
Old 07-05-2009, 05:17 AM
Tech Adept

im from lismore nsw. how do i go about fixing/having a look i dont know much about these things yet. do you have msn add me if you do you could talk me through it [email protected]
Old 07-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

do i have to pull the engine out to look ?
Old 07-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Go into the manual and look through the engine installation section. Follow the procedured there in reverse. Pull the engine out, remove the screw holding the clutch bell on and inspect the inside of the clutch for signs of wear or failure. It could even be something so simple as a blown clutch bearing. Or it could be a borken or damaged spring or a worn shoe. I would check both bearings for smoothness before you do anything else. Hope that helps some. Shoot me a PM if you need anything else!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Your clutch shoes may be mashed to your clutch bell. Check for wear and file em down until they are uniform. The losi clutch is very easy to work with. Be careful not to strip that first hex screw that holds the bell in place.

If the tires are automaticlly wanting to turn when you turn it over then its the clutch. If not you may want to check thay you dont have your throttle servo switched. If it is then reverse it.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

what do u mean by switched the throttle servo ?? ive only put 3 tanks through it
Old 07-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Make sure your clutchbell is freely spin when you tighten the clutchbell on the engine shaft.........
Old 07-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shaun0_18
what do u mean by switched the throttle servo ?? ive only put 3 tanks through it
On your radio you can reverse the throttle servo. When you do this it opens the carb to nearly a wide open setting which when you fire up your buggy it screams right away like you are holding down the throttle on the radio.

you can accidently change this setting on your radio. You would know that your settings are wrong by pulling of the air filter boot that connects to the carb. Look inside the carb with the car and radio turned on but don't try to start it. If the slide is wide open and you can see the pin then chances are your servo was reversed and you have to set it by chaning the direction on your radio.

Try this before habd though. Leave everything off no electronics needed for this. Put the buggy on the starter box and try to turn it over. If the wheels move its your clutch. Before you do that try to turn the flywheel with your hand. If its stuck and dosent move freely its your clutch.

I'm no pro but I went through exactly what you are going through and it was the clutch. There uis only a few parts on the clutch so it has to be the shoes are mushroomed, bearings, springs or the clutch nut is loose. Or you could have vapor locked the engine causing it to lock up.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Dude its your clutch and YES you will need to take it apart. Not to be rude, but this is a 1/8 scale buggy. you need to get use to working on it. Get some good tools and the instruction manuel and go to work. but you will always need to replace those bearings in your clutch so this is something you will just have to get use to.
Dont know about the radio thing, I have never accidently switched or reversed my throttle. its the clutch!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

even if i did accidentley bump it into reverse , wouldnt the car still roll freely by itself ??? as now its like trying to push a car which is in gear ???
Old 07-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by shaun0_18
even if i did accidentley bump it into reverse , wouldnt the car still roll freely by itself ??? as now its like trying to push a car which is in gear ???
are you trying to doge taking your engine out and simply checking the clutch?

everyone has already told you to check your clutch. what else do you really wana hear?
Old 07-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Initiate

The same thing happened to my 2.0 RTR the other day, except mine didn't runaway. I pulled the engine, checked the clutch and the shoes had mushroomed a bit too much and were stuck in the open position, locking the clutch bell to the flywheel. I filed the edges down like someone mentioned previously and all was fine. The shoes were close to gone anyways, but i got a few more tanks out of em.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

no im not dodging that i have to take it out i am going to. what i am trying to clarify there is that even if i did accidentley change it to reverse is that the car would still roll freely wouldnt it ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.