R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Will there be a New Kyosho Truggy

Hi guys im really interested in getting a new st-rr and before i put down the money on it i want to be sure that kyosho isnt coming out with a new truggy in like a month or 2 so im just curious what you guys think about it.

Also if i where to get one what are some initial things i should buy for the truck to help it, or mods that will help handling or durrability thanks.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

In a word, no. Many of the latest generation truggies are based on the RR because of its performance, so there's no design on the table to replace it. It works.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
Tech Adept

i mean obviously im not as good as tebo so i know the truck can be pushed to that level so i mean i most deffinetly know the truck can handle im just curious.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
In a word, no. Many of the latest generation truggies are based on the RR because of its performance, so there's no design on the table to replace it. It works.
none that we know of. seeing how its based on an old design I wouldn't be surprised if there is talk of a new truggy in the not to distant future to excite the market but we can only speculate ether way. an update would make sense.
dandrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default credit crunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrat View Post
none that we know of. seeing how its based on an old design I wouldn't be surprised if there is talk of a new truggy in the not to distant future to excite the market but we can only speculate ether way. an update would make sense.
i doubt it as well. sales of mp9 slummed to a point they produced a cheaper version.cant believe they will spend on a new truggy and try to promote it. most they will do is like xray , produce some hop up parts on its truggy. like as usual big bore shocks
muaythai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muaythai View Post
i doubt it as well. sales of mp9 slummed to a point they produced a cheaper version.cant believe they will spend on a new truggy and try to promote it. most they will do is like xray , produce some hop up parts on its truggy. like as usual big bore shocks
the rr comes with bb shock already... its a killer performing truck still. I can see them at least updating it at the least...........lightened drivetrain and stuff
Old 06-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
Tech Master

Quote:

You are right about some truggies being based of the strr some what....but the new truggies,losi,jammin,mugen ,sh etc: are not they are a different style of platform

When the factory kyosho drivers can`t compete anymore and its do to the design of the truggy thats when we will see a new k trug but as for now theres no since in putting out a new truggy when the current model is doing just fine
Old 06-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I can see Kyosho doing what they usually do and release an updated MP9ish version of the STRR. Knowing Kyosho they will call it the STRR-9 and tack on another hundred bucks keeping it the most expensive truck on the market right in line with their other cars. The STRR is a very good truck but it is outdated compared to the Losi and Mugen
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

That's absolute nonsense. It's one of the most competitive trucks on the market and capable of beating any truck, period. It's OK to be a fan of your truck - it's a good one, but there's no foundation for your comments about this truck.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
That's absolute nonsense. It's one of the most competitive trucks on the market and capable of beating any truck, period. It's OK to be a fan of your truck - it's a good one, but there's no foundation for your comments about this truck.
Then why did the 777 change to the MP9. The STRR is basically comparable to the 777 buggy, but Kyosho found it necessary to update to the MP9 to keep up with the ever changing technology that is present in the buggy market. It just makes sense that the STRR would undergo an update. And besides Kyosho is famous for releasing a new buggy with just a few updates to get everyone hyped up to buy a new buggy (look at the 777 and the 777WC) Its just what Kyosho does the proof is in the history of what has happened previously. Thats where the foundation is.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #11
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Then why did the 777 change to the MP9. The STRR is basically comparable to the 777 buggy, but Kyosho found it necessary to update to the MP9 to keep up with the ever changing technology that is present in the buggy market. It just makes sense that the STRR would undergo an update. And besides Kyosho is famous for releasing a new buggy with just a few updates to get everyone hyped up to buy a new buggy (look at the 777 and the 777WC) Its just what Kyosho does the proof is in the history of what has happened previously. Thats where the foundation is.
The foundation of what they have done is that it's been upgraded 777sp1,sp2,wc then came the mp9,st-r went to st-rr same for onroad I drove for kyosho the past 5 years & have not had to buy a new kit just upgrade it which is way cheaper as for a new st-rr who knows but I would agree once it can't compete with the other manufactures then a new truggy will come out but for now I just think they will make small improvements
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote