R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default HPI FireStorm

i know there is probably a lot of threads about this and i am sorry i am asking it again. but i am looking to move up to nitro. i have had many electric cars and just kinda getting tired of them. i want a stadium truck and was looking at the firestorm. this will be my first nitro car to. i was wondering how hard tuning is on them? i live in indiana and the weather can change a lot so not sure if that will affect the tune. also i would like the 2 wheel drive. what do you think the cost would be before i can get it completely ready to go and mess around.

i just read the tuning and break-in bible so im kind of ready for that

thx for the help LS1-NAVY
LS1-NAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:28 AM   #2
Tech Rookie

Hey LS1, I also chose the Firestorm as my first nitro. IMO it is a great stadium truck, and you should find it easy to tune after the break in. Just make sure you take your time breaking it in. You may find you'll want to swap out the tires for something a bit more beefy (I use Proline Gladiators on mine) as the originals wear fast and aren't great on dirt. As it comes RTR all you need is a few batteries and fuel. Sorry I can't help with the pricing as I live in Canada.
Good luck
Leaffan is offline   Reply With Quote