Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What is the best truggy motor out there >

What is the best truggy motor out there

What is the best truggy motor out there

Old 06-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I am running a Go Tech 3 Port .21 Race with a Dynamite 086 pipe. It has just over a gallon on it and has unbelieveable speed and torque. It is my first engine to break-in and tune, so far it has been pretty easy with the help of some local experts at my track.

When the time comes it is either another Go Tech or conversion to Electric.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
I concur.....Ive been running max's motor's for a couple year's now and i have yett to be muscled out on ANY straight away.....Multiple Sponsored A-main guys ask me what the heck i am running.....most think its a .28 at first and are surprised to hear its a .21
Yup, I'd contact Maximo about one of his Clockwork jpx21's. The only other motors I've had are a Hot Modded 21-5kt, Hot Modded 821b, Ninja jx21 & Plus4 and the motor he did for me is by far the most powerful. He has also modded a Picco p3 .28 for my basher truggy and it is a MONSTER. Cool guy & excellent customer service too.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

If its a 21, there's nothing faster than a 21-7FMS, but I've never seen an engine in a truggy more powerful than an Extech/Sirio/Orion (whatever) .24 with a sirio/trinity fatboy pipe, that thing throuws a guy's RC8T at my local track like if it weighted 3lbs less around, REALLY, its like putting that 21-7FMS on a buggy, simply to much, its not that its enough power, its that it probably overwhelms the truck, and!, its not modded, but thats just good enough for me LOL modded, even better! Just choke it with a 6mm restrictor!

X
Old 06-15-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by maxflo777
If its a 21, there's nothing faster than a 21-7FMS, but I've never seen an engine in a truggy more powerful than an Extech/Sirio/Orion (whatever) .24 with a sirio/trinity fatboy pipe, that thing throuws a guy's RC8T at my local track like if it weighted 3lbs less around, REALLY, its like putting that 21-7FMS on a buggy, simply to much, its not that its enough power, its that it probably overwhelms the truck, and!, its not modded, but thats just good enough for me LOL modded, even better! Just choke it with a 6mm restrictor!

X

Actually the modded JPX would have no issues being faster and stronger then the FMS... Not to get into a "which is faster debate" but the modded JPX is an absolute animal of a engine...The FMS may come close to matching it on the topside, but will get killed in the low end and midrange...
Old 06-15-2009, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Dude - an OS vspec to mild for a truggy? ? ? Really ? ? ?

OS VSPEC
Muger JX Series

These two are made in the same factory. The Mugen uses OS Speed parts and may be a little better deal.

Now choosing a ENGINE, you should take in to account of where you live. What's the weather like (hot and dry, humid), what alitiulde your at. These play a BIG roll in how a ENGINE will perform and how it holds a tune. I have ran from Cali to AZ to Denver to East Coast and the tunes are different. I have seen people that goes the PIT from Mile High and East coast that have different ENGINES and cant get them to tune for nothing.

If you are new to the nitro power stuff, stay away from modded ENGINES until you have experience in tuning because they are more pickey.

OS/MUGEN - are some of the most verstile ENGINES on the market. Hands Down - I have learned this from experiance. And to the Jammin guy- I will out run you with an OS Vspec - fuel is better and power curve is better.

There is no track that I have ever been to and no jump that I didnt clear because it was under powered. The mugen JX is built on the same principles but has alittle more low end. NO GO TECH, NO Picco.
Go to you local track and see what they are running.

Good Luck
Old 06-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by token
Dude - an OS vspec to mild for a truggy? ? ? Really ? ? ?

OS VSPEC
Muger JX Series

These two are made in the same factory. The Mugen uses OS Speed parts and may be a little better deal.

Now choosing a ENGINE, you should take in to account of where you live. What's the weather like (hot and dry, humid), what alitiulde your at. These play a BIG roll in how a ENGINE will perform and how it holds a tune. I have ran from Cali to AZ to Denver to East Coast and the tunes are different. I have seen people that goes the PIT from Mile High and East coast that have different ENGINES and cant get them to tune for nothing.

If you are new to the nitro power stuff, stay away from modded ENGINES until you have experience in tuning because they are more pickey.

OS/MUGEN - are some of the most verstile ENGINES on the market. Hands Down - I have learned this from experiance. And to the Jammin guy- I will out run you with an OS Vspec - fuel is better and power curve is better.

There is no track that I have ever been to and no jump that I didnt clear because it was under powered. The mugen JX is built on the same principles but has alittle more low end. NO GO TECH, NO Picco.
Go to you local track and see what they are running.

Good Luck

no your V-Spec would not outrun my modified jammin's..in fact the modified jammin's would rip the V-Spec a new one.... You see I am not some newbie with no experience with these engines, my current list of engines in my team's stable is OS Speed, OS V-Spec, RB C6, GRP .21,Ninja .21, Sirio CL7B STI, Nova 28-7T, Nova 21-7, OS 28, Trinity .24....... And out of the entire group of engines the modified jammin is the fastest nastiest of them all in Truggy..... With the mods the JPX .21's are hitting the same runtimes as the OS .21's, have much stronger bottom, much stronger mid and a better top end pull, the OS however does make excelent top end RPM and may be able to reach a slightly higher MPH, but the advantage the jammin has thru the powerband is is vast ....... Don't get me wrong here, I love the OS engines and my driver(Integra) placed second at the Canadian nationals in Pro Buggy using my V-Spec, and my other driver wont he B-Main Pro Buggy using a OS Speed........ In buggy the jammin's are just far too powerful and we much prefer the OS engines, however in Truggy the Jammin's work amazing and have shown a big power advantage over the OS........
Old 06-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Just drop the 500 bucks and get the os speed. No mode needed no special tricks just a fast strong smooth engine. Best engine on the market. There is a reason it cost more. The proof is on the track. I ran a speed this weekend and at the end of the long front straight. Had at least 2-4 truck lengths ahead of every one else. This happened on all 3 starts they ran the quals heads up so it was lime a mini 5 min main. I have tried modded engnes and all types. I am sold on the speed.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maximo
no your V-Spec would not outrun my modified jammin's..in fact the modified jammin's would rip the V-Spec a new one.... You see I am not some newbie with no experience with these engines, my current list of engines in my team's stable is OS Speed, OS V-Spec, RB C6, GRP .21,Ninja .21, Sirio CL7B STI, Nova 28-7T, Nova 21-7, OS 28, Trinity .24....... And out of the entire group of engines the modified jammin is the fastest nastiest of them all in Truggy..... With the mods the JPX .21's are hitting the same runtimes as the OS .21's, have much stronger bottom, much stronger mid and a better top end pull, the OS however does make excelent top end RPM and may be able to reach a slightly higher MPH, but the advantage the jammin has thru the powerband is is vast ....... Don't get me wrong here, I love the OS engines and my driver(Integra) placed second at the Canadian nationals in Pro Buggy using my V-Spec, and my other driver wont he B-Main Pro Buggy using a OS Speed........ In buggy the jammin's are just far too powerful and we much prefer the OS engines, however in Truggy the Jammin's work amazing and have shown a big power advantage over the OS........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I to own a LONG list on engines - to long to list, but I have both jammin and os and my vspec out runs my jammin. And yes I can tune very well. I would love to run aginst you one day, compare side by side,
Old 06-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't personally think the OS Speed is a good truggy engine. It is a bit "soft" on the bottom. The regular VSPEC or the Ninja either one would be a better choice. Also the C6BB is insanely powerful.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I to own a LONG list on engines - to long to list, but I have both jammin and os and my vspec out runs my jammin. And yes I can tune very well. I would love to run aginst you one day, compare side by side,
Just because your V-Spec outruns you jammin doesn't mean for a second it has a chance against one of my modded jammin's LOL......
Old 06-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

LOL. You are comparing a modded engine to a stock engine. No comparison what so ever. The Jammin engines are nasty engines, even in stock form. Maximo's engines are insane. My only problem with the jammin engines is fuel milage(stock jammin engines). I am also not a big fan of thier powerband. They have so much bottom end they can make even a truggy hard to handle in slick conditions. I run OS engines, for the reason that they are plenty powerful, have an awesome powerband(to me) and get awesome runtimes in stock form. If you are looking for an insanely powerful engine, I doubt that there are very many engines that could even come close to the modded JPX. However if you want a controllable engine, with power to spare, and awesome runtimes, look to one of the OS based engines. The v-spec, and Ninja are both awesome engines. The Speed is also an awesome engine, but I'm not confident it is worth the $$ over the other 2.

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=3240
http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...dproduct=11957
Old 06-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well said Jamminkrazy.

I would love to see another .21 out run a Clock work JPX.21...It aint happening.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maximo
Actually the modded JPX would have no issues being faster and stronger then the FMS... Not to get into a "which is faster debate" but the modded JPX is an absolute animal of a engine...The FMS may come close to matching it on the topside, but will get killed in the low end and midrange...
Well, modded vs unmoded I could accept it, I have to see it , but I could accept it, but stock vs stock & modded vs modded, there's no way man, there's simply to much in favor of the FMS for that to be possible, like plain physics for example , the FMS is not a 21-5, 21-7, or 367 (great engines!)in wolf's clothing, it's a whole different purpose built beast, it basically can't happen considering both engines with the same timming and/or setup, balance wise the jammin doesn't even have a chance, ceramic bearing, drilled and filled 14.5mm crank, a lighter piston/pin assembly, etc.

Mine is modded, and I've done my share and thank God my engines are allways up there battling the big names, so I never even started it without modding it, stock I can't tell you much other than the numbers are VERY aggressive, but I've never measured a Jammin so what can I say, All I can tell you, there's nothing closer from bottom to top at my track whenever I'm there and I run 20% nitro with 10% oil which brings the nitro% even lower and a 6.5 or 7 restrictor just in case I want to show-off.

X
Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

The Orion CRF.21 stock is faster than a speed but I don't know about the modded JPX.If you want a truggy engine to modify the go tech .25 with just a little port and crank work will crush these engines and the price is right but they don't last like an OS.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxflo777

X
I have the ex-tech .24 and that thing is just too much. I had to take it out because I couldnt control it. I put the GRP .21 non tuned and that engine helps me stay consistant and ahead of the pack.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.