R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah engines WILL run backwards. It has happened to me many times over the years. Ever try to start an engine cold with outside temps under the 30's? They will sometimes start backwards in those situations. That is with the box spinning the correct way. They will fire up and run backwards, until you stop them. I have actually seen someone's engine start backwards, and they didn't notice. They put it on the ground, hit the throttle and the car drove backwards. It IS very possible to do.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

pissin on Losi huh, you must have gotten spanked acouple of time but some of the most popular 1/8s on the market..... dont hate[/QUOTE]
Hate? Did someone say Hate? Heck man, I like Haters, they let me know I'm doing something right 'cause it means I'm winning.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

umm ahh yeah I must of had a bonehead moment as it appears that I must have hooked the battery leads up backwords after charging oops. BUT I haven't tried it yet but i'm guessing that it will fire right up. As for starting backwords I guess my limited experience tells me that it won't but it did fire a couple of times but it wouldn't start. Anyways I appreciate your guys help
AsSc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #19

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Yeah engines WILL run backwards. It has happened to me many times over the years. Ever try to start an engine cold with outside temps under the 30's? They will sometimes start backwards in those situations. That is with the box spinning the correct way. They will fire up and run backwards, until you stop them. I have actually seen someone's engine start backwards, and they didn't notice. They put it on the ground, hit the throttle and the car drove backwards. It IS very possible to do.
yes they can go backwards. i saw a guy racing arfound the 4 min. mark he hit this big jump hit the throttle and the car went straight backwards... when he landed the engine was rich enough and hit a rock just right and on a top dead center and bam running backwards. if a starter box runs the wrong way and you can get it to take fuel it bumps over the correct way if you get top dead center. jeremy
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #20
3de
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Try just blipping it on the box in short bursts.
3de is offline   Reply With Quote