R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 117
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Will there be a New Kyosho Truggy

Hi guys im really interested in getting a new st-rr and before i put down the money on it i want to be sure that kyosho isnt coming out with a new truggy in like a month or 2 so im just curious what you guys think about it.

Also if i where to get one what are some initial things i should buy for the truck to help it, or mods that will help handling or durrability thanks.
__________________
[Serpent America|Novarossi|Desoto Racing|Ridgeway Bodies]
crazy 8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
SteveP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 918
Default

In a word, no. Many of the latest generation truggies are based on the RR because of its performance, so there's no design on the table to replace it. It works.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 117
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

i mean obviously im not as good as tebo so i know the truck can be pushed to that level so i mean i most deffinetly know the truck can handle im just curious.
__________________
[Serpent America|Novarossi|Desoto Racing|Ridgeway Bodies]
crazy 8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
dandrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San francisco, ca
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
In a word, no. Many of the latest generation truggies are based on the RR because of its performance, so there's no design on the table to replace it. It works.
none that we know of. seeing how its based on an old design I wouldn't be surprised if there is talk of a new truggy in the not to distant future to excite the market but we can only speculate ether way. an update would make sense.
dandrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 604
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default credit crunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrat View Post
none that we know of. seeing how its based on an old design I wouldn't be surprised if there is talk of a new truggy in the not to distant future to excite the market but we can only speculate ether way. an update would make sense.
i doubt it as well. sales of mp9 slummed to a point they produced a cheaper version.cant believe they will spend on a new truggy and try to promote it. most they will do is like xray , produce some hop up parts on its truggy. like as usual big bore shocks
muaythai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Aloha state
Posts: 3,039
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muaythai View Post
i doubt it as well. sales of mp9 slummed to a point they produced a cheaper version.cant believe they will spend on a new truggy and try to promote it. most they will do is like xray , produce some hop up parts on its truggy. like as usual big bore shocks
the rr comes with bb shock already... its a killer performing truck still. I can see them at least updating it at the least...........lightened drivetrain and stuff
__________________
----Answer RC-USA----Stickit1 Racing----PT Racing Hawaii----808-RC----702 Raceway-----Dialed RC-----
Neesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
Tech Master
 
rossoh10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bakersfield Ca
Posts: 1,091
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
In a word, no. Many of the latest generation truggies are based on the RR because of its performance, so there's no design on the table to replace it. It works.

You are right about some truggies being based of the strr some what....but the new truggies,losi,jammin,mugen ,sh etc: are not they are a different style of platform


When the factory kyosho drivers can`t compete anymore and its do to the design of the truggy thats when we will see a new k trug but as for now theres no since in putting out a new truggy when the current model is doing just fine
__________________
TEAM WTF
RC10B5m
rossoh10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

I can see Kyosho doing what they usually do and release an updated MP9ish version of the STRR. Knowing Kyosho they will call it the STRR-9 and tack on another hundred bucks keeping it the most expensive truck on the market right in line with their other cars. The STRR is a very good truck but it is outdated compared to the Losi and Mugen
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic
 
SteveP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 918
Default

That's absolute nonsense. It's one of the most competitive trucks on the market and capable of beating any truck, period. It's OK to be a fan of your truck - it's a good one, but there's no foundation for your comments about this truck.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
That's absolute nonsense. It's one of the most competitive trucks on the market and capable of beating any truck, period. It's OK to be a fan of your truck - it's a good one, but there's no foundation for your comments about this truck.
Then why did the 777 change to the MP9. The STRR is basically comparable to the 777 buggy, but Kyosho found it necessary to update to the MP9 to keep up with the ever changing technology that is present in the buggy market. It just makes sense that the STRR would undergo an update. And besides Kyosho is famous for releasing a new buggy with just a few updates to get everyone hyped up to buy a new buggy (look at the 777 and the 777WC) Its just what Kyosho does the proof is in the history of what has happened previously. Thats where the foundation is.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #11
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,090
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Then why did the 777 change to the MP9. The STRR is basically comparable to the 777 buggy, but Kyosho found it necessary to update to the MP9 to keep up with the ever changing technology that is present in the buggy market. It just makes sense that the STRR would undergo an update. And besides Kyosho is famous for releasing a new buggy with just a few updates to get everyone hyped up to buy a new buggy (look at the 777 and the 777WC) Its just what Kyosho does the proof is in the history of what has happened previously. Thats where the foundation is.
The foundation of what they have done is that it's been upgraded 777sp1,sp2,wc then came the mp9,st-r went to st-rr same for onroad I drove for kyosho the past 5 years & have not had to buy a new kit just upgrade it which is way cheaper as for a new st-rr who knows but I would agree once it can't compete with the other manufactures then a new truggy will come out but for now I just think they will make small improvements
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Florida Local Buy/Sell/Trade TimPotter Florida Racing 5441 08-15-2017 01:11 AM
Batam RC Kopitiam batamrc Indonesia Racing 3502 07-28-2015 12:14 AM
The Nitro Pit Dbackmasta Arizona-New Mexico Racing 18732 09-13-2012 08:27 AM
Truggy Official Thread!!! Nitro21 Monster Trucks 940 07-14-2012 03:31 PM
OCM KAOS DOMINATING zixxer Nitro Off-Road 2251 01-21-2010 07:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:15 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net