Wiki Posts
Search

My wife washed my LiPo...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default My wife washed my LiPo...

so I was like what is that clunk upstairs, we went to check the dryer and my Losi Lipo receiver battery got washed and dried. I had a spare in my pocket from the last race. LOL. I wonder if it is safe to try to charge it now? Flipside, the blue plastic is shiny again.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ha.. Did you get on her for not checking your pockets before washing!? If it's completely dry it might actually OK, I doubt it would short itself out during the wash cycle. If you have a cell checker then you'll know if they're still in balance and still holding voltage above 3V/cell. Good luck! And it let it completely dry before doing anything!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Ha.. Did you get on her for not checking your pockets before washing!? If it's completely dry it might actually OK, I doubt it would short itself out during the wash cycle. If you have a cell checker then you'll know if they're still in balance and still holding voltage above 3V/cell. Good luck! And it let it completely dry before doing anything!
Ha! Her response was "I thought I checked all the pockets...those shorts have too many pockets!" Cargo shorts...love those for the track. I will check the battery tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Check the voltage with a multimeter. If that's fine, either cut off the shrink wrap and let it thoroughly dry, or store it in a bag/bowl of rice for a couple days.

The rice sucks the moisture out, it's mostly used on wet cell phones.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thats is about as bad what my Dad did. Drop call phone in bucket of water so he put it the dryer with clothes. It still works but the phone batt charge is shorter