R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-24-2009, 06:38 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Now as I'm not for being rude to anyone who ask for help - If I see someone that is having a hard time I will go over and ask if they need help. If its something I don't know ( cause I dont know it all) I will get them help from one of our local pro here. Now there are times when even your favorite driver will put you on the back burner. Now you all have to remember for these big time pro guys at races - their main job is to race, second is support their team mates, then if they have time to kill - help out other people.

Second, at big races, you won't find to many sponsored guys bending over to help a product they dont support, example asking Drake for help with a AE truggy @ The Pit. And I'm sorry I hope I dont offend to many people but you be stupid for asking.

At these races each company have a tent and most have people just standing there waiting to help you out. This is done on purpose, to give you the support you need so you don't bother their team drivers. Now club races or test and tune may be different. I have recently had two of my local pros one from AE and one fron Losi trying to get my engine tuned. But if this was a BIG race - I would not take my Losi truck into a AE tent for help.

So dont feel bad when you apporach one of these guys and get turned down. They are just probley busy with their own stuff or getting ready for their race
Old 06-24-2009, 06:49 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
Now as I'm not for being rude to anyone who ask for help - If I see someone that is having a hard time I will go over and ask if they need help. If its something I don't know ( cause I dont know it all) I will get them help from one of our local pro here. Now there are times when even your favorite driver will put you on the back burner. Now you all have to remember for these big time pro guys at races - their main job is to race, second is support their team mates, then if they have time to kill - help out other people.

Second, at big races, you won't find to many sponsored guys bending over to help a product they dont support, example asking Drake for help with a AE truggy @ The Pit. And I'm sorry I hope I dont offend to many people but you be stupid for asking.

At these races each company have a tent and most have people just standing there waiting to help you out. This is done on purpose, to give you the support you need so you don't bother their team drivers. Now club races or test and tune may be different. I have recently had two of my local pros one from AE and one fron Losi trying to get my engine tuned. But if this was a BIG race - I would not take my Losi truck into a AE tent for help.

So dont feel bad when you apporach one of these guys and get turned down. They are just probley busy with their own stuff or getting ready for their race
You know... this is a really good point. If they are sitting there with their buggy all apart, rebuilding a diff or something, that is NOT the time to ask for help. If they are sitting around BSing, they'll probably be happy to help you out.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:51 AM   #33
Tech Addict

walk up to them and ask to take a picture of them but zoom in on their buggy at different angles so you dont have to ask for help.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlog View Post
I just skimmed over this thread but here is something else to think about is to be at least be running the product you are looking for sponsored from. I get many resumes from drivers and when I ask if they run the product either they have not or say "I will be when you give me free stuff".
When I applied for sponsorships, I applied to companies that sold the products I already ran and have come to respect for improving my game. The truth is if they turned me down, I would still run the same stuff.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer43 View Post
walk up to them and ask to take a picture of them but zoom in on their buggy at different angles so you dont have to ask for help.
haha dude. Exactly what you do lol.

But seriously, there are quite a few good pro drivers up here and they help anyone out as best as they can. The McCrery Brothers, Dylan Julian, Marcus Anzivino, Randy Nolen, and many other local sponsored drivers are very helpful and will lend a lot of their spare parts to keep you running. They like to see people have fun. They dont like watching people(especially kids) break parts and then never get to race the rest of that day.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:23 PM   #36
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
You know... this is a really good point. If they are sitting there with their buggy all apart, rebuilding a diff or something, that is NOT the time to ask for help. If they are sitting around BSing, they'll probably be happy to help you out.

Well Spoken...At every level, we race, If someone is focused on racin..dont bug em, If they are BSinn..As stated, sure, almost anyone will help, pro or not.[I gots 1 rule' If you cannot help yourself, how ya gonna help someone else?
Old 06-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #37
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluffy1 View Post
can anyone tell me how poeple get sponsorship and how it works.

thanks
Read this -> http://www.myrcbox.com/?p=227