Wiki Posts
Search

What do you think of traxxas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default WHAT?

Come on now, don't hateI know you won't admit it, but a lot of you "racers" want a T-maxx to beat on. Oh so many young men opened that box on Chrismas mourning and had tears in there eyes, so don't hate. BTW, I like haters. They let me know I'm livin' the good life.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by roadracer43
Traxxas makes a good christmas present for a kid.
Perfectly Stated!! I think most people are looking at this company the wrong way. Of course they're in it for the money - find me a company that isn't. But Traxxas has excellent customer service IMO. And what better way to bring a kid into the hobby without spending a fortune? i would absolutely buy my son a Slash but a buggy or a SC8 like mine? Hell no!
Old 06-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
All in all, traxxas is a brashers dream, lots of hop up parts ect. But if you are planning to race -NO TRAXXAS

They are more of a nightmare if you ask me... they are built like junk and any bashing results in tons of broken parts, and to make them even relatively close to competent they require a huge list of expensive upgrades... they are nothing more then money pits if you ask me.....I wouldn't glorify the needed hoppups thats for sure, as all that does is costs someone money and downtime... buying a quality product from square one results in less overall money spent, better performing RC and much less downtime.....
Old 06-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For an MT racer they make the best MT truck. Other then that......that is all I would get for racing. For the normal basher they make a ton of stuff.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Who's hating ? My son has a Slash and yes it was a Christmas present. As far as racing with traxxas; its not meant to be !! Just what I said, a good present at Christmas.
Originally Posted by The Working Man
Come on now, don't hateI know you won't admit it, but a lot of you "racers" want a T-maxx to beat on. Oh so many young men opened that box on Chrismas mourning and had tears in there eyes, so don't hate. BTW, I like haters. They let me know I'm livin' the good life.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
They are more of a nightmare if you ask me... they are built like junk and any bashing results in tons of broken parts, and to make them even relatively close to competent they require a huge list of expensive upgrades... they are nothing more then money pits if you ask me.....I wouldn't glorify the needed hoppups thats for sure, as all that does is costs someone money and downtime... buying a quality product from square one results in less overall money spent, better performing RC and much less downtime.....
There is no other vehicle on the market except for maybe the savage, that a person can turn into a bling machine. My Tmaxx was nothing but RPM and Integy with the .21 conversion and man it was almost as much fun to look at as it was to drive! and it was so awesome to spend the money on it every couple of weeks and make it better, stronger, and more bling. Half the fun was upgrading all the parts. My Tmaxx was the envy of the neighborhood..It was still a piece of shit, but it sure was fun to upgrade and to drive. I understand what your saying Mr. Clockwork, but I am saying from a standpoint of someone who sunk a bunch of money into it, it was worth every penny
Old 06-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I also used to own a Maxx and a Revo, and still think they were awesome to just have fun with. My revo only had rpm arms as upgrades, and I used it at our club races to race against truggies. It didn't have the power or the handling of a truggy (which is why I decided to buy a truggy), but it was super reliable.

The only race my revo didn't finish was when the receiver battery died. And I used to do things to the revo that I would never do with my buggy or truggy because it was cheaper to fix the revo.

For a car just to play with, and there are plenty of people out there that don't want to go racing, the traxxas cars are perfect.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Back when I first started in RC, Traxxas made some pretty awesome cars and trucks to race. Some that come to mind, the SRT, TCP, and the Nitro Hawk was pretty revolutionary for its time. I wish they would get back in to racing...
Old 06-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

My first nitro was a T-maxx. It got me into nitro and it made me appreciate the durability of my x1.5 CRT.

It is an awesome tool.. think of it as a gateway drug to the world of RC.

I got a traxxas VXL system for free. One of the wires poped off the board on the speed controller and they warrantied it. Their customer service is awesome.

If they offered a kit slash w/o electronics and motor I'd pick it up in a heartbeat to race in the bash class. I'll probably pick up an SC10 though, since i have the brushless setup laying around.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Well, I am a nitro guy, but I traded a Truggy roller for a Slash with Lipo, its fun, and easy, low maintenace, I know I do not want a Revo or somthin like that, but its a good way to get people started on racin, I started in 1/8 scale nitro, and had a hell of a learning curve, Me and my Lil Bro are Gettin our Nephew a slash (Well I am Getting the charger) and he is gonna start runnin, no better way to test the racin gene, than a slash, if it ends up collecting dust, it's just a few hundred, Folks learn the basics, fixing them is cheap compared to real race models, there are not hundreds of moving parts to maintain, so unlike a new nitro unit, you can just go have fun, if you want to do more, you will have a better understanding of what you are in for...so there fine, sure they sell alot, look at the package price? Heck, I laid down a grand on my first Nitro RTR, and that was just the basic stuff to go racing, I liked it, so I stuck with it, but the slash is only bitter if you do not race it ever, the other ones could leave someone badmouthin the product, so overall, I think they are fine.

Monkey
Old 06-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

well many MANY moons ago....when traxxas still made high quality kits (i bet more than one of ya out there didnt know they ever made kits hahaha) they were just as competitive of not more so than losi or associated....but they never went overboard with pushing their racing program...instead they went after the rtr backyard basher market and the rest is what u see today....they're makin bank and probly wont change much unless they take a big loss cuz of the racing scene....just my .02
Old 06-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm not sure why people dont like traxxas. I bought a jato 3.3 as my first nitro car. I didnt like it b/c you couldnt keep the front tires on the ground. So i bought a Revo 3.3 broke it in tuned it and have taken it to the local track. I have crashed it hard hit trees in mid air and the only thing I have broken is a pushrod for the suspension. I traded my Jato for used losi 8ight I got to run it once and had to order a cluch (expensive to rebuild the clutch) and a engine gasket kit. I had alot more luck from traxxas so far. Now I do think the buggy will be better on the track than the Revo but we only have one local track here so there isnt much racing just bashing. So I have been pleased with my traxxas vehicles. I have bought my 2 sons electric stampedes and they are great for them.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

my take on traxxas is that they look very cheap. mayeb its the handful of radio shak RC i had growing up but the traxxas stuff looks exactly the same if youre not looking at anything other than the flat greys and blacks once you pop the lid off. I have a slayer and its alright but as stated you have to do so much crap to them to make them runnable. Look at the rest of my sig and you se ewehre i tend to stick around. Never had any reliability issues. Today on my traxxas i noticed about 3-4 of the c-clips on the u-joints are missing. Not my idea of parts that should be missing when the truck hasnt even seen hang time yet and is barely through a jug of nitro
Old 06-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

If you look at the traxxas range on a case to case basis they are great value entry level fun machines and need to be seen in that light.
I have owned an origional Revo, recently an ERevo I turned into a brushless race machine and most recently the new Summit.
When you think you get 5x servos, LED lights front and rear, locking diffs on the fly, hilo ratio, big electric motor, 4x channel receiver,waterproof electronics and not a bad radio and one of the strongist bodies out for under $500 they are great value and I have rolled mine down hills that would have broken my truggy but it came away with barely a scratch.
Traxxas are a very innovative company who dont mind thinking outside the square and dont follow but start trends in RC...similar to Losi really
Old 06-18-2009, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malcnz
Traxxas are a very innovative company who dont mind thinking outside the square and dont follow but start trends in RC...similar to Losi really
er... please enlighten me here - when's the last time Losi started an RC trend???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.