R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #61
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
kudos to the men who put it all that hard work all day today to make a great event.

and curses to the damn thundershowers that missed so much around the area, but not the area itself. track was lost in about 10min. argh...was lookin forward to runnin.

R
What does this mean? Mudbowl 09???
Old 07-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #62
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

We got the track all dried out and we are good to go for tomoro, a bunch of guys are going out there at 5:30 so we can race!

RC8T-RB S3-Hitec Servos- Spektrum
beginner4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #63
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)
Default RACE IS ON!

The track is good to go. It really needed the rain, just not 6 inches in 2 days We got all the standing water and mud off the surface and will be there at 5:30 AM to start prepping the surface for the race. Track will be money tomorrow. It's been SO dry and dusty that this rain has done nothing but good things for the dirt.

See you guys tomorrow!

RACE IS ON!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #64

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

the track is dried out. considerin i planned at 40mph on 83 leaving there after the poor fella got his stuff put away under that EZup. that was already a lotta standing water to get rid of. that mustve been 1 hella effort in itself. more on that later.

but on the other hand as hard as those guys worked all day and how it was b4 it came down. i guess i would not be surprised if they work some more and again in the morning to have a chance. lets hope this 1 coming in now keeps headed south to the city like its doing.

i think if u folks have any sorta race 2mrw, u need to give that 1 fella a big round of gratitude collectively. b/c it seems every1 else will not have a race nor perhaps cared to try and clean up their tracks to do so. if in fact this fella get a respite from the weather and this goes. boy, u will have a great event. the best the track has ever had. and really...i'd find it really bad if that guy had to pay to race the rest of the yr. surely some1 (or the group) should pay his way.

R

PS-had to bite tongue on how the track looked before the rain. folks have put the time in and it shows. untrained eye might not see it. but it was clear here. far better than in the past...u can see the amount of care and passion went into makin it great for all. kudos to those folks.
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #65
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

We didn't give that rain we got this evening a chance to sit on the track and soak in. Right after you left it stopped and we broke out the brooms and shovels again. We'll have plenty of sawdust on hand tomorrow morning JUST IN CASE.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #66
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mugen9112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
the track is dried out. considerin i planned at 40mph on 83 leaving there after the poor fella got his stuff put away under that EZup. that was already a lotta standing water to get rid of.

but on the other hand as hard as those guys worked all day and how it was b4 it came down. i guess i would not be surprised if they work some more and again in the morning to have a chance. lets hope this 1 coming in now keeps headed south to the city like its doing.

i think if u folks have any sorta race 2mrw, u need to give that 1 fella a big round of gratitude collectively. b/c it seems every1 else will not have a race nor perhaps cared to try and clean up their tracks to do so. if in fact this fella get a respite from the weather and this goes. boy, u will have a great event. the best the track has ever had. and really...i'd find it really bad if that guy had to pay to race the rest of the yr. surely some1 (or the group) should pay his way.

R
+5
Mike and TR and a bunch of other guys but especially mike has put in a TON of work over the last two months. Mike definitely deserves some kind of metal or something.

See you at 530 tomorrow mike.
Mugen9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #67

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well just went up and looked at the track. the track is indeed where it'll be suitable come morning. an early start clearnin the soft earth out in back which bears the brunt of all the rain water is about the only task at hand. looks like another marked improvement over times past.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:10 PM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

WE WILL BE RUNING TOMORROW THANKS TO THE GUYS HARD WORK.....!!

SEE YOU IN THE AM
~MUGGIFIED Lst-xxl
reggie l. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:50 AM   #69
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sorry guys me and bubba didn't wake up in time for the 330 am departure time. See ya soon!
Old 07-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #70
Tech Master

AWSOME DAY TODAY GUYS...
~MUGGIFIED Lst-xxl
Old 07-27-2009, 06:16 AM   #71
Tech Apprentice

Great day all around!!

Big thanks to Waldorf RC, Middle River Hobbies, Hobby Works, and all you guys that helped!!!

We still have a handfull of plaques that did not get picked up as people left. We where gonna get everyone together at the end to pass 'em out, but when I realized the rain was coming, I started finding / calling for people to give 'em what they won.
If you placed top three (or 3,4,5 when top 2 bumped up) in C main or higher, you get a plaque -- PM me here or come find me at the next race to get it.
Heavy Metal Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #72
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie l. View Post
lol dude you have an -1 tender rating

If you'd take the time to read through the reason why I got that rating,you'd see that I was screwed & given a neg rating by an a$$ that is no longer on this forum. I have traded on several other forums & never had a issue. I always pay promptly. That is the first time I've ever had a issue. I know this isn't the place for this,but I am in the process of getting my rating cleared up here. I assure you that mfrosty has had my money for over 2 months & had ignored several of my PM's regarding this transaction.-Mike
fordmike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:17 PM   #73
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmike65 View Post
If you'd take the time to read through the reason why I got that rating,you'd see that I was screwed & given a neg rating by an a$$ that is no longer on this forum. I have traded on several other forums & never had a issue. I always pay promptly. That is the first time I've ever had a issue. I know this isn't the place for this,but I am in the process of getting my rating cleared up here. I assure you that mfrosty has had my money for over 2 months & had ignored several of my PM's regarding this transaction.-Mike
i did take the time to read through it but is doesnt tell me nothing but your a bad buyer..nothing more..you know the situation not me
~MUGGIFIED Lst-xxl
Old 07-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #74
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Fair enough. But my trader rating shouldn't mean that I should get screwed out of something I paid for long ago. I hope this gets straightened out soon.
fordmike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #75
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

wait, you think mike(mfrosty) scammed u? I know mike personally and i really do not think he did anything like that.

RC8T-RB S3-Hitec Servos- Spektrum
beginner4life is offline   Reply With Quote