Wiki Posts
Search

clutch springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default clutch springs

Getting ready to put the clutch on my 8ight (1.0). I haven't run it yet ( just bought it). I will be running the long-wear 4 aluminum shoes and using a WS7III for the motor...What springs would you recommend to start with?
Old 06-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piranha21
Getting ready to put the clutch on my 8ight (1.0). I haven't run it yet ( just bought it). I will be running the long-wear 4 aluminum shoes and using a WS7III for the motor...What springs would you recommend to start with?

If buggy you need to get 2 composite shoe's to add to that combo...with 4 alloy shoes it will hit too hard on bottom....the carbon's extend the life of the whole clutch and make it a lot easier to drive the buggy.....for spring's....start with Gold on the alum shoes and green on the composite's...if you need more stall which i doubt the WS7 will need you could go up to silver but shoe life will be dramatically cut down.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piranha21
I run that engine in a buggy with a steel flywheel (optional) and gold springs on alum shoes and green springs on carbon shoes. It works real well for me on a dry, medium traction track. You could go all green if you are racing on a real slick dust bowl, or all gold if on real high grip track. But definately get two carbon shoes for the buggy.