Wiki Posts
Search

Starting problem for a FT GT2

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default Starting problem for a FT GT2

I have a FT GT2 & a Ofna startbox. The flywheel does not seem to come close enough to engage the start wheel. The wheel just bogs down on the chassis opening. The wheel looks to wide for the slot. I should say that the .12 motor is not the stock associated motor, but the motor mounts are the asso. FT. It looks like I would have plenty of room to switch to the larger pull start flywheel. Has any one experienced this problem?? I'm not racing much, so the occasional stone bumping the flywheel doesn't bother me. Any input appreciated.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Too wide or wheel diameter is too big so it hits either end of the slot in the chassis? Never heard of one being too wide, but have seen people dremel just a little out of the ends of the hole in chassis. You need to take the engine out of the car to get it set right on the bump box. Get everything centered so the wheel goes as far into the hole as possible, then set your pegs. If it still won't work, you may have to trim a little chassis.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Yep, You're right. I pulled the motor & I was just off a bit. Thanks!