R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have run the Talons in soft with Proline black evo foams and they were great. the track was hard packed but kept slightly moist. Tracktion is not an issue with these tires! As far as foams, we reccomend running a slightly firmer foam than just a non molded foam. You can get the Panther tires with the Ofna molded yellow foams from Panthers site.

They do have some new things in the works. Their new larger 1/8 wheels are awesome and are even lighter then their older smaller wheels.

The Talons are avaliable to buy on their site from what I see.

http://www.pantherteam.com/index.php...roducts_id=334
Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #32
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdux View Post
I steadily rely on the switches and raptors for night time mains around here with all of the clay in our tracks (Pa/Oh). Right now in my tire arsenal there are s and ms Gators, s and clay Switch 2.0's, clay Raptors, s K2's. I find myself reaching for the Raptors more than any.

I can't wait for the Talons, they actually look most like the Calibers with the tripod dual stage pin. I like the fact that the Talons don't seem to be directional as far as the center section of the tire. Does anyone know when we'll be able to order them?

the middle lug may not be directional but the triangle lugs sure are....pay attention when mounting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat-lll View Post
Sorry I should have said Pro-line Calibers. What type of surface did you do
your testing on? I always thought that Panther's white soft foam was best because it is so light. Did you try their firm grey foam inserts?
the Stock white standard inserts dont last terribly long....Yes they are the lightest of the light....but unless your on a Super Blown out track a newer gen Molded foam is going to treat you better in the long run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark K View Post
I have run the Talons in soft with Proline black evo foams and they were great. the track was hard packed but kept slightly moist. Tracktion is not an issue with these tires! As far as foams, we recommend running a slightly firmer foam than just a non molded foam. You can get the Panther tires with the Ofna molded yellow foams from Panthers site.

They do have some new things in the works. Their new larger 1/8 wheels are awesome and are even lighter then their older smaller wheels.

The Talons are avaliable to buy on their site from what I see.

http://www.pantherteam.com/index.php...roducts_id=334

X2 on the PL Evo 2's....Ive had the best luck with those as far as fitment and feel in All of my Panther tires.

Again X2 on the Big wheel....if your wanting a little more side wall flex you can still go with the small wheel if you please as i know some racer's who prefer them over the larger wheels.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote