Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading an Ofna Ultra LX Comp

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Upgrading an Ofna Ultra LX Comp

I purchased an Ofna Ultra LX Comp as my first 1/8 scale buggy. It seems to be alright but I wonder how it will do against other 1/8 scale buggies at my local track. I have replaced the force engine with an O.S. vzb v spec, installed a vented 13 tooth clutch bell, replaced the steering servo with a 200 oz one, replaced the throttle servo, installed ofna ultra light wheels with crimefighter tires, and I just bought hyper 9 big bores for the rear. I'll buy the fronts in the next couple days.
Any suggestions on what else I should do to improve it. Maybe some way to lighten it. Or should I take my new stuff off and sell it the way I bought it and get something else?
Old 06-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Sounds like you have done everything right and done as much as you can so far. I would suggest racing it just like it is and then if you plan on racing after 4-5 race then pull out your motor and electronics and buy another buggy. First time racing the car dosent normally hold you back, it just getting the hang of racing that holds you back .
Old 06-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I would say sell it before the value goes down anymore. I would agree that driving/practice is the best thing for you, but that buggy will severely limit your abilities, now and later..mostly because there is no way to lower the ride height to an acceptable level. its very unstable at high speeds, turns like a tank, and jumps like a turtle..It meant for for high speed bashing and very slow turns
Old 06-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Initiate

How would a jammin x1 be?
Old 06-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Prophet

yes jammin x1 one is good i seen a few guys at my track and u can drive them hard in the turns i would get the kit through not the rtr its has much better parts on it
Old 06-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Initiate

I just bought the jammin x1 cr off ebay.