Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Fioroni Turbo sliding clutch 2007...bogging. >

Fioroni Turbo sliding clutch 2007...bogging.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Fioroni Turbo sliding clutch 2007...bogging.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Fioroni Turbo sliding clutch 2007...bogging.

I just purchased a Fioroni Turbo sliding clutch "2007" the one with 50% split carbon shoes.
The clutch came with one hard and one soft springs.
Installation went just fine...and followed some guidelines from another forum for this specific clutch.
The shoes don't hang or anything but i get a nasty bog down low on a high traction track.
I haven't yet tried 2 hard springs but went down on clutch bell size with no luck.
I've seen a few reports on this bog and was wondering what i could do to fix it. Will two hard springs make THE difference?
Old 06-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vti-chris
I just purchased a Fioroni Turbo sliding clutch "2007" the one with 50% split carbon shoes.
The clutch came with one hard and one soft springs.
Installation went just fine...and followed some guidelines from another forum for this specific clutch.
The shoes don't hang or anything but i get a nasty bog down low on a high traction track.
I haven't yet tried 2 hard springs but went down on clutch bell size with no luck.
I've seen a few reports on this bog and was wondering what i could do to fix it. Will two hard springs make THE difference?
2 hard springs makes a world of difference.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

those clutches will suck the bottom end out of any engine, even a modified picco 28 will suck wind down low with that clutch..... horrible clutch choice if your looking for any sort of low end snap..If your on any sort of high bite track these clutches are unusable no matter what you do......before anyone tries to tell me differently be aware i have several of these clutches and have tried them on many engines, from .21's to modified Picco 28's and OS 28's..IMO they suck bad !!! better off with a M2C setup
Old 06-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Maximo
those clutches will suck the bottom end out of any engine, even a modified picco 28 will suck wind down low with that clutch..... horrible clutch choice if your looking for any sort of low end snap..If your on any sort of high bite track these clutches are unusable no matter what you do......before anyone tries to tell me differently be aware i have several of these clutches and have tried them on many engines, from .21's to modified Picco 28's and OS 28's..IMO they suck bad !!! better off with a M2C setup
I really don't get all of the fioroni hate. I run the same setup described above on a v-spec in a losi 8T 2.0. I have plenty of bottom end snap. I feel that I have as much or more snap than an aluminum setup. And a clutch that lasts 12 gallons. It is really a mystery to me, how you would need more snap than the fioroni can provide. Especially in a buggy.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

The thing is that i prefer carbon shoes instead of alloy.
I use Xray bells and are kind of expensive to waste with the alloy shoes.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Chris,
after using the Fioroni sliding clutch for a very long long time i have to agree and say that if you are looking for racing performance use only standard 3 shoe clutch system.i know it easier to use the sliding one ,it's last's longer etc'...i said the same,but it kill's all engins modifid's or not.
just use standard shoes clutch.
why do you use only Xray bell's?
Old 06-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

OK I'm wrong. The fioroni sucks. There is no way you can compete with it, because it kills every engine. Right. That's why I am and have been compeating with it for years.

I don't know. If it's not working for you guys, it's not working. But I have had great success with it, and I am running it in a truggy with a stock v-spec. No modded monster engine, and I still feel I have plenty of bottom end.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
OK I'm wrong. The fioroni sucks. There is no way you can compete with it, because it kills every engine. Right. That's why I am and have been compeating with it for years.

