R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #16
Tech Regular
 
slumlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 455
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikzilla View Post
That might not be till next week. Which is a problem since I have a ton of fuel inside the engine that's unburned. Last time I started the engine (when it was WAY too high idle) the muffler was spitting out liquid fuel/oil.
Is there anything I can do myself?
Nope.
__________________
Jay Stuart #66
slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 76
Default

well... crap!

Are you sure? Really sure? Really Really Really sure?

I haven't even broke in the engine yet!
Nikzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 76
Default

bump
Nikzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #19
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Unscrew the glow plug and dump out the fuel, also dump out your fuel tank, drop some after run oil into the hole you pulled the plug out of, turn the engine over a few times to spread the oil..put the glow plug back in, put the air filter back on...and wait till next week when you can get help..if you try to do anything other than that your self you will probably ruin your engine..so your choices are to wait a week, or buy a new engine...you can decide that on your own
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #20
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Unscrew the glow plug and dump out the fuel, also dump out your fuel tank, drop some after run oil into the hole you pulled the plug out of, turn the engine over a few times to spread the oil..put the glow plug back in, put the air filter back on...and wait till next week when you can get help..if you try to do anything other than that your self you will probably ruin your engine..so your choices are to wait a week, or buy a new engine...you can decide that on your own
thx will do that
Nikzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 76
Default

How much wud it actually cost me if I take it to a professional? Because if it does cost something then I would rather do it myself.
Nikzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #22
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Go to the track Nick, ask someone there for help. I doubt they will charge you..If you take it to a hobby shop they will charge you
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #23
Tech Master
 
Fabulous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: WI.
Posts: 1,137
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Most likely you have a bur on your throttle slide caused by your idle set screw. This has happen to me in the past. To fix the problem take off you carb, unscrew your idle set screw out all the way and carefully pull the throttle slide out. De-bur the slide with some ultra fine sand paper or emmory cloth and get the bur off the slide. Place back into the carb. It should slide smoothly, if not repeat steps until it's smooth. Once smooth put all back together and you will have to reset your idle screw. Do Not tighten screw to much you will bur the slide again. Or just replace your carb with new.
__________________
22 4.0 - Mod
22 3.5 - Stock
22-4 2.0 - 13.5
8ight E 4.0
Fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 76
Default

Cool thx guys!

You really helped!
Nikzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #25
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 76
Default

ok,
so I took out the carb out and then the throttle but the throttle was fine and smooth. so I put it back in and it slides perfectly unless I over tighten the idle screw again. When I switch the electronics on, at idle the gap is about 3mm out of the 9mm opening, when I apply break it's about 1mm. I'm not sure what is right but I cant screw the screw any more because then the throttle is sticky and hard to move.
Nikzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #26
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Close the gap with the collor on the end of the throttle linkage.
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #27
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Close the gap with the collor on the end of the throttle linkage.
erm what?
Nikzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #28
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

It a simple fix, but really hard to explain but I'll try.

The plastic thingy that is attached to the servo has a metal rod that conects to the carb..ok so far so good. After the plastic thingy but before the carb on the rod there should be a spring..Behind the spring, or on the other side of the plastic thing there is a round metal thing that looks like a collor. inside this somewhere visible is a little screw called a set screw. Find the right allen key that fits into the set screw and turn the screw to loosen it. You can then push the rod closed so your idle gap is where it should be, and then tighten up the set screw again..But...I still think you should go find help!!
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #29
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
It a simple fix, but really hard to explain but I'll try.

The plastic thingy that is attached to the servo has a metal rod that conects to the carb..ok so far so good. After the plastic thingy but before the carb on the rod there should be a spring..Behind the spring, or on the other side of the plastic thing there is a round metal thing that looks like a collor. inside this somewhere visible is a little screw called a set screw. Find the right allen key that fits into the set screw and turn the screw to loosen it. You can then push the rod closed so your idle gap is where it should be, and then tighten up the set screw again..But...I still think you should go find help!!
I see a collar on the end of the metal rod (the servo end) that has an alien hole in it and that's it. Is that it?
Nikzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #30
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

yes inside the alien hole, is a small screw, you need to insert an allen key into the screw and loosen it, then you can move the rod more to close the idle gap
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Novarossi engines thread EVOLUTION Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 5360 08-14-2017 11:48 PM
SAVAGE - SS, .25, .21 Official Thread! Horatio Monster Trucks 11167 05-15-2017 08:40 PM
Losi 8ight building and setup JBRacing Nitro Off-Road 8691 06-27-2011 08:43 AM
Hello and good morning from Scotland / buyers guide would be smashing crisdean Nitro Off-Road 13 06-03-2009 01:24 PM
Newbie here...HELP olkuy Monster Trucks 10 10-19-2005 06:57 PM
An interesting Refueling question... TurnNBurn Nitro On-Road 19 10-29-2003 08:08 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:05 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net