R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BlackSS

It can't be a clutch problem. The engine is turning over just fine. It just won't fire up. It's not an ignitor problem, checked and rechecked. I never had the sleve out, just the backplate and head off and carb out. This problem is the whole reason I took it apart.
BlackSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

sounds like the piston/sleeve is worn out. If you can turn it over with your fingers with the glowplug in and the engine cold then it's toast.

rayaracing.com will repinch for $22

That's your best bet if the bearings are good, get a rod they're like $15 from nitrohouse.com and call it a day.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #18
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well it has to be the engine!! I may just be a dud. You checked ignitor, plug,etc. Take the plug out and put it on the ignitor make sure it lights up. Take the airfilter off. Look down in the carb. Did you flood the carb? if so take the plug out, turn your car upside down and clear it out with your rotostarter. Also check your exhaust pipe make sure it isn't clogged. Start it up without the filter. If that dont work buy another engine!!
Old 06-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BlackSS

I've done all the things mentioned above so I guess it's time for a new engine. At the end before it stalled the last time it wad running so good and tons of power even being rich. Oh well lol This motor was a dud from day one. My friend and I both bought Ravagers the same day and he didn't know anything at all about r/c at all, or anything mechanical. Mine never wanted to run and I'm a mechanic lol

So what should I get for a engine? I think my LHS has Axial .28, Axial .32 and a Force .32 and maybe more, not sure. I'd just get the Force .32 if I knew it had more power and might actually last more then 3/4 gallon of fuel. I just bash. I'd rather have one that will pretty much bolt in. Would these bolt in?
BlackSS is offline   Reply With Quote