R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive been running OD %30 race for 4 years now and have never had one issue with it. After a day of running my motor has a nice coat of oil on the inside, no build up on the piston. I guess if you guys are that worried about temps then go with the byrons I for one have a good clean running engine that sounds and runs just fine. Some guys at my track have been running the EBmods fuel with good results as well.
Baby Car!!!!!!!
killabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:57 PM   #47
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by megasaxon View Post
I have an RC8T RaceSpec and the manual says for the RTR motor fuel should have 10-20% oil content. I've been running Byrons ProDriver 25% which has 9% oil. Runs awesome, but should i be conserned about the oil content? Why or why not?

this may not matter much as i'll have my Reedy 21 this week, but nontheless i'd like to know the facts about oil content...
if I was running low oil content fuel, I"ll be dedicated about using afterrun oil after every race/bash day, but considering what I hear about Odonnel, nah.. I'll just use afterrun if I'm going to store it for a while.. but I never do.. hehe.
devilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Your fine, If you are not going to run for a while use AR oil - I run 9% and it fine, just dont run to lean
Old 06-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #49
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to mugenjon

byrons gen2 FTW I used to run ods and ran out and someone had gen2 and haven't turned back
Old 06-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #50
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilchrist View Post
if I was running low oil content fuel, I"ll be dedicated about using afterrun oil after every race/bash day, but considering what I hear about Odonnel, nah.. I'll just use afterrun if I'm going to store it for a while.. but I never do.. hehe.
Agreed! That's the great thing about the odonnell fuels. The oil package that they use may burn your eyes and turn your pressure line yellow, but it also protects your engine. The only time I use ARO is when storing my engines for an extended time period. Even then I don't really think it is needed with the odonnell fuels. I have never had a heat issue with odonnell. Plain and simple if you are worried about temps, don't run your engine lean. Most people can't really use all of the power thier engines make anyway(myself included). I never have power issues nor do I have heat issues. I generally run my engines between 220 and 235. That to me is an optimal tune, and produces plenty of power.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #51
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Krawlin Send a message via MSN to Krawlin Send a message via Yahoo to Krawlin

I have been running Byron's fuel for all 8 (going on 9) years that I have been in the hobby. It has always been very consistent and just a good all around fuel for me. I currently use Race 3000 30% in my truggy and Race 2000 20% in my bashing buggy.