Old 07-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitroal
what will be the price on these?
send me an email for pricing
Old 07-25-2009, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnny t
are these batteries hardcased and vented like a123s? or soft like conventional lipos?
they are soft and no need for venting they are 100% safe .
Old 07-25-2009, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J_Man
is there a list somewhere of Australian dealers? just so I know which LHS to go to.
MELBOURNE RC HOBBIES
RC HOBBIES PETERSHAM SYDNEY
HOBBYTIME QLD
ALL MR TOYS STORES QLD
RYPER HOBBIES WA
PIT STOP HOBBIES BROWNS PLAINS QLD
CUSTOM MODEL CARS SYDNEY
BARMAH RC COUNTRY VIC
KELLETTS HOBBIES SYDNEY

THATS ALL THAT I CAN THINK OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD BUT THERE ARE PLENTY MORE
Old 07-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Ok I have s few questions. Do you want to drain them all the way down to "cycle" them like the Nims or do you want to not drain it all the way down? Also do these stay at high voltage a long time before the battery goes dead or are they like the nicds and nimh where they slowly loose power. Do i need to balance them? Will the extra .4v make my servos faster?

I have the orion advantage charger. Its the carbon fiber one that can charge only 2s lipos. Will it be able to charge these
Old 07-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
send me an email for pricing
email sent. hope to hear from you soon. thanks
Old 07-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

they are soft and no need for venting they are 100% safe .
so how do these cells behave when they are over charged, or over discharged? conventional cell chemistry build up internal pressures that get vented or balloon the casing. And what do these do?

Saying just "are 100% safe" is not really good enough. some clarification on the operating limits of the new technology would really help.

thanks, and still very interested in these packs.

has any Australians on the board gotten a hold of these cells and have discharge data in comparison to NiMh?
Old 07-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

cobraracing- received your email and will be placing an order with you asap.
thanks
Old 07-26-2009, 12:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanx for the reply Cobra. Do you have an idea of what distributors will be getting these in the U.S.? Thanx
Old 07-26-2009, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnny t
so how do these cells behave when they are over charged, or over discharged? conventional cell chemistry build up internal pressures that get vented or balloon the casing. And what do these do?

Saying just "are 100% safe" is not really good enough. some clarification on the operating limits of the new technology would really help.

thanks, and still very interested in these packs.

has any Australians on the board gotten a hold of these cells and have discharge data in comparison to NiMh?

Johnny t

Thank you for the question and i must say im so glad that all you Americans are so professional when asking questions and not ready to put a product down and i enjoy every moment i chat with you guys.

tech info ....
There is no low voltage cut off so that means discharging to the lowest level makes no difference

and they can be overcharge without causing damage or worst of all explosions.way better than lipos 100%
Old 07-26-2009, 04:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

the only aussie so far is Wayne Walker..and as far as I'm aware he's had no issues....I know that these battery's are creating a lot of interest at club level. and I would say they'd be the battery of choice for all new purchases.....

I would like to see a greater capacity though...but I'll take whatever is available at the present as the lack of a regulator will certainly free up much needed battery box space.....

Id like to see a few more tech specs on them too
Old 07-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Hey tommo

Haven't spoken to you in a while how are you ?

well anyway just a little info on Henergy

The H means Hirosaka which is masaki Hirosaka ,masami's father .It was for the respect of Hanson lu has for masaki hirosaka.

Now the way i see it if masaki believes in Henergy that is the real reason i got involved with henergy and took the appointment of CEO .

For the ones who dont know Masaki Hirosaka he is the father of masami the world best rc driver of all time .

so just some info for you guys about henergy and background..

tech info on lifep04

The safety characteristics inherent to LiFePo4 technology result from the incorporation of phosphates as the cathode material. Phosphates are extremely stable in overcharge or short circuit conditions and have the ability to withstand high temperatures without decomposing. When abuse does occur, phosphates are not prone to thermal runaway and will not burn. As a result, LiFePo4 technology possesses safety characteristics that are fundamentally superior to those of Lithium-ion batteries made with other cathode materials.

LiFePo4 technology does not contain any heavy metals and does not exhibit the "memory effect" of Nickel-Cadmium and Nickel-metal Hydride solutions. LiFePo4 technology demonstrates excellent shelf life, long cycle life and is maintenance free.

Another key benefit of our LiFePo4 technology is its flexibility, both in terms of battery application and cell design. It can be used in wound cylindrical, wound prismatic and polymer battery construction types and manufactured to fit smaller applications.

The advantages of traditional Lithium-ion coupled with the safety features of phosphates, make LiFePo4 technology the Lithium-ion technology for the future. Our LiFePo4 Lithium-ion technology utilizes natural, phosphate-based material and offers the greatest combination of performance, safety, cost, reliability and environmental characteristics.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello Angelo
Im well mate. and you?

I think these battery's will sell like hot cakes mate....best of luck with them..

are there any higher capacity's on the drawing board for receiver packs ?

I want one for my new MBX6
Old 07-26-2009, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

you have email about pricing thanks also can i get the demensions of the hump pack thanks
Old 07-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

dimentions are as follows

stick pack 84mm L x 24mm W x 15mm H weight 45 grams
hump pack 52mm L x 33mm W x 24mm H weight 54 grams
here are the dimensions gkn0315.

paypal sent for stick pack and charger cobraracing!

can't wait to get them!! thanks again!!
Old 07-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

ive had one of these for about a week now they are great,they are only 1350mah on the swallow just select- life -1.3 amps-6.6 volts, that is the charger i am using. i did an hour on mine today and was still going strong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.