Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Quieter exhaust? >

Quieter exhaust?

Quieter exhaust?

Old 06-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Quieter exhaust?

In a half baked effort to shut some neighbours up im looking for an aftermarket pipe for the TRX3.3. Try to run it out front and at least one of them always comes out and complains, i just get tired of wasting real fuel in my car to drive to the closest empty parking lot of field that isnt loaded up with soccer or baseball, when im just looking to tune my truck. Any ideas for a quieter pipe?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

dude if its daytime and u dont live in apartments i say screw em...thats not cool...u got the right to run ur car outside in a public street...it is not that loud
Old 06-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

i think its the echo more than anything, the houses are close together around here and where theres not house theres trees. not to mention my house is in the middle of the block and i can go about 600-700' ft either way if the radio allows it haha, haven't tried yet lol

is there a quieter exhaust out there? or a mod you can do to soften it up a bit?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

usually the stock plastic pipe is as quiet as ur gonna get...all the tuned pipes are gonna be louder im pretty sure...
Old 06-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not that you want to start a fight with the whole block but I would check your local noise ordinance level and as long as you are under that then they can't do a thing.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZrcdriver
Not that you want to start a fight with the whole block but I would check your local noise ordinance level and as long as you are under that then they can't do a thing.
I'm sure your engine is quieter than most leaf blowers or lawnmowers.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

well thats my problem, im trying to tune right now cause it sounds like a 500cc dirt bike right now haha. I can understand why the people around here dont like this noisy little truck running up and down the block endlessly at 40-50mph haha
Old 06-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

if it is as loud as a 500cc dirt bike you may have a leek
in the header or at the motor that little truck should not
be that loud the dogs and kids on the block should make
more nose than that truck and it is one thing just running
up an back to get a tune on it or just blasting up an down
the street at full speed all day i have done a brake-in method
ware you run one full gallon of fuel at idol and that takes a
long time and not one of my neighbors sad a word
Old 06-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Try electric. lol
Old 06-10-2009, 09:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

an INS box would help
maybe the .21 ones from nova and rb would fit
Old 06-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Ok to all you who say the noise is not loud and check the local codes -none of that matter. Yes we all have nitro and may be we don’t think its loud but a lot of people do.

It does not matter what you local code say about noise level. If they complain to the police or your HOA, YOU CAN BE CITED.

It’s called disturbing the peace.

Kids are louder – dude be real – not even in the ghetto are people that loud. Dude when I run my 8T with vspec and matching pipe in front of my house. It drowns conversation. Everyone is not use to yelling at everyone like us Nitro Racer in the pits. Hahahahahahahaha

Blower or Lawnmower – that’s funny right there. Hahahahahahaha

You can’t mod your pipe and tune at the same time.

The best thing you can do is communicate with the neighbors. I do. And respect. Let them know what you have –show them and explain what you need to do. Now check it – if you are running this thing up and down the street after 5pm on a weekday. Yes you may get some words. Dude I would M-F all day, when I get home and settle down the last thing I want to hear is a noisy truck outside. But I tell you talk to them. I have done that and 2 of my neighbors went our and brought RC too.

Communication and Respect

If you are just unlucky to live near and ahole – then screw him and run hahahahahahaha
Old 06-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Ok to all you who say the noise is not loud and check the local codes -none of that matter. Yes we all have nitro and may be we don’t think its loud but a lot of people do.

It does not matter what you local code say about noise level. If they complain to the police or your HOA, YOU CAN BE CITED.

It’s called disturbing the peace.
so when did you become a police officer? ive had the cops called one me twice and one came over to a field i was in when i used to bash. the one who came to me in the field i asked if i can get in trouble if i run this by my house and he told me if its not obsessively loud then no, and if its not louder then what im seein right now you dont have anything to worry about(that was him talkin)

and then 2 days later a cop pulled up while i was tuning in front of my house and watched me for a min and told me the situation and just asked if i could move to another location. if i didnt want to i didnt have to but it would help not piss off my neighbors. and the next cop said the same thing

But might i add, this may change in different areas
Old 06-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Someone called the Cops on me once when I was bashing in a dirt field (because it was private property) The cops that came were so impressed with my "toy" they asked if they could try it. since there was nothing to crash into, I agreed and we all took turns bashing for a half hour before they told me I had to leave
Old 06-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

My neighbors love it when I fire up my MBX6 for a test run or get the Inferno GT out and bash for a while, I run out of gas is when they complain!!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Someone called the Cops on me once when I was bashing in a dirt field (because it was private property) The cops that came were so impressed with my "toy" they asked if they could try it. since there was nothing to crash into, I agreed and we all took turns bashing for a half hour before they told me I had to leave
I knew you were a basher and not a racer!!!!! The truth has now been told...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.