R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-16-2009, 12:50 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Next engine...

hi guys,

I'm looking to get a spare engine, I've been running O.S v specs and speeds for the last couple of years and i'm totaly satisfied i've tried other engines during that same period but i always came back to O.S (I really like the low end torque) i tried the Nova P4 which was ok a GRP which i tought was gutless and a RB WS7 wich was like a light switch...
I'm looking for a new engine and a friend of mine is willing to sell me his Brand new Orion alpha 3 port ABI with the matching 2066 pipe for a really good price and i really like the look of the engine, but Most of Orions sponsored drivers run the US-spec and i'm wondering if the alpha 3port is a worthy successor to my vspec or should i just stick with the proven winner aka vspec.

Thanks for the advice.
gameholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:32 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

when something is working for you and working well then why change. i have tried alot of different motors and have finally settled in on the os based jx ninja its just so reliable. if you have found something you can rely on and is dependable you feel you are getting the power and run time you need i say stick with what you have why change just for the sake of change just my opinion
jyfz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:26 AM   #3
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyfz2 View Post
when something is working for you and working well then why change. i have tried alot of different motors and have finally settled in on the os based jx ninja its just so reliable. if you have found something you can rely on and is dependable you feel you are getting the power and run time you need i say stick with what you have why change just for the sake of change just my opinion
+1
I'm a V-spec person myself, but I'm going to try the Ninja next. For the price and what you get, I think it would be the way to go.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:29 AM   #4
Tech Elite

That Ninja enigne is nice man, Im a V-spec person or OS and its made by them and I heard uses the OS speed parts.

When I told my local LOSI pro guys about getting one of those Orions ( cause I wanna be like Mike), but they said dont just get what the PROS get. they mod test mod test mod test mod and test some more. The one you would buy will just be plain stock. Like people running out and getting the nova engine Drake ran at sliver state and got like 12 mins per tank. Well I got one and Im not getting know where near that and thats with some of the best racers and tuners here tuning it. So I would be a little hum hesitant about buyin something that I myself have not seen run at my local track.

Stick with the Vspec man.

Last edited by token; 06-16-2009 at 05:55 AM.
token is offline   Reply With Quote