R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-01-2009, 03:17 AM   #46
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

No breakage on tuesday night. However my TX & RX kept losing connection (3PK 2.4ghz). Finally figured out it was the damn Lipo and regulator. Went back to Nimh no more problems. Drove the new RC8B tonight nice ride!!!

P.S. theres not an X-ray at my track or in my area. Everyone runs AE, Losi and mugen. I race at one of the best tracks in the country (The Farm II) Just makes me go hmmmmm. Might get one just so I can be the odd ball.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:18 AM   #47
Tech Regular

Default did you clean them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marccaracer View Post
Blew out one front outside wheel bearing on my Losi 2.0 truggy. Three gallons is all the stock one lasted.
Three gallons is pretty good for a set of wheel bearings. Did you clean them after every weekend?
****RUSH****
elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:24 AM   #48
Tech Regular

Default Rise RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliptal View Post
I burnt up a set of clutch shoes using a questionable clutch bell which required a complete clutch replacement between quals.

Where were you racing at elkman?
My son and I are racing out at Rise Raceway at Pat's acres in Canby off of Arndt road.. Shawn has set up what is becoming a pretty nice track. There has been a lot of drama surrounding this track but I am not involved in that. I just love to race. Where do you run at?
****RUSH****
elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:27 AM   #49
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
LOL, your sig doesn't mention XRAY anywhere
I forgot, I had to change it when they made that dumb 5 line limit for your sig.
The Xrays I have are, 3 M18s, M18t pro, T2, T2 '008, NT1 '009. The M18 were for mindoor racing until our track closed, T2s are for parking lot racing and the NT1 is for 301.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:29 AM   #50
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
No breakage on tuesday night. However my TX & RX kept losing connection (3PK 2.4ghz). Finally figured out it was the damn Lipo and regulator. Went back to Nimh no more problems. Drove the new RC8B tonight nice ride!!!

P.S. theres not an X-ray at my track or in my area. Everyone runs AE, Losi and mugen. I race at one of the best tracks in the country (The Farm II) Just makes me go hmmmmm. Might get one just so I can be the odd ball.
Hahaha, Xrays are great onroad cars and I would think their offroad line should be about the same. Not that many know about Xray suprisingly.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:32 AM   #51
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Never touched the front bearings. Replaced the rears with the modded hubs after a gallon. I do keep my stuff clean but wanted to see just how long they would last on the front. Am now replacing all bearings everywhere on the truck. Just had to test it.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:02 AM   #52
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr48 View Post
Jeez. You just had to show me up huh? Did you at least have a spectacular crash? Since the OP asked I felt inclined to vent a little but I'm surprised to see another old Kyosho injured so bad. You're bent frame caught my eye. Are the newer buggy frames any stronger BTW? I think that is what's frustrating me SO bad. I didn't have a huge crash or any I can relate to the bent chassis. No other suspension or bumper damage. I did'nt even know whatever few spills I had did something to me. I was running too lean in a couple of turns and came in. Was still 1/4 tank? but filled the tank up and lost fuel out the bottom everywhere. Broken tank mounting tab. Replace the tank and the bump start won't reach. Chassis is bent from the CB back at least 15 degrees up. And it was new chassis this season Kyosho mp-6.
There is a mark on the chassis where the front lip of the CB touched the chassis. How is that even possible?
Hope you can find some 777 parts. If I have money next year this has got to be the last MP-6 season. The chassis is discontiuned! Good thing there is ebay. I found a roller last year or I'd proabaly be on to a new car by now. Come on good paying job in 2010!
I was actually just working on the tune of the engine running up and down my street and the connection of the receiver battery came lose...buggy went wide open, no stearing and hit head on into the front tire of my car. just bent the front part of the chassis up about 10 degrees and I was able to straighten in out. As for the other parts when I bought the buggy used it had a ton of extra parts so I'm good and it seems to be running again....untill next time...that is part of the fun of this sport.
jlharing99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:05 AM   #53
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkman View Post
My son and I are racing out at Rise Raceway at Pat's acres in Canby off of Arndt road.. Shawn has set up what is becoming a pretty nice track. There has been a lot of drama surrounding this track but I am not involved in that. I just love to race. Where do you run at?
2brothers!

I've been out to Rise, the first race I believe, unfortunately they run on Sundays and I normally have to work.
Gliptal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:25 AM   #54
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i didnt do so well, i run a losi 8ight t 2.0 rtr and lets just say it wasnt to good. i hit the triple an while i was in the air my telemetry went off, [overheat], i didnt care cause i was rich out of my mind. anyways while i was still in the air i looked at my transmitter. and it went all downhill from there. by the time i looked back at my truck in mid air it was at a full 180. i had no choice but to finish the backflip or it would of landed on its lid. so what do i do, i hit the brakes, and what does the truck do it lands on its butt,[the wing]. anyways i broke the shock caps, diffcase, chassis brace, bent the shock shafts. and even bent the shock tower so after i broke and considering my local hobbyshop had to order parts, i tried to tune it a little. gues what happend. my carb stuck closed internally. then when i finally got it closed, you couldent open it again. i still had fun turnmarshaling though
Oops my bad, you were in my line..
You just got passed.. IN THE AIR!!
Brad.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #55
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockt-maxx View Post
i didnt do so well, i run a losi 8ight t 2.0 rtr and lets just say it wasnt to good. i hit the triple an while i was in the air my telemetry went off, [overheat], i didnt care cause i was rich out of my mind. anyways while i was still in the air i looked at my transmitter. and it went all downhill from there. by the time i looked back at my truck in mid air it was at a full 180. i had no choice but to finish the backflip or it would of landed on its lid. so what do i do, i hit the brakes, and what does the truck do it lands on its butt,[the wing]. anyways i broke the shock caps, diffcase, chassis brace, bent the shock shafts. and even bent the shock tower so after i broke and considering my local hobbyshop had to order parts, i tried to tune it a little. gues what happend. my carb stuck closed internally. then when i finally got it closed, you couldent open it again. i still had fun turnmarshaling though
I have heard the stuck carb problem somewhere else around here. I am thinking it's probably the linkage binding the way they have it setup for the RTR. Hopefully it's not the carbs themselves that are the issue. Either way I would call horizon up about it if you can't figure it out yourself. If it is the carb I'm sure they would send ya a new one free of charge. as for your other problems, well replacement parts are in order. I would reccomend upgrading to the roller shock caps, shock towers and shock shafts while you are at it.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #56
Tech Master

i called them and there sending me a brand new motor, i know whats wrong with it but i dont want to void any warantys on the truck or mtor. so when they send me the new motor i will have a backup
Old 07-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #57
Tech Adept

A pull start and a steering knuckle. -_-
sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #58
Tech Master

pullstart what were you running
Old 07-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #59
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Servo and a wallet...
PinoyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:02 AM   #60
Tech Fanatic

Right rear shock shaft on my sons losi 2.0 buggy. it's been a great buggy so far...

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote