Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Fuel, Anything to stay away from?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Some of you people really need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I did not bash Torco in my initial post. However I did say that they are new and had an issue, which apparently has since been corrected. I asked Jaz not to shoot from the hip on what fuel is good and bad. Why mention Sidewinder's issue and not mention Torco's capping problem. If there was not fear of an issue than my local Torco rep would not check every gallon he sells.

Then Stephen went on to explain how Blue Thunder and Sidewinder are not good, and that Blue Thunder cannot take Arizona heat. I guess no one ever raced in Arizona before Torco existed. Jeesh, you people need to put down the crack pipe, read, think, and then provide an appropriate response.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

+1000 for the Torco. It runs great from hot to cold air temps and holds a tune like no other very consistent from one bottle to the next!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

no problems with O'donnell, give it a try you should like it, I do!!
Old 07-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adim_X
Some of you people really need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I did not bash Torco in my initial post. However I did say that they are new and had an issue, which apparently has since been corrected. I asked Jaz not to shoot from the hip on what fuel is good and bad. Why mention Sidewinder's issue and not mention Torco's capping problem. If there was not fear of an issue than my local Torco rep would not check every gallon he sells.

Then Stephen went on to explain how Blue Thunder and Sidewinder are not good, and that Blue Thunder cannot take Arizona heat. I guess no one ever raced in Arizona before Torco existed. Jeesh, you people need to put down the crack pipe, read, think, and then provide an appropriate response.
i agree with you, you seem to have a valid point, i run sw at the moment and have had 1 bad gallon but that was given to me.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Its good everyone,
we all have our own fuels we run, cars we drive and opinions...
no biggie just wanted to let the originator of the thread torco and its drivers will gladly help him out either way tomorrow..And I didnt say that blue thunder was bad, I said he wouldnt be happy with it in the summer here, sidewinder is great and in my opinion byrons is great..I have seen 9 of the most popular fuels broken down and tested, thanks to another company and in my opinion some are better than others, but its just my opinion.

Its non sense to bash each other on here, this is supposed to be a place to go and have fun and learn. If you felt I was saying blue thunder was bad then I am sorry to you, I just think after seeing lab results its a better bashing fuel in my opinion. But eveyone will always run what they like and they feel like they have a good tune on

Steven Davis
(480) 242-6326
www.torco.com
Old 07-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

To answer your question, i wouldn't use Traxxas fuel, it a OK fuel , harder to tune with and there are better fuels out there. Now I'm believer in Cold Fusion, prefect running, smooth idling and good temps. I'm getting about 9-12 minutes of run time with it. Great customer service and the owners are awesome guys to talk to and they have great fuel reps!!!

Cold Fusion

Tyler
Old 07-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

In most part nitro part of the fuel comes from mostly the same source. The main different is what is added in after that. But the biggest issue and problems come from handling of fuel.

I ran Blue Thunder for the longest time but it tends to gum up more from the castor oil in the fuel. I've had Byrons, O'donnell not any better than Sidewinder fuel currently I'm using Sidewinder. These 3 use mostly syn oil package less gumming problem in the engine.

Stay way from high oil %, metal cans, fuel that sit in front row next to the window at the hobby store (direct sun light).
Old 07-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use Traxxas, but as soon as I get around to get my engine running again (need a 8mm socket to replace the glowplug), I'm giving the 1/4 gallon I have left to my friend, and switching to O'Donnell.

Traxxas isn't bad if you are bashing, but it does seem to give me weird tuing issues, causing me to completely re-tune every once in a while.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by howtowakeakar
I use Traxxas, but as soon as I get around to get my engine running again (need a 8mm socket to replace the glowplug), I'm giving the 1/4 gallon I have left to my friend, and switching to O'Donnell.

Traxxas isn't bad if you are bashing, but it does seem to give me weird tuing issues, causing me to completely re-tune every once in a while.
Same here! I have 3/4 of a gallon of 33% i will never use so ill find someone to give it to.

Tyler
Old 07-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Initiate

i say use Sidewinder! or O donnell. Thats the good stuff
Old 07-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Adim X, The problems with sidewinder having a bad batch of fuel has been well documented across the entire county. many people are staying away from it until the bad fuel is all gone. that's why I advised to stay away from it for now. I never said it was bad fuel. as far as Torco, I am sorry but 1 guy who was a total flake had a problem with it, and to my knowledge he was the only one, and we are still not sure if it was his fault or the fuel, but My experiences with it here in AZ and all my friends and fellow racers who are also running it know it is an awesome fuel. ( I dont need to get into details, this is not the Torco thread) the gentleman who asked for opinions already claimed to be using Torco, so I advised he stick with it. My personal experiences with Blue thunder were terrible. ( I wont get into that either) and from my own first hand knowledge of the Blue Thunder I didn't care for it. I found it to be inconsistent, and it was not good with drastic weather changes. I try really hard to give my opinions on personal knowledge and also things I know to be true, whether it was due to personal experiences or very trusted sources. My apologies if you feel I "bashed" your favorite fuel. That was not my intention. My intention was to give the most honest opinion to a fellow racer who asked for it.

Last edited by Jaz240; 07-04-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I think different brand fuels is like the difference between shell and chevron, It all boils down to personal preference. Any fuel can have a bad batch there are many factors. I have recently seen torco experience this and look at all the guys that love the stuff. I dont think there is anything wrong with torco sometimes things happen. I think the most important thing is to find a blend that you like and stick with it. Myself I have noticed a big difference running cold fusion fuel Magic 30%. I would have to admit I am biased as a team driver; nevertheless, the stats dont lie. Stick with objective information and you cant go wrong. If there is one thing I have observed in RC is that everyone has an opinion some right some not but you know what they say about opinions...
Old 07-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Funny how no one mentions nitrotane. I have almost 10 gallons on my beater plus 4 and I run the living crap out of it. The best choice for fuel would be the one that you can get from your LHS and that does not sit for ever. There are plenty of great name brand fuels available. Most of the time its tuneing or the inability to do so properly that gives fuels a bad name.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

"Bad batch sidewinder" <-- what effect did it had? Hard tuning? Rusting internals? I'm asking this because I notice in my last gallon, my engine internals has some rust in it. I was wondering why it did that.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Someone mentioned no metal cans. Why? It sheilds the fuel from sunlight. I would think that would be important.

That said, I've been running Powermaster since discovering nitro stuff. No problems two gallons in, but I can't compare it to anything else.

For reference, the last time I bought nitro fuel it came in a colorful can with Cox printed on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.