R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #136
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I am in the market for a KOPROPO TX lipo for sure. Angelo the US guy your dealing with is he stocked up yet or no? I want a hump pack like yesteryear LOL.

JR servos Hitec servos. Gens ace lipos KO radio.
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:06 PM   #137
xb8
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I received the battery pack yesterday and its very well made. Im wondering can we charge the battery without using the balancer tab? Do i need to plug in the normal battery tab n balancer tab in order to charge the battery?
xb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #138
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
You know me to well im hard as nails .I speak the truth and im straight forward with everything .

when i say something i mean it 100%

take care tommo
Cobra, what's the findings on using 6.6v Battery on the Nomadio React Transmitter. It's been a few days now.
Jesussaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #139
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb8 View Post
I received the battery pack yesterday and its very well made. Im wondering can we charge the battery without using the balancer tab? Do i need to plug in the normal battery tab n balancer tab in order to charge the battery?
It depends what charger you are using some chargers need both the + - and the balance lead and some chargers need only the balance lead .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #140
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

can we get these in the u.s. ? If so how or who do I order from? Thanks Josh
"I know I can't drive!! You still ACT like you can!!"
JPierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:28 PM   #141
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

great receiver batteries!!! i ran mine for about 25 min. and it only took 7 min. to charge!!
nitroal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:29 AM   #142
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroal View Post
great receiver batteries!!! i ran mine for about 25 min. and it only took 7 min. to charge!!
I am glad you like them .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 08-31-2009, 09:51 PM   #143
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune
Default LiFe RX packs hit the US!

Hey guys. I've been working with Angelo and Lucy over the past year. As of today, I have a medium-sized inventory of the brick and stick LiFe RX packs. I'm located in Texas, and shipping to anywhere in the US is no problem. If you want one of these packs shoot me a PM and I'll get back with you as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Trey

If you havent seen these packs up close yet, you wont believe how small they are!

(pato... yours will be on the way shortly!)
Ruune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:26 PM   #144
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruune View Post
Hey guys. I've been working with Angelo and Lucy over the past year. As of today, I have a medium-sized inventory of the brick and stick LiFe RX packs. I'm located in Texas, and shipping to anywhere in the US is no problem. If you want one of these packs shoot me a PM and I'll get back with you as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Trey

If you havent seen these packs up close yet, you wont believe how small they are!

(pato... yours will be on the way shortly!)
small D8 and losi packs now available 51mm lenght size as o the 54mm original size.

If trey does not have them in stock as these are new please drop us a pm and we can sort it out until they are in stock in the usa .

regards Angelo
Old 09-01-2009, 02:07 AM   #145
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Angelo

sorry if this has been asked before, but do these packs need a regulator?

My thinking is that a fully charged 6.6V Life actually puts out something like 7.6V in it first few minutes... (just like a 7.4V lipo actually cranks out 8.4V in its early discharge)... which is plenty enough to toast non-regulated components, right? Just like you shouldn't run a fresh 5c nimh RX pack right off the charger straight in your car for the same reasons.

What am I missing here?

Thanks

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.

Last edited by Lonestar; 09-01-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:09 AM   #146
Tech Apprentice

are these available in Germany or elsewhere in europe?
florianlaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:23 AM   #147
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Hi Angelo

sorry if this has been asked before, but do these packs need a regulator?

My thinking is that a fully charged 6.6V Life actually puts out something like 7.6V in it first few minutes... (just like a 7.4V lipo actually cranks out 8.4V in its early discharge)... which is plenty enough to toast non-regulated components, right? Just like you shouldn't run a fresh 5c nimh RX pack right off the charger straight in your car for the same reasons.

What am I missing here?

Thanks

Paul
The pack drops to 6.6v very quickly, there is no need to run a regulator.

And there is no reason to not run a fresh 5c NiMh RX pack right off the charger, I have been doing this in both planes and cars for years.

And one more, there is not 1 reason to not run a lipo in a starter box.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:35 AM   #148
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam-E View Post
The pack drops to 6.6v very quickly, there is no need to run a regulator.

And there is no reason to not run a fresh 5c NiMh RX pack right off the charger, I have been doing this in both planes and cars for years.

And one more, there is not 1 reason to not run a lipo in a starter box.
thanks for pitching in, but I was really asking Angelo (cobraracing)

But since you answered... The "very quickly" part is actually what's worrying me - there is a reason not to run fresh 5c nimh packs off the charger and it's the same reason why you run a regulator on a lipo pack: because it does crank out quite a bit of voltage in its first discharged mah (as opposed the the lipo who does it for much longer though) and your rx and/or servos are at risk for that time. The fact that you've done it before with no consequences doesn't mean it's systematically safe. I've done it too but I try not to do it when I'm not forced too... You don't necessarily get caught every time you're breaking the speed limit either. Or you don't always overdose when you do hard drugs. Or you don't always catch an STD when you spend the night with a stranger and use no protection. But when it happens, you feel sorry for not having been more cautious...

not commenting on the last one as it's off topic and I ain't sure what brought you to mention it, really by the way, you deserve my congratulations as this comment made you the second person ever to make my forum "ignore" list in 8 years of me using RCtech

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:17 AM   #149
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
thanks for pitching in, but I was really asking Angelo (cobraracing)

But since you answered... The "very quickly" part is actually what's worrying me - there is a reason not to run fresh 5c nimh packs off the charger and it's the same reason why you run a regulator on a lipo pack: because it does crank out quite a bit of voltage in its first discharged mah (as opposed the the lipo who does it for much longer though) and your rx and/or servos are at risk for that time. The fact that you've done it before with no consequences doesn't mean it's systematically safe. I've done it too but I try not to do it when I'm not forced too... You don't necessarily get caught every time you're breaking the speed limit either. Or you don't always overdose when you do hard drugs. Or you don't always catch an STD when you spend the night with a stranger and use no protection. But when it happens, you feel sorry for not having been more cautious...

not commenting on the last one as it's off topic and I ain't sure what brought you to mention it, really by the way, you deserve my congratulations as this comment made you the second person ever to make my forum "ignore" list in 8 years of me using RCtech

Paul
My ole mate cobraracing will concur with me... I have been using the 6.6v pack for a few months... it does not charge much past 6.6V and is perfectly safe to be used as a rx pack.

Lonestar you must work in safety all I hear from you is blah... blah... blah... if you want to speed and take LSD then go for it!!! it might actually open your eyes to the real world!!! perhaps you should consider a safer hobby, such as knitting or crocheting.

Here is a link for you... www.learntoknit.com/home.html
Old 09-01-2009, 05:21 AM   #150
Tech Addict

For all those who want to race I firmly believe the Life pack is the future for racing, they may charge a little past 6.6V but under load this voltage will read 6.6V and hold there for quite some time. Be they packs from Cobraracing or a competitors pack... the Life pack weighs less than a NiMh and there is no need for a regulator like the similar Lipo RX pack.

Join the revolution.

Last edited by Sam-E; 09-01-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Sam-E is offline   Reply With Quote