I don't know. If it's not working for you guys, it's not working. But I have had great success with it, and I am running it in a truggy with a stock v-spec. No modded monster engine, and I still feel I have plenty of bottom end.

on a very slick track i don't mind the Fiorini and have had good results... but on any high bite surface its terrible...nowhere near the snap of a normal 3 shoe, not even close.. I even have some before and after video of a M2C and a Fiorini on the same setup on the same day. the difference is night and day
Old 06-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

C'mon Jammin, you know you love it! With the right springs the fiorini has plenty of snap,
I do prefer the original 2 shoe design to the turbo twin.I had a spring snap during a qual yesterday, limped her home and put in the turbo twin shoes and didn;t notice a difference.
That busted spring mangled the shoes but she never stopped running.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pooldoc
C'mon Jammin, you know you love it! With the right springs the fiorini has plenty of snap,
I do prefer the original 2 shoe design to the turbo twin.I had a spring snap during a qual yesterday, limped her home and put in the turbo twin shoes and didn;t notice a difference.
That busted spring mangled the shoes but she never stopped running.
I do love it. That's why I hate when people hate on it. I think it's the best clutch made. Period. But others obviously don't. I run the turbo twin setup because I can play around with different springs on different shoes. For instance if I am running a fioroni setup in my buggy in slippery conditions, I often like to run 1 hard spring and one regular. This way one set of shoes will engage sooner than the other, making for a smoother takeoff.

Anyway, there is a lot of fioroni love, and there is a lot of hate. I guess it's just a matter of what works for you.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I really don't get all of the fioroni hate. I run the same setup described above on a v-spec in a losi 8T 2.0. I have plenty of bottom end snap. I feel that I have as much or more snap than an aluminum setup. And a clutch that lasts 12 gallons. It is really a mystery to me, how you would need more snap than the fioroni can provide. Especially in a buggy.

carbon will Never grab as hard as alum....its not physically possible.....we all know you love your Fioroni...but i WILL put in my opinion when people ask about them....me and max have done extensive testing and found the clutch to out right suck plain and simple.

Originally Posted by vti-chris
The thing is that i prefer carbon shoes instead of alloy.
I use Xray bells and are kind of expensive to waste with the alloy shoes.

if you have the proper stall and proper hardness of shoes you should Not be slagging much if any alum on the bell....either you are running too soft of shoe or too hard of spring and are overheating the shoes and slagging them...IF you mix 2 carbon's with 2 alum's the carbon's will lubricate the clutch and Not allow ANY slag to build up...My Losi 13T on my buggy is like 10-12 gallon's old and it still 26.5mm ID...and on a side note...ive never had the "loose bearing" in my stock losi bell's...ive found the Robinson racing to wear a lot faster then the losi and they were Overly heavy in comparison to stock.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Integra
carbon will Never grab as hard as alum....its not physically possible.....we all know you love your Fioroni...but i WILL put in my opinion when people ask about them....me and max have done extensive testing and found the clutch to out right suck plain and simple.
From my experience, the fioroni setup with 2 hard springs grabs better than a losi setup with 4 KHZ 7075 shoes, 2 gold and 2 green springs. That is what I feel is a good baseline aluminum setup, and also a very popular one. To me the fioroni grabs better. With that being said, I know it isn't the snappiest aluminum setup. I have never seen the need for any more snap than the fioroni provieds, in either buggy or truggy on a whole range of tracks. Like I said, run what works for you. The fioroni works for me, and longevety is outstanding, so I will continue to run it.
Horatio likes this.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ran for years the original slita clutch
with a novarossi engine, no problems fitting
now, I picked up a new fioroni flywheel
and none of the engine cones won't fit , always slips on the crankshaft

what sort of cone/system to you guys use in the end ????
Old 06-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

VTI-Chris, try the 2 shoe Turbo Sliding Clutch in the black compound with stiff springs, or the 4 shoe 70/30 split Turbo Sliding Clutch in black compound with any combo of standard and stiff springs. You will have the bottom end snap you are looking for. This is not an opinion, this is based on the extensive testing I have done over the years.
Horatio likes this.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by speedy2
I ran for years the original slita clutch
with a novarossi engine, no problems fitting
now, I picked up a new fioroni flywheel
and none of the engine cones won't fit , always slips on the crankshaft

what sort of cone/system to you guys use in the end ????
Try to file the collet a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.