Wiki Posts
Search

Losi vs. ProLine Fuel Gun

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
But are the fuel guns that much faster than a fast handed pit guy with a fuel bottle.
Yes much faster after last weekends race I'm sold. Darren was pitting for me he used his ProLine gun, that was the fastest I've ever been in and out of the pit. Very consistant.

Also guys I think I may have answered my own question here.... It appears (according to TowerHobbies) the Proline gun has been discontinued... So Losi it is!

Thanks for all the input!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by will g
james ill be your spit crew if you need !!!!!!!

i use losi fuel gun and it very seldom leaks
I'll take you up on that Will! Coming out for the Summer series. I can always use your expertise in the pit for me. My fuel gun works fine, but you can use yours if you like
Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ViLL

Of course you don't care how much fuel goes into your tank---your're not at that level yet
I was at that level this past weekend at JBRL. Qualified 6th over all, and came in 4th. 15 minute race, so i know i had to pit after the 7:30 mark. It doesnt matter to me if i took 124cc or 130cc. i know i can do 9 in truggy with the way i am driving now.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Proline fuel guns=cronic failure. I had one that lasted about a month, then it would not hold any fuel. I thought it was a fluke, so I bought another one, same thing happend shortly after. Don't waste your money on the PL.
Losi unit works like a charm and is $10 cheaper. I also saw that Losi released a re-build kit that comes with a nice cap.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
I was at that level this past weekend at JBRL. Qualified 6th over all, and came in 4th. 15 minute race, so i know i had to pit after the 7:30 mark. It doesnt matter to me if i took 124cc or 130cc. i know i can do 9 in truggy with the way i am driving now.

Read that on the grid, good run John
Old 06-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

i use the dynamite fuel gun, with the red nozzle. It never has leaked, trigger has never stuck, and it works great. You thread the gun onto a standard gallon bottle, nozzle end into the bottle, turn it upside down, pull the trigger and it fills, or you can take the bottle off the gun to fill it, works great!!
Old 06-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Carlos - You talked me into a losi fuel gun. I had no idea that it decreased the pit time. I know last weekend that killed me. I brought my truck in for fuel and my pit guy was working on another drivers car. Luckily I was able to get another pit guy fill my car up for me and get back out on the track. But fast pit stops make all the difference. Will try it out on Sat.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I've had the PL gun for over a season.

I really like it and it works well for me.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Carlos - You talked me into a losi fuel gun. I had no idea that it decreased the pit time. I know last weekend that killed me. I brought my truck in for fuel and my pit guy was working on another drivers car. Luckily I was able to get another pit guy fill my car up for me and get back out on the track. But fast pit stops make all the difference. Will try it out on Sat.
Not Cool - if he is suppose to pit for you - your car should be first priority. I would have been pissed. Thats y big races I take my own pit man. Just some one in my neighborhood. They want to get away from their wives too ... hahaha. But in the situation - a fuel gun wont help.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Addict

You mean increased right?

Oh no I helped my competition!!!! Guess I better get faster...
Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by carlosm
You mean increased right?

Oh no I helped my competition!!!! Guess I better get faster...
It was your car my pit guy was working on so I think you took care of it. jk it was ok I was trying to be nice and leave the driver unnamed but I know it wasent your fault my pit guys fault completly.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

It was your car my pit guy was working on so I think you took care of it. jk it was ok I was trying to be nice and leave the driver unnamed but I know it wasent your fault my pit guys fault completly.
Oh yeah.. Battery came out... Thanks to your guy and Darren... I got back out and managed 4th.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Lord

Losi fuel gun came today. That thing is fast. I cant believe that I didn't use one of these sooner. I like it.