Wiki Posts
Search

CASTER RACING GRENADE MK2 TUNED PIPE

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default CASTER RACING GRENADE MK2 TUNED PIPE

Hi All,

Could someone give some feedback on this pipe? How they compare to the other brands RE: Powerband, fuel economy.

Thanks for you help.

Kim Jong-il
Old 07-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ran the pipe but did not really try and compare it but I did see some differences. For me it was a good pipe. What I felt from the pipe compared to when I ran a GO O801 and JP3 was that it makes the powerband really wide and linear. You do not have the bottom end snap really badly and do not have the abrupt change from mid range to top end. It is just a very smooth pipe from bottom to top. Biggest thing I noticed is the pipe is QUIET, I mean REALLY QUIET compared to others.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
I ran the pipe but did not really try and compare it but I did see some differences. For me it was a good pipe. What I felt from the pipe compared to when I ran a GO O801 and JP3 was that it makes the powerband really wide and linear. You do not have the bottom end snap really badly and do not have the abrupt change from mid range to top end. It is just a very smooth pipe from bottom to top. Biggest thing I noticed is the pipe is QUIET, I mean REALLY QUIET compared to others.
Thanks for your feedback, Vnmsgt. Did you like it better than the GO 0801 pipe? Did you find the caster pipe to be stronger?.

Kim Jong-il
Old 07-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesussaves
Thanks for your feedback, Vnmsgt. Did you like it better than the GO 0801 pipe? Did you find the caster pipe to be stronger?.

Kim Jong-il
Well, ummmmm... they are pretty close but depends on motor. I got different results on different motors so here is a description of what I came up with. I have to say this though. I ran my Grenade pipe with my grenade motor and the 0801 performed better bottom end to midrange. The Grenade pipe had better top end. Now I also ran the Grenade pipe with my GO .21 7-port and it had awesome bottom end but lacked a little on top like it was restrictive or something. On longer tracks the 0801 was better, shorter tracks the grenade was better. I also ran both with the GO .21 3-port I have and the Grenade pipe was about the same as the 0801 and both screamed really well and is what I ran at the wiregrass with that huge straight. Now when you are talking about which one is stronger material wise, then the Caster is made better.

BTW I have 2 Grenade pipes for sale. $25 each plus shipping or both $50 including shipping.