Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you think about the ofna lx1

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Cool What do you think about the ofna lx1

i just wanted to know what people think about the ofna lx 1 because i have one and i like it alot, i just want to get other opinions on it
Old 06-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Dont worry about what other people think..as long as you like it, its your buggy..have fun with it, OFNA distributes a great product for the price..they are the TRAXXAS of 8 scale buggies
Old 06-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Dont worry about what other people think..as long as you like it, its your buggy..have fun with it, OFNA distributes a great product for the price..they are the TRAXXAS of 8 scale buggies
thanks for the advice
Old 06-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

hey what do you think is a good shock oil for it, because right now i have 80weight but i think its way to stiff
Old 06-20-2009, 11:43 PM
Tech Lord

yea bud...lose the 80 weight..try 40 in the front and 35 in the rear..do you race or just bash?
Old 06-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default The Tank

OK-- 40wt in front, 35wt in rear. Cut the front sway on the center about 1/4 thru. This keeps it balanced in the rough stuff. Run 5-7-2 in the diffs for good streering and good pull front to back. Need to change the diff. gear in the rear ASP to the hardened one 'cause when it blows,and it will, you'll be changin' lots of parts. Keep that .28 motor calmed down or you'll be doing drive-line parts in no time. Buy a bag of E-clips, they tend to fly away. Learn how to clean and service the pull start so it will last. There's lots of info on the OFNA boards about this rig, go there and start reading. It's a very good starter rig 'cause it's a tank, but NOT a fast racer, you get to play in this great hobby and learn with out blowing the bank. Any thing else PM me and I'll do my best. Have fun!!!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

yea bud...lose the 80 weight..try 40 in the front and 35 in the rear..do you race or just bash?
i do both but wouldnt u need to put the higher weight in the back because of the weight of the engine
Old 06-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by The Working Man
OK-- 40wt in front, 35wt in rear. Cut the front sway on the center about 1/4 thru. This keeps it balanced in the rough stuff. Run 5-7-2 in the diffs for good streering and good pull front to back. Need to change the diff. gear in the rear ASP to the hardened one 'cause when it blows,and it will, you'll be changin' lots of parts. Keep that .28 motor calmed down or you'll be doing drive-line parts in no time. Buy a bag of E-clips, they tend to fly away. Learn how to clean and service the pull start so it will last. There's lots of info on the OFNA boards about this rig, go there and start reading. It's a very good starter rig 'cause it's a tank, but NOT a fast racer, you get to play in this great hobby and learn with out blowing the bank. Any thing else PM me and I'll do my best. Have fun!!!!!
ya i use a box starter, i git tired of replacing the pull starter. Do u have one yourself?
Old 06-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default The Tank

Originally Posted by davidg01234
ya i use a box starter, i git tired of replacing the pull starter. Do u have one yourself?
I started with one three years ago. Big time learning curve, plus a little to much money, but hey, I cought on. Start box was a good idea. Is this your first 1/8 buggy? Well not bad starter and one hundred others will say otherwise, but? Some thing you'll find is alot of love about thease things, others will say " I have the best. I drive a ....." Don't let it sway you 'cause the one your running is the best 'cause YOUR running. This is a fun sport, but when the racer thing kicks in it gets hairy fast. Just go and have fun, get to a track and smell the nitro, and have a good time.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by davidg01234
i do both but wouldnt u need to put the higher weight in the back because of the weight of the engine

No the front shocks get all the action from turning. The rear shocks are more for jumping, absorbing bumps, and chassis roll. Plus you always want the rear of your buggy to sit slightly lower than the front
Old 06-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Lord

I started with one three years ago. Big time learning curve, plus a little to much money, but hey, I cought on. Start box was a good idea. Is this your first 1/8 buggy? Well not bad starter and one hundred others will say otherwise, but? Some thing you'll find is alot of love about thease things, others will say " I have the best. I drive a ....." Don't let it sway you 'cause the one your running is the best 'cause YOUR running. This is a fun sport, but when the racer thing kicks in it gets hairy fast. Just go and have fun, get to a track and smell the nitro, and have a good time.

+1, well said! Just enjoy yourself. Ofna makes a great learning buggy that will handle a track ok..You will know when/if your ready for a Pro racing buggy..But if you dont get obsessed about it like the rest of us, stick with RTR Ofna buggies, you will get hours of fun and allot less hassles, and they are tough buggies with parts everywhere
Old 06-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

I dont see how there is a such thing as a starter buggy because you can make a piece of junk the best one in the world and ya this is my first 8 scale buggy. I started out with a 10 scale buggy
Old 06-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

+1, well said! Just enjoy yourself. Ofna makes a great learning buggy that will handle a track ok..You will know when/if your ready for a Pro racing buggy..But if you dont get obsessed about it like the rest of us, stick with RTR Ofna buggies, you will get hours of fun and allot less hassles, and they are tough buggies with parts everywhere
too late ive been obssesed with them for about 2 years now and it is very frusrating when i cant find a part i need
Old 06-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

No the front shocks get all the action from turning. The rear shocks are more for jumping, absorbing bumps, and chassis roll. Plus you always want the rear of your buggy to sit slightly lower than the front
i thought it was the other way around because when you gas it the back squats so i thought you would put the back higher than the front
Old 06-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Lord

Yea I typed it backwards. Its the other way around. all the weight shifts to the back when you punch it. But the rear is where most of your traction comes from because thats where all the weight is. You want it a little softer than the front so it squats better and gives you better traction. Also off the face of the jumps The rear is where all the traction comes from. If your oil is too thick, it will hinder the springs and pistons from giving you the lift you want off the jumps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.