R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Losi 2.0 buggy help

Hello,
I just ran my losi 2.0 last weekend and I have a few questions. The buggy feels really unstable. I am running -2 degrees camber all the way around. shock oil is 35front and 25 rear. Diffs are 5000F,7000M and 3000R. Its a little tough for me to figure out the ride hight on the car since I am a little new and do not have all the tools. I am running about 1 degree of toe out, max kickup with the adjustable hinge pin braces and max toe in the rear. I also have the wider rear wheel adapters. I tried the stock tires that it comes with and also M3 Crime Fighters. I went to a 2.5 sway bars. I was just wondering if there was something I can try. I am running at a small track not too many jumps. The buggy just feels really unstable so it is hard to try to drive very fast with it. I am thinking of buying the smart diffs but there are so many mix reviews about it I am not quite sure that is the way to go. Any help would be great.
hacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Let the car break-in. The first 60min the car will push and won't handle properly.
pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:32 AM   #3
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromania View Post
Let the car break-in. The first 60min the car will push and won't handle properly.
+1
i've had two eights and both were a nightmare until the had more than a gallon threw them, then both were a dream...

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:39 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Start with the setups offered on the Losi website, often times the ones posted there end up being the fastest thing going.

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:38 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My 2.0 couldnt be more stable.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Losi cars have to be driven different then other cars. If this is your first Losi car, and coming from a different car, that may be the issue. The cars need to break in a little to get some slop in them, but in my opinion, they have to be driven more calm and smooth. Let the car do the work. Let it roll in and out of the corners.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker1 View Post
Hello,
I just ran my losi 2.0 last weekend and I have a few questions. The buggy feels really unstable. I am running -2 degrees camber all the way around. shock oil is 35front and 25 rear. Diffs are 5000F,7000M and 3000R. Its a little tough for me to figure out the ride hight on the car since I am a little new and do not have all the tools. I am running about 1 degree of toe out, max kickup with the adjustable hinge pin braces and max toe in the rear. I also have the wider rear wheel adapters. I tried the stock tires that it comes with and also M3 Crime Fighters. I went to a 2.5 sway bars. I was just wondering if there was something I can try. I am running at a small track not too many jumps. The buggy just feels really unstable so it is hard to try to drive very fast with it. I am thinking of buying the smart diffs but there are so many mix reviews about it I am not quite sure that is the way to go. Any help would be great.

Hi, I just get my Losi 2.0 about four weeks, dont get crazy setting up the car, as every one is telling you, the car has to be brake in for about 60 - 80 min. and then it becomes more and more soft.
Just keep the standart setup and run it for that time or about 1,5 gallon.

And of course if this is your first losi, you will need a bit of extra time to get use to it.! ;-)
Team Zona-RC
j_castano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Hello,
My ride height in front is 27 and the rear is 29
chevydc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #9
Tech Initiate

Ok, I will leave it alone. I used to run the Mugen buggies but I got out of it for a few years. I was reading all the posts about how stable this buggy is so I was a little confused on how mine felt.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #10
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Ok, I will leave it alone. I used to run the Mugen buggies but I got out of it for a few years. I was reading all the posts about how stable this buggy is so I was a little confused on how mine felt.
I guess that your last car was a Mugen MBX5, no?

One major difference with the old Mugen is the weight.
Is a car faster than Mugen, but you need to have more contact with the trigger.
Team Zona-RC
j_castano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #11
Tech Initiate

Yes it was a MBX5. I am not sure if the Losi is faster, because of my issue with the buggy I will have to give a better reply once it has broken in.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #12
Tech Adept

If you've come from an MBX5 then you will have to alter your driving a great deal in order to make it work, the MBX5 was a car that was very forgiving to drive and you could get away with so much more. The Losi needs to be driven with more finesse and more delicately, you need to be smooth into and out of the corners, hit the apex's right and the speed will be there in buckets. Just try and drive it as slow as you can and work on the pace from there, providing you keep it on its wheels you'll be suprised just how quickly you can go with it driving it so slowly.

I would have to agree with everyone else though, it takes a few meetings to fully bed in, after a few meetings it'll loosen up and become more forgiving to drive.
Ashalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm looking at putting the Losi Stable and Easy to Drive setup on my 8ight 1.0 as I am having a lot of trouble getting it stable to where I want. Is this a good starting point?

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #14
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
I'm looking at putting the Losi Stable and Easy to Drive setup on my 8ight 1.0 as I am having a lot of trouble getting it stable to where I want. Is this a good starting point?
Definately a good starting point.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Definately a good starting point.
Thanks Jammin. I think I asked this about 20 times and everyone pointed me in different directions but no one commented about this setup. Quick quesion about front toe....On the setup sheet it says 2 degrees toe out. My RPM toe in guage I can make it to where it is 2 degrees out on 1 side, but do I do 2 degrees out on both sides or 1 degree out per tire?

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote