Wiki Posts
Search

Losi vs. ProLine Fuel Gun

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
Losi gun. When in a race, i can care less how many CC go into the tank.

The proline gun is good too, but you have to modify the tip to remove the brass airtubes to make them flush. If you dont, youll damage your tank lip, causing air leaks.

Just waiting for the guys to coming and say fuel guns suck. I can refill a 8th buggy with a fuel gun faster then any guy with a squeeze bottle. They can pick the car up and start dropping it while it is still taking fuel. With a gun, you can.

Of course you don't care how much fuel goes into your tank---your're not at that level yet
Old 06-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

First of all what is the difference between filling up for a 10min Race compared to a 60 min race? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I want my tank full at every stop. That one extra lap could kill you, I have seen in a many times

+1 Losi Gun - THEY ALL LEAK at some point. I change my gaskets once in a while. My 11 and 15 year old pits for me and in a Main where you just need a quick "splash and go" they are faster at filling me all the way up with the Losi Fuel Gun than that of a regular fuel bottle giving just a splash.

LOSI FUEL GUN
Old 06-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Fuel strategy--dude.

Seeing how much fuel you're using up and dumping back into your tank will let you plan out how many pit stops you'll have to do for your main.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ViLL
Fuel strategy--dude.

Seeing how much fuel you're using up and dumping back into your tank will let you plan out how many pit stops you'll have to do for your main.
What ? ? ? Well generally - I run a Pro Mod OS v-spec - I pit every 7.30 and can go till 8.30 before pit stop - so in a 40 min Main um lets see I think 6 stops - umm does that sound right ? ? ?

Oh yeah and in Truggy its 150cc tank so I assume I want a 150cc in my tank. So I use a stop watch to see how long I run on a well tuned engine. Thats my strategy. I know how much fuel is being used 150cc, I just need to know how long it takes to use.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Everyones got their own way of doing things
Old 06-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
What ? ? ? Well generally - I run a Pro Mod OS v-spec - I pit every 7.30 and can go till 8.30 before pit stop - so in a 40 min Main um lets see I think 6 stops - umm does that sound right ? ? ?

Oh yeah and in Truggy its 150cc tank so I assume I want a 150cc in my tank. So I use a stop watch to see how long I run on a well tuned engine. Thats my strategy. I know how much fuel is being used 150cc, I just need to know how long it takes to use.
I run an OS speed and it can go 11 min maybe 11.5 but I always pit at 8 min. I wan out of gas one time where something happened to the GRP I was running and it went from 9 min in the AM to out of gas at 5.5 min in the main. I ran out of gas and it cost me the main I was able to catch back up to 4th but before that I was running 1st and 2nd. Besides on a 30 min main even if you come in at 9 min you are still going to have to pit 3 times. So I come in early just to be safe. That one race you are doing your best in you will stretch out your pit's and may be run out of gas. There goes that win. I like to be safe.

But are the fuel guns that much faster than a fast handed pit guy with a fuel bottle.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I run an OS speed and it can go 11 min maybe 11.5 but I always pit at 8 min. I wan out of gas one time where something happened to the GRP I was running and it went from 9 min in the AM to out of gas at 5.5 min in the main. I ran out of gas and it cost me the main I was able to catch back up to 4th but before that I was running 1st and 2nd. Besides on a 30 min main even if you come in at 9 min you are still going to have to pit 3 times. So I come in early just to be safe. That one race you are doing your best in you will stretch out your pit's and may be run out of gas. There goes that win. I like to be safe.

But are the fuel guns that much faster than a fast handed pit guy with a fuel bottle.
Depending on your pit guy..maybe 2-4 seconds..plus the bonus of no fuel spilled all over your chassis and maybe brakes
Old 06-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RB gun looks the bollocks If you know you can do 10mins on a tank you can play around with fuel stops to get out of traffic. If you got clear track, stay out and get some laps down. If you haven't got space pit early, get space, slam a few laps together and you might have been able to jump ahead of the guys you were racing when the pit
Old 06-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frank L

They are actually slower But fuel gun fills the tank exactly how it should be filled. Fast pit guys with fuel bottle either overfill the tank and then you flame out thanks to low pressure or do not fill the tank completelly or are slow

I use dynamite fuel guns as they do not leak and have removable fuel bottle for easy filling
Old 06-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh you also don't get any foam bubbles with a gun have had engines cut when using a bottle and the tank is really low on fuel...
Old 06-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Depending on your pit guy..maybe 2-4 seconds..plus the bonus of no fuel spilled all over your chassis and maybe brakes
No spillage is a plus.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallot
They are actually slower But fuel gun fills the tank exactly how it should be filled. Fast pit guys with fuel bottle either overfill the tank and then you flame out thanks to low pressure or do not fill the tank completelly or are slow

I use dynamite fuel guns as they do not leak and have removable fuel bottle for easy filling
U need a new pit man Unless your fuel bottle has a 10MM spout
Old 06-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
U need a new pit man Unless your fuel bottle has a 10MM spout
james ill be your spit crew if you need !!!!!!!

i use losi fuel gun and it very seldom leaks
Old 06-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

While I will say that the fuel guns are fast, me and my buddy can pit with a squeez bottle just as fast maybe 1 second slower at the most. Is that going to win the race? doubt it. if anything your speed coming in and out of the pits is where you can make up or loose time.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

did any of you see the the dirt challange at the Pit this year. Fuel gun vs bottles. you could not compare how much faster the guns were compared to the bottle. WAY faster, when you have two guys waiting and you come in hot.

Fuel guns faster, exact and way less problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.