R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2009, 04:49 AM   #1
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,301
Default NEW TECHNOLOGY RX BATTERY

Hello guys and girls

Just letting you all know about this new rx stick pack 1200mah 6.4volt(HUMP PACK WILL BE AVAILABLE ALSO) which will replace the lipo packs and will also eliminate the unreliable regulators as it will work with no problem on your standard receiver module yes yes yes .
The battery can be charged at 10amps without the worry of using a charge bag like lipo's are meant to use and will also have excellent run time .The pack can be charged with the latest chargers of today as long as it excepts lifep04 .Its uses the same port as the lipo on your charger.

they are also light weight like the lipo's

Its designed and manufacture by close friends of mine and will be available soon .we will be testing this pack ourselves this week so ill keep you all informed how it goes but according to factory testing the pack it works fine without a regulator houray.

enjoy and ill keep you all informed
Attached Thumbnails
NEW TECHNOLOGY RX BATTERY-rx-pack.jpg  
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China

Last edited by COBRARACING; 06-11-2009 at 03:01 PM.
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:43 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
RCmayor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 2,745
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to RCmayor
Default

Ya, I was looking at those a raw batteries a week or two ago. They seemed a little long for our application though, and the capacity isn't very good. Capacity and size wise the Li-Ion 18650s are better, but the voltage is up there still. It will be interesting to see how long a 1200mah pack will go.

These types of rechargeable batteries aren't anything new.
RCmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Erie Pa.
Posts: 3,323
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

No hump style?
__________________
TT MT4G3 all tricked
TTST4G3 MT4ed out

JR servos Hitec servos. Gens ace lipos KO radio.
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malik View Post
No hump style?
Hump style is coming.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCmayor View Post
Ya, I was looking at those a raw batteries a week or two ago. They seemed a little long for our application though, and the capacity isn't very good. Capacity and size wise the Li-Ion 18650s are better, but the voltage is up there still. It will be interesting to see how long a 1200mah pack will go.

These types of rechargeable batteries aren't anything new.
these rx packs will be the same size as the rx stick nimh packs and hump packs.

yes i understand the voltage but 0.4volt wont make much of a fuss as recievers do have tolerences .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
nitroexpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hello guys and girls

Just letting you all know about this new rx stick pack 1200mah 6.4volt(HUMP PACK WILL BE AVAILABLE ALSO) which will replace the lipo packs and will also eliminate the unreliable regulators as it will work with no problem on your standard receiver module yes yes yes .
The battery can be charged at 10amps without the worry of using a charge bag like lipo's are meant to use and will also have excellent run time .The pack can be charged with the latest chargers of today as long as it excepts lifep04 .Its uses the same port as the lipo on your charger.

they are also light weight like the lipo's

Its designed and manufacture by close friends of mine and will be available soon .we will be testing this pack ourselves this week so ill keep you all informed how it goes but according to factory testing the pack it works fine without a regulator houray.

enjoy and ill keep you all informed
Besides being about to fast charge at 10A, what else makes them special? 1200mah is 1200mah no matter how you cut it. Too small for consideration.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:04 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
Besides being about to fast charge at 10A, what else makes them special? 1200mah is 1200mah no matter how you cut it. Too small for consideration.
They will also soon be available at 2000mah and the other is no regulator is needed like with lipo's
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:49 AM   #8
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,175
Default

With my radio I don't need a regulator to run LiPo. It's meant to run it. Sounds interesting though.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:55 AM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,345
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

LiFe is the future...

but 1200mAh is definitely too low a capacity. 2000mAh sounds interesting though.

What kind of price bracket are we looking at? A decent 2200mAh + chinese regulator works out at $35 shipped max...

Paul
__________________
When the flag drops, the BS stops.

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #10
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hayward CA
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

are these batteries based of the A123 LiFePo batteries?

then they are huge.

As far as I know that the only US distributor?
and they come in two cell flavors

18mm X 65mm 1.1ah
26mm x 65mm 2.3ah

They are big, only benefit is the lower nominal voltage and safer to use.


FROM A123 systems for 26650 cells

Nominal voltage: 3.3V
Nominal capacity: 2.3Ah
Core cell weight: 70 grams
Internal impedance: (1kHz AC) 8 mΩ typical
Typical fast charge current: 10A to 3.6V CCCV
70A continuous discharge
120A, 10 sec pulse discharge
Cycle life at 10C discharge, 100% DOD: over 1,000 cycles
devilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric Touring / On-Road RC Screaming Wind Manila Racers 32167 05-02-2017 10:20 PM
Off Road Thread (ALL SCALES UNITE) suntok2 Manila Racers 18645 01-07-2016 01:13 AM
The Big Locked Thread donitaROSE Manila Racers 89718 03-26-2015 07:17 AM
EP 1/10 Touring zafira2310 Indonesia Racing 10142 06-18-2010 11:09 PM
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 01:50 PM
lipo rx pack versus nimh rx pack zixxer Nitro Off-Road 6 11-03-2008 05:23 PM
Sanwa/Airtronics M11 jeffreylin Nitro On-Road 44 05-12-2005 05:48 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:55 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net