Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgeezer
You da man JAZ!!
occasionally I even give out the correct answer
Old 06-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
what I find to be impossible is to have every shock the same..you cant possibly know how far you are pushing the shaft into the body (unless she screams.)
Hey Jazzy!

A trick that I use is fuel tubing. First I measure the length of the shaft when the shock is built. Then I take three pieces of the fuel tubing, cut one that is 25% of the length that I measured, then one at 50% and the last one at 75%. I then cut all three down the length of the tubing, that way I can put them over the shaft to adjust my rebound as I'm building the shocks, and they pop right back off when I'm done.

I used green tubing for front and pink for rear. I get them mached every time....

If I want...
75% rebound, use the smallest piece
50% rebound, use the middle
25% rebound, use the biggest one

Saddly I sent those along with my 808 to that "FRIKING LOOSER"!!! And no, still haven't herd anything.

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 06-18-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I like to build my shocks with very little rebound and then use the oil/ spring/ piston for tuning. I would say using the method described above I build them with somewhere between 10 and 20% rebound. Works for me.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
Hey Jazzy!

A trick that I use is fuel tubbing. First I measure the length of the shaft when the shock is built. Then I take three pieces of the fuel tubbing, cut one that is 25% of the length that I measured, then one at 50% and the last one at 75%. I then cut all three down the length of the tubbing, that way I can put them over the shaft to adjust my rebound as I'm building the shocks, and they pop right back off when I'm done.

I used green tubbing for front and pink for rear. I get them mached every time....

If I want...
75% rebound, use the smallest piece
50% rebound, use the middle
25% rebound, use the biggest one

Saddly I sent those along with my 808 to that "FRIKING LOOSER"!!! And no, still haven't herd anything.
Wow, this is a great idea!

I always try and eyeball and it's impossible. I'm going to do this next time forsure!

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akhor
Wow, this is a great idea!

I always try and eyeball and it's impossible. I'm going to do this next time forsure!

Thanks!
I agree, think I'll skip the "PINK" tubing though
Old 06-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Just to be a jerk, I have fioroni(never can spell that) rebound pistons in my mugen.They rebound faster than they compress or have less resistence coming out than going in if that sounds better. That is what cary(not the O.P.) was refering to I would think, & yes,you can feel the difference.But no they are not adjustable unless you consider piston replacement as adjustable.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I agree, think I'll skip the "PINK" tubing though
I tried blue, but i got them mixed in with junk tubing lying around. So i went with loud colors.