R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sealed Reciever Box??

I have a mugen mbx6 and i love the car but after a day of racing the receiver box gets filled with dust and dirt.

I wanted to know if there are any common quick fixes to better seal a reciever box in a 1/8 scale buggy. Thanks in advance.
lalmog91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:59 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Wrap it in a balloon... or so I've heard. I've never sealed mine.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #3
Tech Master

here you are trying to seal the thing and I have so many holes in mine it looks like swiss cheese. This because my Futaba Fasst system will overheat otherwise. I find the dirt really doesnt bother it, I just give it a blast of air at the end of the day.
Baby Car!!!!!!!
killabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalmog91 View Post
I have a mugen mbx6 and i love the car but after a day of racing the receiver box gets filled with dust and dirt.

I wanted to know if there are any common quick fixes to better seal a reciever box in a 1/8 scale buggy. Thanks in advance.
Do you have the new box with screw down lid? try it if not. otherwise, I run some grease around the lip of the lid and that helps.

I've been thinking about expoxing a heat sink in the lid above the recv
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Body vent's from http://www.oocrcracing.com/ are the ticked to venting your RX box....add a little wire mesh and it looks pretty Trick...Skinny did it in last month's XRC.

as far as sealing the Rx box.....forget about it...you obviosuly race on a rather dusty track so get used to opening the Rx and bat box to give it a quick blow with the compressor....Over time if you dont little pebble's can work their way into the Rx board....but that's if you neglect it for a long time like ive see oh soo many time's at the races
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote