R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I highly doubt you got a brand new novarossi engine with an air leak. I would think you have a bad tank, or a clogged carb, or one of your o-rings (manifold, Pipe) are torn and causing loss of pressure..Is there someone local who can help you?
He said his other nova (the p5) fired right up in the same vehicle. That's what made me think air leak. If he's blowing all the compression anywhere else except for the exhaust pipe he won't get the pressure he needs in the tank for the fuel to move up.
Jay Stuart #66
slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #17
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I think she's just too rich to start and he's not priming it enough. The fuel will flow back into the line if you stop priming it and his Fuel nipple is above his fuel line, especially if he has stopped priming before the fuel got into the engine..

Shane the fuel needs to enter the engine, not just the carb for your engine to fire.

Different engines= different plugs..make sure the plug is good! My Nova needed to be leaned about 2 hours to start it, it was so rich..Try to find an experienced racer to help so you dont ruin your new engine

PS Like the new Avatar Jay
Old 06-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post

PS Like the new Avatar Jay
Love the squidbillies! Darrin turned me on to them, watch season 1 and 2 at the Vegas race.
Jay Stuart #66
slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Had the same problem

I got a new n21 limited a couple weeks ago. I had the same problem of getting fuel into the engine and to fire after I pre-heated it.

I thought I had a tank or fuel line issue at first. But, do believe I got a bit of heat on the carb from the heat gun. I could hear the fuel sizzling as it entered the carb when I primed it, and I had a lot of air in the fuel line. I heated it to 200-210. But only a small amount gets past the LSN so it does not have to get that hot in relation to the rest of the motor.

I only heated the motor to about 180 and that seemed to make the problem go away. Now its broke in and runs great and starts up easy when cold starting.
Kirbdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

when I broke in this same engine it took alot of patience. it was very tight even after pre-heating and took some tuning to even get it going but after a couple of times it got easier. I have over 2 gallons on it now and still have to heat it up or it gives my ofna truggy box a fit. Be patient, lean it out some, heat it at the head make sure your box battery is super charged. It wont be easy but it can be done.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (67%+)

Thanks for everyones help! I went ahead and replaced the fuel tank and there it was! Started right up. I guess a few weeks back when my tank popped loose and the clutch bell wore onto it. Finally blew out I guess, still can't see a hole but the engine starts up fine and that's what I wanted!